Nice to meet you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nice to meet you!

Post  galya5 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello Smile  I'm from Ukraine. I am 37 years old, I have 2 children - a daughter (10 years old) and son (5 years old). Your forum I found, when we looked at the pictures with close-UPS of faces . I like to watch a lot of photo and guess where some dal doll.
I liked Your forum so that everything is systematized, organized, and a warm homely atmosphere.
Now in my country there is a war - not the best time to buy a doll, right? but they are comforting and distracting from the problems of reality.
While I'm just waiting for my first little dal Very Happy  (this F-249 June 2009-City Police Jack), she goes to me from the seller from Amazon's site. I hope to buy ever more dal doll Love . I love to sew clothes for my dolls, to make wigs and shoes (some of my dolls have a few J-doll, one pullip (Karen) one little pullip (Dormouse).
P.S. I don't know very well English (I use an online translator) , so forgive my grammatical errors.

galya5
Shy
Shy

Female
Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice to meet you!

Post  TrueFan on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Dolls can be a comfort in times of trouble. I hope you are safe.

I love City Police Jack.

TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 8811

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:31 am

It's nice to meet you too. This forum is really my favorite for a friendly atmosphere. I hope you will enjoy it. As TrueFan already said, I hope you can be safe too. Please enjoy yourself here, and hopefully you can get some more Dals and other dolls too.
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post  galya5 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:41 pm

TrueFan, kyubi09, I am very pleased with your support, thank you!  Love Fortunately, we live far from the fire (so far). I have deliberately not watching the news, so as not to be filled with negativity and not to despair. I hope all the bad things will soon be over, the economy will get better, the people around will be kinder.
A few years ago and I could not think that in the world there is such a large number of beautiful dolls. Moreover, thanks to the Internet and international purchases, I can have not only dolls, but also to find like-minded people!
I live in a small town, everyone here think that dolls are for little girls. (Very well, I have a daughter - "to cover" Laughing ). When we take the doll for a walk to take pictures... look around with interest, but not as much as would be looking for an adult WITH a DOLL WITHOUT a CHILD. After reading some posts on this forum I see that this attitude is prevalent not only in our country. What do you feel about that? Do you hide (hid) your hobby from others, to avoid ridicule?

galya5
Shy
Shy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:13 pm

I have received many odd looks as an adult with a doll and no child!

Most of the time I ignore it and continue to take photos, but it's annoying.

My family and friends don't understand my interest in dolls, but they tolerate it.
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 8811

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 pm

I love beautiful things, and like to surround myself with them. Be it art, music figures or dolls. Most of my friends know this I think, but I don't go out of my way to involve them in the dolls specifically. I do post photos online, and people can choose to look at them or not. Many of my friends and family do not like my dolls, and think they are creepy, but thankfully my husband does not. He is my biggest supporter. Very Happy
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:46 am

Welcome!  I hope the difficult times are short lived and things get back to normal soon.

I'm afraid it's fairly common to have people look at you strangely when you're an adult out and about with a doll, no matter where you live.  Except maybe Japan, they're a lot more accepting of adults being into cute things.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3064

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:24 am

Hahaha! I am reminded of the weird looks I got bringing V-det to see Alton Brown.  He was remarkably tolerant, but he really likes puppets, so I guess it was ok. lol!
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  galya5 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 pm

It all depends on how confident do you feel. The main thing is not to look guilty and not be embarrassed. Do not pay any attention and behave as a Director on the set: move ! you dim the light! I need a beautiful backdrop! Once we together with my daughter tried to apply this way of behaviour... it worked! Passers-by looked at us with respect Surprised
 Imagine if a lot of people with the dolls gathered in one place for photography - then it is time for others to feel insecure  
kyubi09 wrote: thankfully my husband does not.  He is my biggest supporter. Very Happy
My husband is not thrilled with my dolls, but he tolerate it, (as well as TrueFan says). And my support is the daughter Wink

CornflowerBlue, thank you for the kind words. I sometimes think that people who live in large cities, more tolerant to other people with unusual Hobbies.

galya5
Shy
Shy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  scrapsoflife on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome to the Dal house, Galya! As others have said, I'm glad you're not directly in harms way and glad you have found a bright spot in doll collecting.

Kasia (Monomono), Tessa (Tezca), T'ika (Lipoca)
scrapsoflife

Female
Number of posts : 360

http://www.scrapsoflife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:35 am

Hi and welcome! I'm glad that you have found your way to this forum, and I hope you enjoy being a part of it.
Smile

KiraKira
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1734

http://www.ipernity.com/home/justlikewasabi

Back to top Go down

Post  galya5 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:50 pm

scrapsoflife, KiraKira, thank you! I did not expect that so many people say to me: welcome! I rejoice like a child, really! Very Happy Very Happy

galya5
Shy
Shy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sakyune on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, galya5! Very Happy I'm so sorry about the current situation in your country, I hope things get better soon, stay safe Smile

Congratulations on your little Dal! Hope she arrives to you soon and you can show her around the forum sometimes Wink
sakyune
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 444

http://www.flickr.com/people/sakyune/

Back to top Go down

Post  galya5 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

sakyune, thank you for your congratulations!
I ordered her  the 7th of February, I hope to get somewhere in the middle of March (It's so long Sad )
But my eyes are happy by so many of your beautiful dolls Love

galya5
Shy
Shy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top