The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello there, everyone~!

+2
scrapsoflife
Skippyandjif
6 posters

Go down

Hello there, everyone~! Empty Hello there, everyone~!

Post  Skippyandjif Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:34 am

Hi all!

If you're on Dolly Market or MyFigureCollection you might know me since I'm a member on there. Cool

My first Dal was Charlotte, I got her as a birthday present to myself. ^_^ She's adorable, she has this spoilt-but-rather-innocent look to her, and her dress is INCREDIBLE!! My others are Satti ("Sylvestre" as I do not have many boy dolls... Embarassed ); Kanta ("Kavni" which means "little poem"); and Ende (whose name I am keeping since I think it's cool). And I hope to preorder the Princess Small Lady Dal when she comes up on Pullipstyle! Their pouty faces are just so cute... I like how it makes them look like they have a bit of an attitude, hahaha.

A bit about me... I live in Brooklyn and love it to bits; I'm getting a Ph.D in physics right now, which involves a lot of computer programming, which I also love to bits when it's not causing me to bang my head on my desk; in what little free time I have, I draw, do crosswords and Sudoku, enjoy anime/manga, make clothes, practice guitar, and read; I'm an exercise fiend and play Dance Dance Revolution for like an hour and 45 minutes every day, or play soccer. I'm really shy around people but great with animals, and cats are my favorite. I don't have any cats right now but I have a bunch of orchids which are like my babies. Smile

I'm a devoted fan of the Mets, the Yankees, and the Brooklyn Cyclones, as well as Football Club Barcelona!
Skippyandjif
Skippyandjif

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Hello there, everyone~! Empty Re: Hello there, everyone~!

Post  scrapsoflife Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:44 am

Welcome to the Dal House! Sounds like you've got quite a collection going!

Kasia (Monomono), Tessa (Tezca), T'ika (Lipoca)
scrapsoflife
scrapsoflife

Female
Number of posts : 368

http://www.scrapsoflife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:20 am

Welcome! Glad you found us! You have an excellent start on a Dal collection.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11771

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:35 am

Welcome and join in the fun!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:53 am

Hi (again Smile )  I just joined here too, also from DM.
Another cat-loving orchid grower?!  Yay!   flower
What do you have?  Mine are mostly phals; have a dendrobium, potinara, brassia, couple of oncidiums... probably forgotten someone... and a struggling beallara who's just blooming for the 2nd time in many years.  I love taking closeup flower photos.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1697

Back to top Go down

Post  Skippyandjif Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:41 am

I have two phals (one is huuuuuuge and keeps blooming; the smaller one was rescued and doesn't bloom as often), a paphiopedalum who blooms pretty rarely (...and usually when I'm away visiting family, haha), a very young ascofinetia that hasn't bloomed yet, and a zygopetalum that is attempting to recover from "cold shock" (bought at an outdoor vendor on one of those oh-so-lovely fall days where the temperature drops from 60 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit in a few hours...nearly killed the poor plant). Oh, and a bunch of flasks full of- hopefully- tiny tiny baby phals, since I cross-pollinated my two.

Hopefully my paph will still have a flower when I get back from my mom's place- the color palette of the blooms matches my Lilith Byul exactly, all green and black and purple, so I'd been wanting to take a picture of Lilith near the flower! (Curiously enough, I nicknamed my paph "Lilla", which is close to Lilith... Did it completely by accident, I swear, hahaha.)

Good luck with your beallara!
Skippyandjif
Skippyandjif

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:50 am

Wow, you're doing the flask thing!!  Did you do it all yourself or use a flasking service?  It would be cool to see what you get from the cross, but wow, you have to wait so long!
I forgot my ascocentrum, who's decided to quit blooming.  I remember looking at ascofinetias when I was shopping online.  They're so cute! And I love zygos' funky colours.
Many of mine are rescues from Walmart & grocery stores, marked down after the blooms are done.  If the stores haven't completely killed them yet, they can often be saved.  I have no more windowsill space though... even the mini phals I got aren't really THAT small, & are overflowing their little stand.
I find it hard to get dolls & orchid flowers lined up for decent photos.  Got some I like with the beallara.  Hope you'll be able to get some with your Byul.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1697

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:23 pm

OK, yes, I want to see photos of dolls with orchids!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11771

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome!!

Please do flaunt you dolls and orchids here! :3
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum