The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

+6
TrueFan
KiraKira
dargosmydaddy
CornflowerBlue
Offgenemi
Alliecat
10 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #6

Post  kyubi09 Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:07 am

Ok maybe this is a bit of a cheat. But I haven't really got any dolly dishes, or made anything at home lately, but I just had one of my (food) mushroom kits produce a major flush of mushrooms.  Hangry liked their color (They are Golden Oysters) and decided she would taste them.  (I picked 2 of the smaller ones for a good size for her.)

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30127536826_33da1ee57a_zHangry for Mushrooms 3 by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr

Just for reference, if anyone is curious, here's the flush, which Hangry now claims she grew.
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30162372215_797eb3625a_zHangry for Mushrooms 4 by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #1

Post  kyubi09 Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:50 am

I kept hunting for interesting signs and movie posters and mentioned to Dear Husband what I was doing.  Upon hearing the name options (Angry Edge and Charlotte are the most likely ones I could find) he said pull up Angry Birds.  Well, he was not wrong, but Angry is most definitely displeased.  She didn't want to pose.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 29534321983_72c2a85e45_zAngry is Angry by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Re: September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

Post  Mina Mimosa Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:57 am

The colors are so fun there kyubi09!
Mina Mimosa
Mina Mimosa
Shy
Shy

Number of posts : 43

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130897525@N05/

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Re: September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

Post  kyubi09 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 am

Mina Mimosa wrote:The colors are so fun there kyubi09!

Yeah... somehow I ended up on a color kick, without meaning to. And of course I'm rushing too, because procrastination should be my first and last name, never mind middle.
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #2

Post  kyubi09 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:16 am

This is probably the last I can do, since I go out of town tomorrow, but Edge decided she wanted to see what long hair might look like, and took a bit of mohair, a dried Orchid, and some dry leaves and buds of another flower and made them into a weird fascinator.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30163309215_0c32c8e176_zEdge's new Hat by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:20 am

Your mushrooms are so cool! I tried a kit once but it never grew anything, so I just gave up. Laughing

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:54 am

KiraKira wrote:Your mushrooms are so cool!  I tried a kit once but it never grew anything, so I just gave up. Laughing

Thank you. Mushroom kits are a bit easier but more demanding than plants in some ways. They have different temperature, light, and moisture requirements to fruit so that was potentially one of those was your problem. The golden oysters like warm weather, while most other oysters like cool weather, so this kit may stop producing pretty soon. Since we keep our kits in AC, they need to be misted daily, but other than that, you don't do much else to them. If you have mushroom logs, they can take several months to a year to produce,b it you put them where they are in shade, but get rain.
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:45 pm

So many adorable photos!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11768

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Love all of the new additions to this challenges Mina and kyubi took great photos Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #1

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:59 am

Sadly I could not find a sign in real life to go with any of my three dolls, so the computer had to stand in... Here's Harper, looking unimpressed.

[img]September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30165117296_57897e0d9eHarper25 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #9

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 am

Addalee and her pet rock Violet like to spend quiet time together. Violet is a lap rock and likes to be petted.

[img]September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30165108066_21d287f18dAddalee4 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 Empty Challenge #10

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:02 am

And finally, Henri attempted to take a selfie. It did not go spectacularly, though she was glad that she cut Addalee out of the picture rather than herself...

[img]September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! - Page 6 30199430175_c71ecf4e1aHenriAddaleeselfie by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for a fun month of challenges, CornflowerBlue!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:30 am

I'm back from a trip and other things. I plan on updating things tomorrow, so I can get on with picking the winners. Thanks to everyone for participating. Very Happy

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:01 am

I forgot to mention that Idic's pet rock is named Steve.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:20 am

Hello, Steve! Obviously, I didn't get to the update yet. Sad

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:24 am

I think I've got all the challenges updated.  Please review my count below and make sure I didn't miss giving you credit for any of the challenges.

Alliecat - 10
dargosmydaddy - 9
Helianthus - 4
KiraKira - 10
kyubi09 - 8
Mina Mimosa - 10
Offgenemi - 10
TrueFan - 6

Worst part of this contest: keeping track of who did what.
Best part of this contest: Enjoying everyone's photos.  You all were very creative!

I'm impressed that almost everyone completed at least half of the challenges and 4 of you did them all   And Mina Mimosa did them all in such a short period of time. Very Happy

Next I'll get photos of the prizes up and after you've had a few days to make sure I've counted right, then I'll do the drawing.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

I know I missed 2, so 8 completed is the correct amount for me.

Thank you for all the work on this challenge. It was a lot of fun.
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:13 am

Wow, I didn't realize I'd done nine! I feel proud Smile
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Mina Mimosa Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 am

This was so fun to do! I loved coming up with ways to fulfill the challenges!
Mina Mimosa
Mina Mimosa
Shy
Shy

Number of posts : 43

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130897525@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 am

It is a lot of work to count but like you said they are so much fun. I loved this event and all the entries Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:44 am

I'm glad everyone enjoyed this event. Very Happy Maybe we'll have to do it again next year, provided I can come up with some different challenges.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:18 am

It would be a great annual event!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 am

TrueFan wrote:It would be a great annual event!

I agree with this 100%!

Very Happy

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  Helianthus Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Yes, it was great fun Smile
Helianthus
Helianthus
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:23 am

Yes it should be annual Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next