The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed

+5
hugosdaughter
CornflowerBlue
DeadlyNova
jahzteen
Marsian
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed Empty 10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed

Post  TrueFan Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Announcing the 2016 "choose your own theme" Dal 10th anniversary holiday swap! This is the final event in our year of celebrating Dal's 10th anniversary.

If you would like to participate, first choose your Dal (or Dals, if you'd like two swaps). Then, post the doll's photo, a short description of the doll's personality, and your chosen theme. The person who has you in the swap will send you items based on that theme.

For example, if you choose cats, you will receive items themed to cats. If you choose party, your items will be party-themed. You are welcome to choose Christmas as your theme, if you like. Just make sure your theme is something your partner can easily achieve. You could also, for example, choose "shoes" if you only want shoes.

If you sign up two dolls, you will send two gifts and receive two gifts.

You will not necessarily receive from and send to the same person. In any event, send me a PM with your address. Please let me know if you want to send your gift within your own country.

Sign-up deadline is October 22. I will assign any partners who still need assigning within the following week.

Your gift should be on its way by December 1 or so if you are mailing to another country or December 8 or so if you are mailing within your own country. The value of the gift must be at least $25 not including shipping, and it must fit the theme of the recipient. Unless the person you are sending to specifies something else, your gift should include something to wear (for example dress, skirt and blouse, or pants and shirt) and accessories of your choice (toys, headband, shoes, books, etc.). You can also include small gifts for the human, but the bulk of the gift should be for the doll.

Please note that you do not have to spend $25. If, for example, you make a nice outfit you could sell for $20, it counts as $20 even if you spent less than $20 for supplies. You would just need to add additional items to make up the $25.

Rules: Before signing up to participate, please remember that this is a commitment to send a gift. It is very disappointing to sign up for a gift exchange and never receive a gift. You are also required to post photos when you receive your gift. Please see the full rules here:
https://thedalhouse.forumactif.org/t139-rules-for-participating-in-forum-swaps

If you are participating and see the post of a member/Dal/theme you'd like to send a gift to, send me a PM and I will assign you to that Dal if not already chosen. (If you choose a partner you can get started shopping or sewing earlier.)

Questions, please ask away!

Participants
Mo-Dell (Satti on stock body)/hugosdaughter - Attitude
Tesca (Tezca on stock body)/Marsian - Lolita Punk
Montmorency (Cherry Sweet on stock body)/TrueFan - the darker side of Tea Party
Feriha (Kanta on obitsu, not sure what size)/Offgenemi - Vintage
Hilarity (Ho-Ho on stock body)/TrueFan - Tea Party
Owari (Ende on stock body)/kyubi09 - Spooky Elegance (secondarily Cats not Bats)
Tuesday (Edge on stock body but expecting an obitsu)/KiraKira - Punk Style
Twiggy (Pinocchio on stock body)/CornflowerBlue - Autumn/Autumn Leaves
Miru (Tinkerbelle on stock body)/jahzteen - Retro
Persephone (Katoya on stock body)/DeadlyNova - Evil or Witch

Last edited by TrueFan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 14 times in total
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11770

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed Empty Re: 10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed

Post  kyubi09 Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 pm

I realized I have neglected a pair of important girls.  Here are Ende and Owari, who are cousins.  They look very similar, but do not want to be perceived as twins unless they are trying to trick someone.  To this end, Owari (on the right) has decided she would like to diversify her look.  She wants to maintain the air of spooky elegance that she and Ende both share, but not necessarily in the same vein.  Since her mother is a Nekomata (2 tailed Cat monster), she much prefers cats to bats. So something with a cat style to it, not necessarily as literal as Ende's impressive Bat Bonnet, would be very cool.  Colors are up to the Santa's judgement, but please keep in mind Owari's brilliant red cat eye, and rose eye can potentially clash with some colors.  She hasn't decided on a a new hair cut/color so don't worry about that.

So to sum up:  Owari's Theme: Spooky Elegance (secondarily Cats not Bats)

Ende is perfectly happy with her look and her amazing Bat Bonnet, BTW.

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 29744839644_ec27e13ccd_zEnde and Owari sit together in vague dissatisfaction. by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr

Last edited by kyubi09 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed Empty Re: 10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed

Post  KiraKira Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 pm

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 30376257406_cb384f5dfa

"Oi.  I'm Tuesday, and it's my turn to be in the holiday swap.  I'm really into punk and rock music.  My favorite thing that I own is my guitar.  OK, that's my 2nd favorite thing.  My favorite thing is really this doll I swiped from Misa the DRTA.  I already stole a few things from her, actually, including her stock hair (which looks better on me), and this skull shirt she got two Christmases ago.  So maybe it's time to get my own things."

Tuesday the Edge is the most recent Dal arrival at my house.  She's a prickly little thing and loves anything punk style (i.e., zippers, metal studs, chains, skulls, black/red/silver). And what she would love most in the whole world is a cool pair of stompy boots.  She's on her stock body right now, but eventually, she's going to be on a Dal-obitsu hybrid, like the rest of the crew.  This means that she'll have chunky obitsu feet, ha ha.

Last edited by KiraKira on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:30 am; edited 5 times in total

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:04 am

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 29641708083_38865cff7d
Hi  my name is Feriha, I am more focused than other girls in our house, I like quite afternoons where i have time to read a good book about world history or politics. Although i also like to bring gossip to my sisters and watch tv shows about olden times.
Other girls here tell me fall colors look good on me. so i guess it is fitting that my theme as "vintage". looking forward to this swap Smile

Last edited by Offgenemi on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post  hugosdaughter Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:05 am

This is how Mom see's me:
10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 30046862292_fc46132a28OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by Churchill_Sasha, on Flickr

This is just one of the outfits I would like to wear:
10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 30178306565_bc3c2fb3d2Mo Dell by Churchill_Sasha, on Flickr

My name is Mo-Dell.  Mom spells it Model as that is my job.   I prefer to think of myself as a little more exotic than just the name of my job.  Why do I have a job at all - I'm a teenager.

Well my theme is - attitude-  
I see myself on the edge, soaring up above, maybe a little different.  I will not be a plain Jane
Help me realize my dream to stand out from the crowd.

P.S. This is Mom's (Hugosdaughters) first swap.  If she missed any info would you let her know.
Peace baby
Mo-Dell

Last edited by hugosdaughter on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total

hugosdaughter
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed Empty Hilarity

Post  TrueFan Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi, I'm Hilarity, TrueFan's second Ho-Ho. Right now, I'm still stock, but I won't be by the time my swap gift comes in. I will still be on my stock Dal body.
10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 30004503501_6b925d2389
Ho-Ho 8 by TrueFan, on Flickr

My theme is Tea Party, just like the theme of the 2017 Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event. So my swap gifts can be tea themed, or party themed, or tea party themed! Help me get ready to PARTY!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:19 am

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 29788200473_b84601c1c3
Hi!  I'm Twiggy or otherwise known as a Tuesday Morning special Pinocchio #2.  As you can see, I've been totally neglected.  Can you believe that after more than 3 years here, I'm still wearing my stock outfit and have the plastic on my arms? Mad   And I don't even get to wear shoes!  So I am way overdue to be in a swap.  My theme is autumn or autumn leaves/colors.  Maybe, by the time the swap goodies arrive, I'll even have a new wig to wear for the photos.

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:23 am

One more week to sign your Dal up!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:38 am

I updated mine. (See my earlier post) Owari decided it's time to have her own style.
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 am

updated!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 am

10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 29776082773_03d79468d0_z

This year Miru, my Dal Tinker Bell, will be entering as a swap participant.

Miru was redressed only once and promptly neglected after her arrival sometime in 2014 xD She loves coca-cola, cherries, comedy films and retro pop and fashion.

Her theme is retro. She is on her stock body.

Last edited by jahzteen on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 pm

I updated my post with a photo & chosen theme. How exciting!

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:38 am

Updated with my Dal and her theme.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm

updated -still time to sign up!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyNova Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 am

I can't pass up entering the most spoiled doll in this entire house in a swap, now can I? Embarassed
10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 28241977213_aa9ea28544_zLittle Witch by Haley, on Flickr
Meet Persephone, my Katoya. She's a tiny little witch who plans to grow up and rule the world and strike fear into the heart of her own father. She wants me to tell you her theme is "evil", but I promise she'll take anything generally "witch" themed. She loves lolita clothing, the colors pink and black, toys, and animals, but I wouldn't recommend sending her one of those as she can't seem to keep the darn things from dying shortly after she gets them.
EDIT to add: To whoever gets me for a partner, if you're sending any clothing items I'd prefer them to be able to cover up the tattoo on her chest as character-wise it's not supposed to be there. ^^

She's on her stock body.

Thanks! It's been years since I've been in a swap so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Last edited by DeadlyNova on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DeadlyNova
DeadlyNova
Shy
Shy

Female
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 am

Ahh Persephone the Katoya is such a pretty dal! Welcome to the swap!
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:48 pm

Welcome back to a swap, DeadlyNova!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:31 pm

"Oh! Marsian....You almost forgot!?"

I'll sign myself up then....
ADAW 2015-W41: It's cold outside

Hi everyone! I'm Tesca and I would love to participate in the Christmas swap again, last year was a lot of fun!

About me: things i love are music, specially old school punk! Hanging out with the other girls in the house, reading magazines and chatting about stuff that's just happening, you know. Oh and we have a two doggies that I just love to bits! A big white one and a cute puppy that was gifted to Clara last year, they make great friends to play with too! Ehmmm also, my favourite animal is a panda as you will see on marsians flickr.

I never was a real girly girl, but ever since Clara came to live with us and we suddenly had three kawaii loving girls it kinda grew on me. Also since Fanja (pullip fanatica) is my role model i have come to apreciate the girly stuff a bit more.

To summarize: As i am exploring this new phase of not being the tough cool chick, (even though i still am!!), my theme for this year is 'Lolita Punk'

(Originally I am a Tezca, and I am on my stock body.
Not that you need to send stuff for marsian, the forgetfull one, but if you wish to do so: please know that she has a gluten allergy and can't eat most yummy stuff )
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:47 pm

There is still time to sign up!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Last call to join! I will assign remaining partners tomorrow (tomorrow in the U.S. - 10/23, not board time).
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi, I'm TrueFan's second Cherry Sweet, Montmorency. You can call me Monty.
10th anniversary holiday swap! sign up closed 29857041873_8f576a566f
Montmorency by TrueFan, on Flickr

Unlike my stock sister, I'm tired of being sweet, so I'm a sour cherry instead. My theme is Tea Party, like Hilarity's, but I'm going for a darker look, more like Lunatic Alice than Classical Alice. Not sure what chips or wig I'll end up in.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Don't forget - I need your addresses for the swap! Please PM me.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm

swap closed - I need addresses, people!
Smile
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:39 pm

It's been a crazy week! I will confirm partners and send addresses (if I have them all...think I'm still missing one...?) this weekend.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:53 am

Swap partners and address info have been sent out!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next