The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results

5 posters

Go down

Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results Empty Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results

Post  TrueFan Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:18 pm

A big thank you and congratulations to everyone who submitted photos in all four rounds!

We’d like to send a small gift to all nine who sent four photos, so please PM your address to TrueFan. The final results will be published in a few days.

1st - Lyris
Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results 20746416030_8246ab6063_z

2nd - March
Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results Oh_my_11

3rd - Delphine
Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results 21020022645_bd2a928f62

Delicate Tip Toe – Funny! WellerMade has such a great sense of humor in her photos. The green background complements the outfits on both photo subjects nicely. A crisply focused shot, and great posing too! Delicate Tip Toe manages to convey puzzlement and dismay. Good use of the theme. (And where did you come up with the idea?)

Lyris – Excellent set up, with Lyris framed by the Taeyangs so the viewer’s attention is focused on her. The shocked expression of the Byul really comes into play nicely here. Good expression of the theme, and we appreciate that it probably took some time and effort to get the poses right and all lined up for this shot. Nicely done!

March—Poor March, and lucky animals to be getting a free meal! This is a lovely photo with a nicely lit, outdoor setting. Good use of color and props. The pink repeated throughout the scene is nicely coordinated. The posing is natural, and there is enough happening to make it interesting. Cute interpretation of the theme.

Tiger Lily—Tiger Lily looks dismayed to be confronted with all that litter spoiling nature’s beauty. While it would have been better to have doll-scale candy wrappers, it was a good idea, and the viewer can instantly tell what is making Tiger Lily say “Oh my.” Excellent interpretation of the theme for a Tiger Lily, and the doll is nicely posed.

Fannie—The angle of the shot really draws the eye to Fannie, and she looks properly amazed. The composition of the shot adds visual interest. Nice take on Oh My! The photo made us want to know more about what is going on.

Penny – Funny interpretation of the theme. Penny seems to be thinking is this a joke? He’s just kidding, right?. … But she doesn't look all that scared. A nice closeup.

Anna – Good use of light and shadow, although perhaps a little dark. It’s a little hard to figure out what she is afraid of. She looks suitably spooked -  it might have been nice if the shadow was a scary shape we could identify as being frightening. (Extra points for the PUDDLE name badge on the wall!)

Delphine—This certainly is an “Oh my!” moment for both parties involved. How embarrassing! Nice use of props, good use of the theme. The bathroom looks real, and both Delphine and the Isul appear to be surprised by the other's presence. Isul’s shoulder joint facing out the wrong way is a little distracting (and painful looking), and the position of Delphine's right hand looks awkward. This would have been an even stronger entry if those two details had been addressed.

Fata –We liked that the photo is a close-up shot of her surprised face. The cluttered background distracts, and we can’t tell what exactly is surprising her. But we really appreciate GallaGirl’s enthusiasm for Byul!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11786

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results Empty Re: Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Congratulations to everyone ^w^
Wow this is a big surprise, I didn't know that March will win second place in this round Smile
I'm very curious to see the results from my marchie and thank you for the feedback.
I will pm my address now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Chérie Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Ouch! I didn't even realize Isul's joint was reversed!!! LOL

Thank you for taking the time to look into the pictures and giving us pointers.

I learned a great deal because of your observations so thank you for organizing and judging this photo contest!

And wow I didn't expect a prize either! Thank you very much!  Surprised

Jane Chérie
Jane Chérie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 247

http://jane-cherie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyNova Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 am

I was so excited today when I checked here before work and saw that I won this round. I couldn't wait to get home so I could post a reply here!

A huge thank you from both of us! And also for the participation prize as well, I wasn't expecting that!
Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results 20507071073_7086a3fd12_n<3 by Haley, on Flickr

This has been a very fun experience and I've definitely bonded with Lyris more than I ever thought was possible, so thank you so much! <3
DeadlyNova
DeadlyNova
Shy
Shy

Female
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Congrats to the top three! Lovely pics!

Big thank you to the initiators for organizing this event! It was great fun participating and seeing everybodies creativity.
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

Oh My - 2015 fourth theme results Empty congats

Post  sarascales66 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:11 am

Congratulations to the top 3, this round was a tough one and they were all so great. Thankyou for the prize for entering 4 times too. I have really enjoyed taking part, i have made new friends and also learnt a lot regarding photography <3 Very Happy

sarascales66

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down