The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D

+6
Offgenemi
Chyntia
TrueFan
KiraKira
CornflowerBlue
Doll Angel (Janeen F)
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 Empty Re: March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D

Post  Marsian Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm

I haven't been doing any dolly things in quite some time, but i NEED to make that messenger bag! So i blocked a little time for tomorow to do a bit of crafting, yay!
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 Empty Re: March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D

Post  Doll Angel (Janeen F) Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:41 pm

I am so excited to see everyone's crafts!  I will try and work on some more soon. In the meantime, here are some more finished messenger bags
for some more design ideas  Smile

P3240302

Doll Angel (Janeen F)
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:30 am

I got a chance to make the headphones over the weekend.  Mine are kind of goofy looking, rather than realistic.
March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25478782323_eb7e7dd26a
Angel: Simon? Are you busy?

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25478780543_271b8656ef
Simon: Oh, hi Angel!  Uhm, whatcha got there?
Angel: I made you a present.
Simon: That's nice, it looks very... colorful.

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25476608774_f76771f0d7
Simon: I see, they're headphones! Thanks, sis!
Angel: And I made some for me, too.  Mine have pandas on them.
Simon: They're both very nice.

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25476607794_abe2ec8238
They be jammin'.  Very Happy

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25808515440_65ab5ef10f
The headphones

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 26081357135_12063ac495
I started with both halves of a clear plastic capsule, a pair of bottle tops, and some leftover, soft floral wire.

I couldn't find any capsules at home, so while I was at a store that had the machines, I thought I'd blow a $1.50 and get a pair.  I had exactly enough quarters for two.  So wouldn't you know it, I got a premium prize in a round clear plastic capsule, instead of the usual ones.  I got an orange one on the second try.  I didn't feel like waiting in line to get more change, so I gave up and went home.  After I had a chance to look at the clear one more closely, I decided to go with it. So that's why I ended up with the extra large goofy looking pair for the Taeyang.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3743

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:19 am

Haha -- cute! I bet not many people are disappointed to get a premium prize. Imagine having to explain to someone nearby, "no, no, I actually just want the capsule... to make headphones... for my dolls..." Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1720

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:31 am

The headphones you made look really fun. The pandas are cute, and Simon's pair is so colorful and full of little interesting things!

-----

I wanted to try the messenger bag craft, but I haven't gotten around to it.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:36 pm

What a fun idea to fill the transparent caps, and the panda headphones are adorable. Makes me think, milk carton caps might be big enough to use...

While springcleaning i found a little piece of pleather and fluffy bunny head button covers. As i hadn't tought of the bottle caps I used the bunnies for the earwarmer/headphones and experimented with the pleather for her bag.

Just a second, I can't hear you.
The Dalhouse anniversary celebration March: craft a messenger bag and headphones

Thank you Janeen for the how to's and instructions! Now I can take my books along with me in my bag and listnen to music anywhere I go!
The Dalhouse anniversary celebration March: craft a messenger bag and headphones

Last edited by Marsian on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Ha ha, Simon looks thrilled.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11784

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm

i just finished a mandatory craft project maybe I give these a try tonight! i love all of the headphones and I want to make a bag as well Smile you guys got me all excited Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Those bunny head phones are adorable.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:31 am

TrueFan wrote:Ha ha, Simon looks thrilled.
Missionary's pensive expression was perfect for this! Laughing

Marsian:  The bunny headphones are adorable!  I didn't think of putting something over the caps vs decorating them.

I want to try the messenger bag, too.  Other than a few pastel prints, I only have plain felt, so I need to do some hunting around to see what else I have scraps of that might work.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:36 am

Alliecat wrote:Haha -- cute!  I bet not many people are disappointed to get a premium prize.  Imagine having to explain to someone nearby, "no, no, I actually just want the capsule... to make headphones... for my dolls..." Laughing
That's all I could think of, any kid would love to get that when all I wanted was the capsule. It did have a cute little metal tin on a keychain with a dog painted on it.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:37 am

Offgenemi wrote:i just finished a mandatory craft project maybe I give these a try tonight! i love all of the headphones and I want to make a bag as well Smile you guys got me all excited Smile
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 am

Marsian wrote: I used the bunnies for the earwarmer/headphones

Those are adorable, Marsian. You could totally sell those on Etsy Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1720

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:13 pm

This was a very fun craft challenge. I was going through the list and I had a few items and not others . so i used a baby jar lids I have been keeping in my drawer for the last 4 years instead of the caps. I found some scrap fabric to make fuzzy insides. I measured the wire part but i think i made them a bit too big,if i make another set i will make them a bit smaller. but i told myself my pullips can borrow Shehvar's headset and maybe my Blythe can borrow hayate's Smile I didnt have time to make the bags, i will try and see if i can decide on the fabric Smile)) usually that is half of the challenge for me.
Thank you Janeen for the tutorial !

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25503362533_52d4e319abHeadphone sets for birthday girl and birthday boy Smile thank you Janeen F by goche moche, on Flickr
Hayate
March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25501224614_f27827bf82Headphone sets for birthday girl and birthday boy Smile thank you Janeen F by goche moche, on Flickr
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Charlotte is adorable with those oversized headphones.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:16 pm

It is so neat that all of our resulting headphones turned out so awesomely different though we used Janeen's tutorial.

Marsian's rabbit headphones are adorable, and Offgenemi's oversized ones look great on Dal and Taeyang.

-------------------

Got started on the messenger bags, but still trying to find suitable straps for the two I made...

Question

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 pm

TrueFan wrote:
Charlotte is adorable with those oversized headphones.
Thank you Smile even my hue an found her adorable with it Smile)

Thank you kirakira, yes it is fun to see how everybody interpreted the tutorial Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Doll Angel (Janeen F) Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:08 am

They all look amazing!! Everyone did such a wounderful job and I realy love how each one of you made it their own^^ Like ConflowerBlue's big ones turned out with all the cute balls inside, I just adore Marsian's the bunny headphones and the large ones Offgenemi are so fun!! And fitting for Taeyang and Dals large head!

I cannot tell you how happy it made me seeing all your dolls enjoy the craft! Very Happy Thank you all for everything!! But before this month ends, I have one last craft to show you... well make that 3. XD Don't worry they are really easy. I will have them up soon.

Doll Angel (Janeen F)
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:19 am

One more? Can't wait to see what this one is!

Offgenemi: Your headphones came out really cute! I agree with KiraKira, that it's interesting to see how everyone took this craft and ran with it.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks Allicat, these were my last pair of button covers, so no etsy sales soon Smile

Offgenemi, those headphones are cute!! I like how you draped the fabric over the caps.
I finaly finished milk carton nr. 2 so i will try to transform them into headphones for TJ tomorrow or this weekend.

Oh! Another project!! How exciting!
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:29 pm

Oooh, yay! Can't wait for this last craft tutorial, Janeen. These tutorials are very successful in that you're actually tempting us to try them out!

Finished two messenger bags using faux fur and pleather. I found some black ribbon to use for the bag straps.  I put metal snaps on the bags so that they can actually stay closed...Misa the DRTA seems to like her animal-print bag fine, but Ryuuhei is convinced that the messenger bag is a purse and wants nothing to do with it.

March, "fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang!" :D  - Page 2 25553133034_c539611ce7

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 pm

ha! it's a man purse, doesn't he know that?
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:15 am

Thank you cornflowerblue and Martian Smile it is more fun to work with items that are not perfect for the project Smile the fabric I used were left over from diaper changing pad project Smile) yay for keeping scrap fabric
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Doll Angel (Janeen F) Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:36 am

Hello everyone! here is the last craft of the month, electronics! Smile  

Jointed Laptop supplies:
1) Printed images
2) Paperboard (like creail boxs, I am useing an MIO box)
2) skinny sturring straws and a toothpick

First measure a rectangle on a hard sheet of paper with a length of 2 inches with of one sevenths of an inch. Draw thin rectangle in the center no thicker than the straw. Do not cut the rectangle part out!

P3300043

Next use your pattern to cut out four equal sized rectangles. You will need 4 for ever laptop yo want to make. Smile

P3300047

Then match up the rectangles most similar in size.

As you are cutting out the paoer board I then cut out the various prints. You can find lots of examples on the internet. It is fun to mod them by changing their color, placing your own art on the screen or have your own dolls on them. Be creative! Wink

P3300048

Glue two of the boards together, then pull out the straws and toothpicks.  

P3300050

Place your template over the board and put two small cuts on only the two edges of the pencil outline.

P3300063

Using the two cut lines as a base, cut them further like seen in the picture. This will give you the best result and look when opening and closing it.

P3300064

Next hot glue the straws on the extended edges and cut off the excess. When you are done slide the tooth pick through the straw and trim off the excess. Be sure to glue closed the open ends of the straw on either side to keep the toothpick form sliding out.

P3300065

Then all you have to do is paint and glue on the printables and you are all done! Very Happy

P3300068

I hope you all have enjoyed a month of fun crafts for your Dal and Taeyang! I had so much fun trying to find interesting and useful things for your dolls to have.

I hope that you all had fun makeing presents for all your handsome boys and cute dals to enjoy Wink  Happy Birthday Taeyang! Very Happy

Doll Angel (Janeen F)
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:37 am

I can't wait to try this one, too!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next