The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year

+11
The_amphibian
KiraKira
Offgenemi
Alliecat
Severity
jahzteen
CornflowerBlue
TrueFan
vertefae
dargosmydaddy
s1dthesqu1d
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year

Post  TrueFan Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 pm

there are still a few entrants missing from round 2 - but they have until midnight!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11768

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year

Post  The_amphibian Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 pm

It's the most wonderful time of the year... for Satan! He gets a lot of unwitting bored kids who try to summon him. Lots of souls to harvest and besides, he gets a little lonely in his dark lair down in Hell all alone. Happy Halloween!!

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 Img_2015

The_amphibian

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  The_amphibian Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Was there an issue yesterday with the site? I tried to get in but couldn't.

The_amphibian

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 pm

The_amphibian wrote:Was there an issue yesterday with the site? I tried to get in but couldn't.
I had the same problem. If that ever happens on a deadline day we'll extend the deadline.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  *NatTheCat* Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 am

Despite Frosty's wonky face and out-of-seasonness he was delighted to join Jill in this cozy Christmastime-related shot.
Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 43884028175_b9d8865574

I'm loving everyone else's photos! grouphug I feel a lot of people got more creative than me, and I really like how this contest is coming along! :3
*NatTheCat*
*NatTheCat*

Female
Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:47 am

updated the list of entrants for this round - there are still a few hours left to get those photos in
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  GreysPrincess Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:12 am

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 F0GenlV_d

The heat kind of ruined my plan for a candy-themed Halloween photo so nighttime shot it is!

Love everybody’s entries so far!

GreysPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  babelglyph Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 am

Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 44766786392_0ffa52874b_zThe Most Wonderful Time of the Year by babelglyph, on Flickr

Adalia loves PUDDLE because it's basically Dal Fashion Week! All her favorite dresses have come from PUDDLE, either as purchases, prizes, or gift bag items.

Also...I had a great idea for something more elaborate but then I couldn't find my stash of PUDDLE bookmarks! sob. I am sure they are somewhere safe, I just have no idea where that place is. Ah well!
babelglyph
babelglyph
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 660

http://www.babelglyph.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:37 am

Sigh... Not my best, but I have something. Please look at it enlarged or on Flickr, because it looks like the format is stretched for some reason.  confused

Lila LOVES Halloween. This year she decided to be an adorable Black Rabbit, and is working on getting her decorations ready for a night of trick or treats, and spooky fun.
The most Wonderful Time of the Year

Last edited by kyubi09 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Clicking "Enlarge this image" also gets rid of the skew.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Great job, everyone who entered challenge 2!

s1dthesqu1d - I like her pose and how realistic the photo looks
vertefae - like the use of autumnal colors
dargosmydaddy - great background and I like how comfortable she looks on a skeleton's shoulder!
jahzteen - cute use of props and setting the scene with little details like the rug under her feet
Severity - she looks like a candy cane, so cute!
Alliecat - the composition of this is lovely, and I can tell you put so much thought into all the details (including the PUDDLE souvenir, yay!)
CornflowerBlue - hilarious
Offgenemi - also hilarious, I like how you carefully positioned everything to cover her up in just the right spots
The_amphibian - she looks like the nice girl about to be attacked in a horror movie, good job
NatTheCat - cute hat and scarves, they look like they are good friends!
GreysPrincess - you've got her positioned so I feel like she is looking right at me!
babelglyph - love her selection of dresses! and the PUDDLE bags!
kyubi09 - she does look very spooky - I love the dress on her and the creative use of lace as a mask!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm

So glad that the entries keep coming. As the host for this round, I was worried that there wouldn’t have been much participation.
Here are a few more of my impressions for those few photos that got posted since the last time I checked.

The_amphibian—this is a well composed shot. The ominous presence of Satan in the foreground and the very anxious expression & pose of the Dal add to the suspenseful feeling of this photo.

*NatTheCat*—there is something appealing of the similar colors of Jill’s scarf and Frosty’s nose, mout, and scarf. I think it ties the two subjects together and highlights their friendship.

GreysPrincess—she looks all set in her Dumbo costume, ready to score a ton of candy during a trick or treating adventure!

babelglyph—this shot shows off Adalia’s love of PUDDLE as well as those dressses. I appreciate the use of color in this photo. I hope your bookmarks turn up.

kyubi09–That’s a great use of green lighting to cast an eerie feeling in your photo. The miniature jack-o-lantern is the perfect touch.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Now that I'm not fretting over my own photo, just wanted to say, what a great set of shots. Everyone should be proud of themselves. I'm DYING over The Amphibian's photo, though. Initially the photos weren't loading, and all I could see was "It's the most wonderful time of the year... for Satan!..."
Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 265225 Second challenge: It's the most wonderful time of the year - Page 2 83960 Evil or Very Mad  
Let's just say, when I could see the photos again, that one exceeded all expectations. Not gonna lie. Just a little bit jelly of the creativity in that photo. Laughing
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  The_amphibian Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:26 am

I still don't know how to reply to individual people here. But thanks kyubi09! Lol it was kind of an provocative opening line!

The_amphibian

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 am

it is a really clever and creative shot!! a bit creepy, too! i love how the little props in the room are visible through the winged skelly. someone please save the soul of the dal xD

i've had problems with the forum as well. i couldn't log in a few days ago and when i did manage to get in the photos wouldn't load.. i thought it was my sucky connection

jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  Severity Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am

I don’t know if you did it on purpose, but the Satan picture reminds me so much of Persephone and Hades!
Severity
Severity
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 174

http://Veritycouture.storenvy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:20 pm

The winner of the second round is The_amphibian! Congrats!

Once again a hard decision, says our second challenge judge.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:54 pm

So glad the favorite photo won, congratulations amphibian!
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 am

Congratulations!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1697

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:21 am

Congratulations! It was a great photo. Very Happy
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 am

Congratulations, The_amphibian!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 am

Congratulations, The_amphibian!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  The_amphibian Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Wait... I won?! Whoa!! Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it!
Although Ennui is unimpressed with me as usual. Lol!

The_amphibian

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Congratulations!!! Very Happy
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2