The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home!

+4
davidd
hugosdaughter
TrueFan
KiraKira
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! Empty April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home!

Post  KiraKira Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi all!  Hope you all are staying safe during this unprecedented time.  

I can't speak for everyone, but as much of my State has been ordered to STAY AT HOME, I am finding myself with lots of time on my hands.  Sure, I've been cleaning up and doing menial chores, but that gets old pretty fast.  Time to do something fun & creative.

Which brings us to the Dal House Monthly Challenge for April--Stay at home, Craft at home!

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49725287401_d19aae422c

I'll be posting four themes approximately 6 or 7 days apart--the themes will be announced in this opening post.  Each photo of your completed project will count as one (1) entry in the lucky drawing to be held at the end of this monthly challenge.  I once again have two prizes to give out.  And if you complete all four projects, you will earn double the entries in the drawing.

I get that some of us may feel like others are way more crafty than others.  That's totally fine, this is not a contest and no one is going to be judged on the end result of their craft project.  It's all in fun, and at least this gives you something to do other than stress yourself out over more bad news.

SPECIFICS
1) The craft items you make can be for any member of the Groove Dolls.  Dal, yes.  But also Pullip, Taeyang, Isul, Byul, minis, Ai Doll, etc.  If it's by Groove/Jun Planning, the crafted items can be for them too.

2) All materials you use for these craft challenges must be stuff you already have on hand.  Tape, toilet paper, glue, staples, twist ties, scrap paper, ribbon, cable ties, fabric, socks, straws, plastic bags, empty bottles, etc.--as long as you have it in your house, you can use it.  Please do not go out and purchase things for this challenge.  Everyone should be safe & practice social distancing.

3)  You will have the entire month of April plus the first weekend of May to work on your craft projects and post a photo here on this thread.

4) Absolute last day to post photos is May 03, 2020 anywhere in the world.  Please tell us which theme the craft project is for.

5) Each photo posted counts as an entry into the lucky drawing at the end. If you manage to complete all four craft challenges, then you get double the amount of lucky drawing entries, so 8 entries total!

6) Commenting on others' posted photos is highly encouraged!

Any questions can be PMed or posted to this thread and I'll be sure to answer as soon as I'm able.

THEMES:
#1:  April 1-6:  Kitchen Crafts.  This can be either a craft made out of supplies found in the kitchen (i.e. aluminum foil, plastic utensils, sandwich bags, etc.), or an actual craft that your dolls could use in the kitchen--perhaps a miniature food item, or a cooking prop, or...you get the idea.

#2:  April 7-12: Trash to Treasure.  You can make anything for your dolls for this theme.  The only stipulation is that you must use something that you would be tossing in the trash.  Think packages from chips, cookies, empty thread spools, used wrapping paper, junk mail, corrugated cardboard boxes...use your imagination!

#3:  April 13-18:  Holidays.  For this challenge, you are asked to craft something for your dolls that can be useful for a holiday.  Any holiday.  Big ol' mainstream ones such as Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, or Halloween.  Or maybe Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, May Day, President's Day, Groundhog Day.  Doesn't even have to be a holiday celebrated in the USA.  Just be sure to use craft supplies found in your house.

#4: April 18-26: Quarantine Wears Me Out. Final craft challenge for this month. Using any supplies you find at home, craft something for your doll to wear. It may be a hat, shoes, headband, dress, etc. Heck, even a handbag counts as a wearable.

Let’s get to crafting, peeps!

Last edited by KiraKira on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:55 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added theme)

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! Empty Re: April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home!

Post  TrueFan Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Looking forward to it!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 10509

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! Empty Re: April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home!

Post  hugosdaughter Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:43 pm

Sounds great.

hugosdaughter
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:02 am

All my dolly projects are made with household trash and the occasional DIY construction project trash. The only things I buy are the occasional can of spray paint, white and hot-melt glue, and masking tape!

I may not have much toilet paper (that xx'd out tp in the description made me LOL... until I started crying), but I have scads of the cardboard tubes from toilet paper! I can't stand to thrown those things out!

'Kay den, let's get started:

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 27624072839_b0f1aa7aca_w

davidd
davidd
Chatty
Chatty

Male
Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:43 am

Thank you for inspiring us to get started on this challenge, davidd!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:40 am

Yay! Glad to have you taking part in the challenge, davidd!

Isn't the run on toilet paper just ridiculous? I could never understand it--I thought it was a Hawaii-only thing. Every time there's a hurricane or tsunami warning, all the Hawaii peeps buy all the bottled water, rice, spam, and toilet paper. So it was very strange to see the toilet paper shortage nation- & world- wide too.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:40 am

It rained today and I finally made a thing from my kitchen! It's drying now. Photos tomorrow.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:54 am

Oh dear. I got as far as getting something out of a drawer. Just had too many other projects going on.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Alliecat wrote:Oh dear.  I got as far as getting something out of a drawer.  Just had too many other projects going on.
There is still plenty of time! I now have two more projects drying.
Shocked
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  hugosdaughter Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:01 am

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 20200410

Made a gauge swatch for a new project and then turned it into a doll dress so she could hang out with a her animal friends.

hugosdaughter
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:05 am

Nice! I see she is surrounded by friends!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  hugosdaughter Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:41 am

There are a few people that walk on my street. Not sure if they notices the window critters or not. I enjoy them - that is enough for me.

hugosdaughter
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! Empty Theme 4, Quarantine Wears Me Out

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:19 am

Theme 4, Quarantine Wears Me Out

Jentele (JouJou) models a Quarantine Couture TP roll dress.

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49819003288_79d993e185
Quarantine Couture by TrueFan, on Flickr

I also tried it with a lace collar but it seemed a little TOO oversized.
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49819002078_20111a9fd7
Quarantine Couture with collar by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:05 am

Ha! That is awesome!

dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 448

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Thank you!

Also, today is host KiraKira's birthday! Happy birthday!
Birthday
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Theme 1, Kitchen Crafts

I made this chair from two Culver's Custard cups. It turned out pretty good, I think! Here is Nutella using it.

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49821040428_2cb3f0774d
Culvers Chair being sat in by TrueFan, on Flickr

By itself.
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49821888707_464a6f671a
Culvers Chair by TrueFan, on Flickr

On display.
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49821572701_70c7e809e8
Culvers Chair on display by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Jentele poses with the Culver's Chair, which of course she cannot sit in while wearing her TP dress.
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49821907322_a9363b8b03
Culver's Chair and TP dress by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Ooh, that is a very pretty chair! I love the color-- were the cups naturally that color, or did you paint them?

I feel like such a slacker in the dolly department this month... working from home is really throwing me for a loop. I wish I had time to craft!

Happy birthday, KiraKira! Very Happy
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:12 pm

I spray painted it several colors. Here it is before painting:
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49822175653_f164714ee1
The chair before painting by TrueFan, on Flickr

I've also been trying to find time to craft, and I made time yesterday!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  hugosdaughter Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 pm

Happy Birthday Kira Kira.

hugosdaughter
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:33 am

Happy birthday Kirakira!
I made the project # 2
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49823834587_94116675ec
Recycle project for April 7-12: Trash to Treasure.  You can make anythin by goche.crafts, on Flickr
The tub is a plastic container from a microwave food and I made the base from left over foam boards and wrapping paper.
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49822984128_6b82925f45
Recycle project for April 7-12: Trash to Treasure.  You can make anythin by goche.crafts, on Flickr
April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49823834612_94c70814da
Recycle project for April 7-12: Trash to Treasure. You can make anythin by goche.crafts, on Flickr
It was great to work on a project ! Thank you for the inspiration.
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:38 am

Wow, I'm impressed. That first photo is so cute and full of little details (and I could use a soak after working in the yard today).
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:47 am

So clever!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Chatty
Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:57 am

Fun photos!  Looks like the "teddy bear hunt" has made it to WI?
True & Offgenemi, you did a lot of work there by the look of it.

I guess this is a combination of #1 and #4; Samantha has made herself some virus-fighting armor....  along with a tinfoil hat to keep the conspiracy theorists away (no, wait, that's not how it works, is it...) ...

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49823228298_50daa93602

And the minis would like a car but I don't think this will be a permanent vehicle...
#2, trash craft: TP roll, bottle caps, toothpicks, wrapping paper, packing foam.

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49824078837_d8affb2b9b

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49823757651_e0a133cdcb

April Challenge--Stay at home, Craft at home! 49823757496_4dfdfd6b67
Uh oh, looks like we have a little hot-rodder.
How did I think to make headlights but not a steering wheel??  Oh well... I'm not re-shooting these...

Hau`oli Lā Hānau, KiraKira -- hope it was a nice birthday Very Happy
Alliecat
Alliecat
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Samantha is so cute! She looks very retro sci-fi.

That little car is amazing and hilarious! Can't believe you forgot a steering wheel - I guess it only goes in a straight line.
Smile
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next