The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest!

+3
CornflowerBlue
myhappybluebird
TrueFan
7 posters

Go down

Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest! Empty Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest!

Post  TrueFan Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 pm

It's time to start thinking about the 2014 Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event online photo/art contest! Anyone can enter, even if you are not attending the event. You can enter up to two photos and two pieces of art. Multiple prizes will be awarded! The first place winner will receive one of the Oz Taeyang dolls. The talented Amarie Photography (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pullipamarie/) will judge the entries.

Each entry must reflect the theme of this year's event - RAINBOWS - in some way, subtly or obviously.

To enter, submit digital images of the entries by May 1, 2014 to TrueFan (by PM at the Dal House Forum, the PullipStyle forum, or the Dolly Market Forum, or by FM on flickr). You will receive a confirmation that your entry was received.

Complete details here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest! 12253861155_3b61371590_z
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11796

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest! Empty Re: Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest!

Post  myhappybluebird Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Is the Dal in your photo Maretti -- with a brown wig? She looks so pretty! Is that a MIO wig?

Also -- I haven't seen anyone mention a new Dal for 2014. Did they discontinue them? Sad 
myhappybluebird
myhappybluebird
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest! Empty Re: Enter the 2014 PUDDLE online photo/art contest!

Post  TrueFan Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks! That is my Maretti Hilary, remade to look like my best friend in grade school. (I have an Another Clock Rabbit who is me.) The wig is either from Monique or JPopdolls, I don't remember which. You can see more here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah, no, bite your tongue! I am also concerned that no new Dals have been announced, but I can't believe they are dropping Dal. I hope we hear news soon.

TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  myhappybluebird Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 pm

TrueFan wrote:Thanks! That is my Maretti Hilary, remade to look like my best friend in grade school. (I have an Another Clock Rabbit who is me.) The wig is either from Monique or JPopdolls, I don't remember which. You can see more here:

Ah, no, bite your tongue! I am also concerned that no new Dals have been announced, but I can't believe they are dropping Dal. I hope we hear news soon.

Tongue bitten as requested Laughing Thanks for the info!
myhappybluebird
myhappybluebird
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:43 pm

PUDDLE 2014 is approaching fast! Now that the weather has finally gotten better (sort of), it's time to enter the online photo/art contest! Anyone can enter - you do not have to attend. There will be great prizes, including a Taeyang for the first place winner, and your entry may appear in a doll magazine (the entries have been published in Doll Collector the last couple of years). Amarie Photography will judge the contest.

Complete details below. If you have any questions (about the contest or anything else PUDDLE related), please let me know!

The online Photo and Art Contest is a great way to participate in PUDDLE whether or not you can't attend in person. Anyone can enter up to two photos and two pieces of art. If we receive enough entries, at the judge's discretion categories may be created and multiple prizes awarded.

The photo and art contests are coordinated by TrueFan. Amarie Photography will choose the winners.

Entry rules and details:

All entries must be the original work of the person submitting them.

Each person can enter up to two entries in the photo category and two entries in the art category.

The subject of the photograph or artwork must be related to Pullip, Dal, Namu, Taeyang, Byul, Isul, mini Pullip/Dal, or Angel Pullip/Dal.

Each entry must be new and created or taken specifically for the PUDDLE 2014 contest. Entries can be posted elsewhere once they are entered in the contest.

You do not have to be present at PUDDLE to enter the contest.

More than one artist can be involved in the creation as long as both are credited.

The theme of this year's PUDDLE is rainbows. The theme must be represented in some way in the photo or artwork. (It can be subtle.)

Photo manipulation is allowed, but information must be included when the photo is submitted.

Please send the highest resolution photo you have, since the entries are sometimes published in print magazines.

Online entries will be posted at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and on flickr. Entries will be displayed at PUDDLE. (There will not be a contest at the event itself.) Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, reflection of the theme (rainbows), and overall artistry. By entering you give your permission for photos of your work to be posted on the website and submitted to magazines for possible publication.

To enter, submit digital images of the entries by May 1, 2014 to TrueFan by email or by PM at the Dal House Forum, the PullipStyle forum, or the Dolly Market Forum, or by FM on flickr, or by message on facebook. You will receive a confirmation that your entry was received.

Each entry must be accompanied by the real name and board name of the artist or photographer. Please include a note about the media for art; if the photo has been manipulated, also include a note about that.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Just a reminder to submit your entries for the PUDDLE online photo/art contest! You do not have to attend PUDDLE to participate.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 am

This is a tough theme. I've got about 1 idea for a photo and that's all I've been able to come up with.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3743

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:41 am

Really, you think it's a tough theme? So many people have said it should be easy, and yet I don't have many entries yet.

Rainbow outfits, rainbow candies, rainbow images....?
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Audacia Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 am

I would really love to enter, but I don't know if I could get it in by the deadline :\
Audacia
Audacia

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:46 pm

The deadline has been extended through the weekend - I hope that helps!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ByronicHeroine Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Whoo! I have been busting my but setting this all up. Thanks for the extension. I could really use it.
ByronicHeroine
ByronicHeroine
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 371

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paleangellex/

Back to top Go down

Post  Audacia Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

I may be able to get something in hopefully before then.
Audacia
Audacia

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Great!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

I have uploaded the contest entries into a flickr group:

If you entered, please check and make sure your entry is there, and let me know if not! (I received entries on a number of platforms, and I want to make sure I got them all before sending them on to be judged.) Thanks!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 am

Congratulations to the winners of our photo/art contest! The judged entries were chosen by Pixachii and Kawaii Kandy.

Grand Prize is Six Pullips of the Rainbow by Nicole
"We are honored to award 'Six Pullips of the Rainbow' the grand prize of the PUDDLE photography and art contest. This is a well-executed photo through-and-through. Posing one doll can be a challenge, yet all six of Nicole's dolls are perfectly posed with their own personalities. Every dolls' eyes are well focused, and most are staring directly at the camera. Nicole selected an adorable assortment of Pullips, and obvious care was put into staging, lighting, and shooting this photo. This photo embodies the friendships and relationships that we carefully cultivate within the Pullip and Dal community. Overall, this is an excellent representation of the diverse and colorful PUDDLE rainbow."

1st prize photography: Cornflower Blue's Rainbow Afternoon
"We award 'Rainbow Afternoon' with the first prize in photography. This photo had a completely unique take to the rainbow theme. It's a beautiful shot that showcases an older, classic Pullip in a fresh way. We loved the groovy rainbow background, and commend Cornflower Blue on both her photographic skills and her retro take on the Puddle theme."

1st prize art: Untitled by Audacia
"We award Audacia's untitled artwork the first prize in art. Audacia's artwork captures the plastic look of a Pullip, while also capturing subtle, melancholic emotion. We loved how Audacia took the rainbow theme in a more moody, yet hopeful, direction, while still capturing Pullip's essence. We enjoyed the contrast between the soft, penciled monochrome doll and the vivid rainbow charm."

The two fan favorites:

Fan Favorite Photo: The Rainbow Tastes Sweet by keely

Fan Favorite Artwork: The Rainbow Brings a Sweet Surprise by applecandy

Thank you to everyone who entered and voted! We had a fantastic assortment of entries this year. I will be submitting them to Doll Collector magazine for possible publication.

Nicole wins a Wizard of Oz Taeyang, and the other four win MIO wigs and shoes from Groove. Congratulations!

See all the entries on the PUDDLE forum.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:44 am

Congratulations, Cornflower Blue!  (And congrats to all the other winners too).
 Very Happy
KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Edith Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:45 am

congratulations to everyone  Very Happy 

CB & Audacia, extra big cheers. Your entries were outstanding. As usual, I have different tastes to the judges Razz but I think everyone can agree all entries were wonderful.
Miss Edith
Miss Edith
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1007

http://lovesbitch.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down