The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here

+15
WellerMade
nakapinata
vertefae
DeadlyNova
lh4ma
Pyrrha
sarascales66
CornflowerBlue
Chyntia
Severity
scrapsoflife
Marsian
snowy
Gallagirl
TrueFan
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Empty the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here

Post  TrueFan Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Announcing the first Byul-tiful photo contest!
Announcing the inaugural Byul-tiful

The first theme will be announced August 1. Photos will be due the last four Sundays in August (8/9, 8/16, 8/23, and 8/30) by midnight wherever you are located.

There will be a winner chosen in each round and one overall winner chosen at the end. You will not be disqualified if you miss a round. Each theme winner will be win a prize, as will the overall winner.

Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, reflection of the theme, and overall artistry.

No major photo editing allowed - this is a photography contest, not a photo editing contest. Adjusting for light, cropping, and editing out a stray hair are allowed, for example. If in doubt, please ask before submitting your photo.

Other dolls from the Groove family can be shown in any of the photos.

We are still working out prizes. If you'd like to donate something, please let TrueFan know! People donating prizes so far: scrapsoflife, kyubi09, severity, KiraKira, vertefae.

To enter, please post a photo of your doll and a brief description of her personality by midnight July 31.

If you have questions, please post them here: https://thedalhouse.forumactif.org/t3507-byul-tiful-photo-contest-discuss

Contestants:
Fata (Gallagirl) (Fata)
Alice Liddell (fishy) (Hermine)
Anna (Marsian) (Rhiannon)
Fanny (scrapsoflife) (Dumbo)
Nerissa (Severity) (Tiger Lily)
Lela (Chyntia) (LeRoy)
Dumbo (Nadine1986) (Dumbo)
March (Wolkywii) (Pollon)
Cerise (ichigo3lemon) (Siry)
Penny (sarascales66) (Pollon)
Tiger Lily (Pyrrha) (Tiger Lily)
Mina (lh4ma) (Cocotte)
Lyris (DeadlyNova) (Tiger Lily)
Marvel (vertefae) (Siry)
Lorelai (nakapinata) (Paulia)
Delicate Tip Toe (WellerMade) (Paulia)
Madison (Peachy) (Dumbo)
Minty Julep (Hina ichigo) (Princess Minty)
Lilith (kyubi09) (Lilith)
Delphine (Jane Cherie) (Cocotte)

Judge's Byuls also participating just for fun:
Euphemia (CornflowerBlue) Lilith
Shikaakwa(TrueFan) Tiger Lily

Once the contest opens, you can store your entries directly to the flickr group (with your doll's name and the challenge name in the title), or send them to me and I'll put them there.

Byul-tiful flickr group:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2873466@N21/

Flickr photo titles should be as follows: Byul-tiful - [theme name] - [doll's name]

You are also welcome to start a thread here on the Dal House Forum for your doll and her entries.

Last edited by TrueFan on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 20 times in total
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11771

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Empty Re: the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here

Post  Gallagirl Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Fataby11

My Fata loves to dance and wander~

Gallagirl
Gallagirl
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Empty Re: the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here

Post  snowy Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Meet Alice Liddell, the baby of the Literature-Shelves:

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 19428153780_273115d605_n
Byul Hermine Alice in Wonderland

Alice is best friends with Anne of Green Gables, who is very impressed with her imagination... little suspecting that her stories from Wonderland are real. She has a mini-me doll she always carries with her..  She's still kind of overwhelmed by the strange and funny things she saw in Wonderland, and doesn't talk nearly as much as Anne does- but then again, few people do. Smile

She sometimes hangs out at Baker Street, where she attempts (repeatedly) to hire Sherlock Holmes with her allowance money "to inbestagate wundrland."  He won't take her seriously, but Doctor Watson tells her great war stories and Mrs. Hudson bakes some great raspberry tarts so she comes by pretty regularly.  She lives on my literature-themed shelves. Smile

She's about 5 or 6 years old, at most- possibly younger- so the other literature characters all spoil and baby her (especially Mrs. Hudson, who dotes on her.)
snowy
snowy
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:23 pm

"Hi my name is Anna (Byul Rhiannon), I like to dress up and I collect ponies. People say I am high maintanance but I disagree, they just do not see the value of quality and making sure you get exactly what you want.

As my 'photographer' seems to be out of town alot lately I will sign myself up. I will persuade her to find some time with me on the weekends... She has neglected me for long enough now.  Besides: This is the one chance to stand in the limelight! I am made for this!

Hmm now let's see how I am going to break this to the camera girl..."

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Apron00_zps8734f221
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

Post  scrapsoflife Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:26 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Jvanderbeek-0108

Oh, gosh, a contest just for us? It's like a dream come true!!!!

I'm Fanny (Byul Dumbo), and my most favoritest thing is making stuff for my friends. I'm a little afraid of heights, so I hope none of the photos involve high places. I like pretty dresses and all things cute and cuddly, and live with my bestest friend, Kasia, and her brother Ian. Oh, and this really cute boy just moved in upstairs with his sister--maybe if I do well in this he'll notice me!!!!

Kasia (Monomono), Tessa (Tezca), T'ika (Lipoca)
scrapsoflife
scrapsoflife

Female
Number of posts : 368

http://www.scrapsoflife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Severity Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:10 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 21267px

Um, hello? I'm sorry, I'm really shy, I don't get to see new people very much! Oh! So my name is Nerissa (Byul Tiger Lily), and the first thing people probably notice about me is my arm, I mean, not this one but the one that isn't there. A lot of the time people can be kind of mean about it: I don't think they're trying to be mean! They just don't understand, that's what my mother says. Like my birth parents, they thought I was cursed when I was born and they blamed the fae folk for it. And my mother heard them saying mean things about her and about me and she left her kingdom straight through the veil to the human world, and she took baby me straight home with her and that's how I became who I am, a mortal girl living in the world of the faeries. Time passes so very differently in my mother's world, but she says I'm about eleven in human-people years, and that means I'm old enough to go to the human world sometimes. It's pretty exciting and I guess things have changed a lot since I was a baby.

Anyway I really like singing in the bath (and some people joke that I should go live under the sea with the sirens, which is NOT funny!) I like animals, especially birds, and my favorite thing to do is read poems and make calligraphy: like if the poem is about a bird you write part of the poem and make it in the shape of a bird! I'm not that good at it yet, but I'm learning.

Laughing
Severity
Severity
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 174

http://Veritycouture.storenvy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chyntia Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:20 pm

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 19983477339_9baf946aa1_n

Hi everyone! My name is Lela, and I am replacing Byul Humpty, she sadly hat to go to her new home a lot sooner!
But I am very happy to replace her as Chyntia 'misplaced' me....huhu... Wink
And now it is my time to shine!

I love history and I'm very fond of animals and camping!

goodluck everyone! Smile

Last edited by Chyntia on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chyntia
Chyntia
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

I'm entering a non-competing contestant, since I volunteered to be a judge. I'm leaning towards Lilith.  But I can change to someone else so I'm not duplicating one of the competing Byuls if someone else wants to enter a Lilith.

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 6295558805_f1088b6a79_z
Euphemia is creepy, a vampire, and she doesn't worry about what others think of her.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chyntia Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:45 am

I would like to enter for Nadine, she is on this forum as well as on DM forum. But she is on holiday at the moment and wont be back untill the 9th! She will miss the first entry but she really wants to join!
She will be joining with her Byul Dumbo! Smile And update this post herself when she returns from holiday! ^_^

Sorry for the horrible photo, but it's the only one I have from her dolly!

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 20115037321_0c1c16e0f4_z
Chyntia
Chyntia
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Empty The inaugural byul-tiful -register your byul here

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 pm

I hope I do this good Very Happy I'm not so good with forums so..
I really want to join with my Byul Pollon named March.

----
Hello Everyone my name is March, i'm a little bit shy but I love to make new friends.
My favourite animals are bunnys I love them so much<3 There so fluffy and cute and you want to hug them, uhm thats what I want to do if I see them ^^
I'm 13 years old, and I like to go on an adventure with Kanaria(dal) and ofcourse with the new girl in the house Kirlia(dal) my favourite colors are pastel,and I love to draw. I hope I write many good things about me, I can not wait to join this contest Cool
the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here <a href=the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Marchm10" />

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 20112460442_7f9d277da4

I am entering Cerise (Byul Siry). She loves bright colors, spicy foods and cute dresses. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarascales66 Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi, my name is Sara and this is my entry for the Byul - tiful contest   This is my first but definately not my last doll with in this range, love her to bits.  

byul crochet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyrrha Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 pm

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Byul-tiger-lily

This is Tiger Lily.  She's the only Byul I have (apart from a couple of Little Byul+, but I don't think I want to try using those for a competition!), so it has to be her, even though there's already a Tiger Lily in the running.  Sorry for the overlap.

She's perpetually confused; Peter Pan stands right beside her all day long with three Tinkerbells.  The Dal Tinkerbell is no longer Tinkerbell, having discarded her wings and fairy dress for normal garb, but there's also two tiny Tinkerbells, one an Angel Pullip and the other a mini-Blythe.  Great for Pan, but confusing for Tiger Lily.

Pyrrha

Female
Number of posts : 21

https://crazydolllady.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lh4ma Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:26 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Forum12

"Hm... Hi? I... I'm... My name is Mina. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
I am a little shy... And... I'd like to enter the contest.
I really like colorful and cute things... And I like candy... (〃・ω・〃)"

She is a girl of few words! haha Mina is a Byul Cocotte I bought naked and used last month. She is my first byul and I'm in love!  Smile
lh4ma
lh4ma

Female
Number of posts : 8

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marilhama/

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyNova Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:47 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 19971892398_f54bb25895_zByul-tiful by Haley, on Flickr

I'm entering my Tiger Lily, Lyris!

Lyris is a spunky and girly little girl who loves dresses, skirts, and the color pink! She would never dream of even being caught in a pair of pants! She loves sweets and spending time with her cousin, Erasmus, who is more like a big brother to her.

(Sorry for entering Tiger Lily when other people already have, I've been planning on entering her since the day this was announced but I was waiting on her new eyes, and she's my only Byul! ^^)
DeadlyNova
DeadlyNova
Shy
Shy

Female
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  vertefae Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 20161957292_e8e2586dbb

"Excuse me? Is this thing working?" *taps screen* "Ahem, my name is Marvel. I've only been here about a week and the human has only unwrapped me and stuck me on a large soft surface. I haven't even tried on any clothes yet! In fact, I had to figure out the camera myself for this awful selfie. I adore all things super hero. I'm a bit of a tomboy but I sure don't like pants! Although some underpants might be nice, it's kinda chilly in here."

*please excuse my rushed entry, I haven't had a chance to work with Marvel (Siry) properly yet*
vertefae
vertefae
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 646

http://www.etsy.com/shop/toadstooltor

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Updated the first post with our 14 lovely entrants so far! Don't worry if you are entering a model already entered - I'm glad we have so many dolls entered that we have more than one of some models.

I have and will be updating the first post in the thread with information, so be sure to take another look at it. Thanks.

First theme announced tomorrow!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  nakapinata Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:56 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Img_1113

Hi, this is Lorelai and...

- Let me say it! Let Lorelai talk by herself!

Ok, relax girl, Go on.

- I'm the Great Lorelai, king of ponies and unicorns and...

King? Shouldn't you be a queen?

- I'm what I wanna be mom, come on! ; A ;

Alright, great king, proceed.

- I like sweet pop corn and bubblegum! YAY!

That's all?

- Yeah, that's enough. o3o

So, this is Lorelai (byul Paulia) and as you can see, she's kinda nuts. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by nakapinata on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
nakapinata
nakapinata

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  WellerMade Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:59 am

I thought I just didn't have time, but how can I miss a Byul event?! Now if I can just upload a pic from my iPad. Here's Delicate Tip Toe, a Paulia. My fav.

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here Image11
WellerMade
WellerMade
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post  Peachy Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:23 am

Hi there!

Sorry, I'm new to posting pictures and I'm trying to set up a flickr account. I would like to enter Madison my Byul Dumbo so I hope I'm not too late to enter! :0

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 219no0j

Madison is a shy 8 year old girl. She likes to spend most of her time in her attic and living room reading and drawing with the Dust Bunnies that live there.

Last edited by Peachy on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding photo)
Peachy
Peachy

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  klein Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:27 am

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 19564907254_ffc1965fe6
I'd like to enter my Princess Minty, Minty Julep!
klein
klein
Regular
Regular

Female
Number of posts : 91

http://www.pullipsandjunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 am

11:31 PM!!  I've been debating if I'd have time or not, and I still don't know if I will, but I'll go with it anyway.  Today ended up being exceptionally busy though, so I didn't have time to bring out my girl for a quick photo. *Ack! and apparently my computer and/or Flickr has EATEN my only other photo of her.*  Photo... added!

the inaugural Byul-tiful - register your Byul here 20025858199_9ac594bf82_zLilith can be kawaii too! by Kathryn Dodd, on Flickr
"Oh!  I am surprised to see you there."

Entry:  Lilith

Lilith is a 600 year old vampire in a babyfaced, 13 year old body. That eternally young face (and her fascination with cute and girly things) makes her the butt of some cruel jokes from her older family members. So despite being a vampire she tries not to be too unkind to others, even if they make her a bit hungry at times.  She says, 'while sometimes she might look a little odd, at least she doesn't need to bathe in the blood of innocents to keep up her complexion like some girls *cough* Elisabeth! *cough* do.'

Surprised Shocked Surprised

Last edited by kyubi09 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Chérie Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:37 am

I would like to enter too! I just received my Byul Cocotte yesterday and I was at work the whole day today so I didn't even get to unbox and take pictures yet!

I will post a photo as soon as possible tomorrow!

Her name is Delphine.  Her favorite colors are purple and pink. She likes cats. She is shy with people and feels more comfortable with cats. Her hobby is to play the piano and to draw. She is a romantic. .  

Delphine (Jane Cherie) (Byul Cocotte)
Jane Chérie
Jane Chérie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 247

http://jane-cherie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:41 am

Thank you to all our fabulous contestants for registering! The first theme is BEAUTIFUL - details here:
https://thedalhouse.forumactif.org/t3538-beautiful-2015-first-theme
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:30 am

Don't forget - submissions for the first theme due Sunday by midnight!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next