The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

+6
TrueFan
KiraKira
dargosmydaddy
CornflowerBlue
Offgenemi
Alliecat
10 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

Post  CornflowerBlue Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:48 am

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29265182912_68598d53c1_z
I hope you all are ready because it's time for the Dal House Forum's 10th Anniversary September Event, a Scavenger Hunt!  

On Wednesday and Sunday evenings this month, I will post a new challenge.  You will have all month until midnight (as long as it's midnight some place) on September 30th to complete them.  

***I'll be extending the end of the contest to Sunday, October 9.  I'm going to be busy ***and probably won't have a chance to draw winners until then.  So you'll have an extra ***week to finish any of the challenges you haven't gotten to yet.

For each challenge you complete, you will receive 1 ticket for a drawing at the end of the month.  You may complete as many of the challenges as you feel like doing.  The first ticket drawn will get first choice of the prizes, second ticket drawn the second choice and the third ticket what's left.  There will be 2 outfits made by me, and I haven't decided on the third prize yet, but I'll post photos once I get that all together.  There may be some additional surprises along the way, too.
Prize Options:
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29738417823_f840b27cac_z
Dress #1 (Pink Jam),  Dress #2 (Cream & Blue Birds),  or Dress #3 (Pumpkins)

Re-ment Little Twin Stars Dream Room
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 30341200666_ba315d64df
Set #1, #2 or #7 - The sets have been removed from the original boxes, but the pieces are still sealed in plastic.

Tuesday Morning Special Little Dal Rot-chan
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 30341034176_b1bf7c608a_z

To submit your entry for each challenge, you will need to post a photo here that answers the challenge.  But this is not a photo contest, so don't be too concerned about how great your photo does or does not turn out.  You will need to include your Dal in the photos, but you don't have to use the same one each time and your Dal can be a mini or full size one.  I'm the judge and I will decide if you have met the requirements for each challenge and earned your ticket.  

Did I forget anything?  First challenge coming soon!

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:35 am; edited 6 times in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3743

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #1: Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign

Post  CornflowerBlue Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:19 am

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29148503210_ccf4114a84

For this first challenge, you will need to take a photo of your Dal next to a sign that includes her or his name.  Please include Challenge #1 so I can find it easily.

1. The name can be the name you gave your Dal or your Dal's release, like Princess Small Lady Moon.  If you choose to do the release, it does have to be your specific Dal's release, not just any Dal release.  

2. The sign can be a physical sign out in the real world, such as in the window of a store or business of some kind.  Or the sign can be in the form of an advertisement you find in a newspaper, magazine, or on a website.  The name should be prominent, not be just a line in an article or story or in the fine print.  

3. You may not use any Groove related site or site selling or discussing Dals.  You must find it some place not Dal related.  

Any questions?  Ask away.  Otherwise, have fun with it!"

Challenge #1 Completed by:
KiraKira - Tuesday/Edge
Alliecat - Penny/Pisces
Offgenemi - Kitty
Mina Mimosa - Charlotte
kyubi09 - Angry
dargosmydaddy - Harper

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:01 am; edited 7 times in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Re: September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

Post  TrueFan Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm

This sounds like fun!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11796

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Re: September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners!

Post  Alliecat Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 am

"4. You are not allowed to change your doll's name to match a sign" ??? Laughing

I've got a blank already. But it sounds fun.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1731

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 am

I sent my only nameless girl away already Wink since all the dal names happens to be Turkish this might be tough but challenge accepted !
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 am

Alliecat wrote:"4.  You are not allowed to change your doll's name to match a sign" ??? Laughing
I've got a blank already.  But it sounds fun.

Ha, ha!  I probably wouldn't know if you changed her name or not.  Unless it's one that has had a lot of photos and postings done about her here or on DM.

You do have all month to find one.  I also included the option to use her release, so in the case of the girl in your avatar, you could look for a sign with Charlotte in it.

I'm shooting for 10 challenges, so there will be plenty more to enter, too.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #1

Post  KiraKira Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:57 am

Challenge #1
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29376768036_c23b303c08_zTuesday the Edge @Shear Edge Salon

The only sign of that business was that hanging one. I was hoping for a window or door sign, but there wasn't one. So technically, Tuesday the Edge isn't "next" to the sign. I could also try to take her to Ruby Tuesday if this photo doesn't count.
Laughing

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:30 am

KiraKira pulls out in front with the first challenge photo!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:55 am

Definitely counts, KiraKira!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Well, nuts. Today at a yard sale I saw a plaque for Aquarius horoscope. I went "Oh, hey! I have an Aqu-- Oh, wait, she's not a Dal...." Laughing
Cheers to KiraKira for the first entry!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #2: Is that a pinecone on your head or are you just happy to see me?

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 am

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 28867777303_a732ced08d

For this challenge, you and your Dal will need to find 3 different items that come from the outdoors and make a hat, fascinator, or hair ornament out of them.  Then put it on your Dal's head and take a photo of her wearing it.  Please include Challenge #2 with your post so I can find it easily.

1. The items should be 3 different kinds of things.  You may use different parts of a plant, but 3 different types of flowers or 3 different types of leaves won't count.  But a leaf, a flower, and a seed pod will.    

2. You may use glue, wire, string, a ribbon, or whatever you need to assemble it and fasten it on your Dal's head.  

3. You may embellish it if you like, but it's not necessary to complete this challenge.

Challenge #2 Completed by:
KiraKira - Tekka-Maki
Offgenemi - Feriha
Alliecat - Janice
TrueFan - Manioc
Mina Mimosa - Liloü & assistant Mochi
kyubi09 - Edge

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:59 am; edited 10 times in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #2

Post  KiraKira Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:25 am

Challenge #2

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29199640450_88809934f3_z

Here's Tekka-Maki with her nature headpiece. Used a dried leaf for the base and then attached a few things to it with hot glue.  Let's see....there's a few flowers, grasses or weeds, seed pods, feathers and a pebble.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 am

Wow, KiraKira, you even beat me to posting a photo for the 2nd Challenge! Very Happy

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 pm

That is a gorgeous headpiece! It looks like something you'd see on a bride at a wedding.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #1

Post  Alliecat Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:06 am

Oooo, love plumeria flowers....  Stay tuned for flower headpieces in KiraKira's shop...!

Challenge #1

Well yay, I found one!  Not too many signs read Janice, Pisces, or Penny!  This was my first thought for a sign, but since Canada discontinued the penny, I didn't think there were any cans with such labels anymore.  But the Dollar Store still has theirs; yay!   I think they were amused, but when I explained how the scavenger hunt worked, DollarStoreGuy said, "Oh, that doesn't sound like fun at all."  I was like, "???????"  Dude, what's your idea of fun?!
I've actually never done a photo scavenger hunt before, and when you unexpectedly find what you were looking for, it's great.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29402403072_2d54292625
Take a penny... just not mine!

This was what I was on the way to do when I went in the Dollar Store.  Since it's not technically a "sign", I wasn't sure it would count.  But, here 'tis anyway, and we'll call it a "two-for-one" challenge.

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29511013265_96cf4ef78c

Last edited by Alliecat on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:16 am

Hooray for another entry!  Extras are fine, but it will only count as 1 per challenge.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:03 am

CornflowerBlue wrote:Hooray for another entry!  Extras are fine, but it will only count as 1 per challenge.
I know.  Just thought it would be fun to go and do that shot anyway. Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #3: Hugs and Kisses

Post  CornflowerBlue Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:07 am

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29532717825_04c54d7ed4
Ever Lee (Isul Mori Motonari) was more than happy to provide an example for this challenge, but Elliot (Edge) wasn't cooperating.

For this challenge, your Dal will need to hug and/or kiss someone who isn't expecting it.  Take a photo of them doing the deed.  No limit on who the object of their sudden affection can be.  That's it.

Challenge #3 Completed by:
KiraKira - Moe
Alliecat - Janice
Offgenemi - Şehvare & Hikmet
dargosmydaddy - Harper
Helianthus - Tina
Mina Mimosa - little Lolita
LuAlice - LuAlice

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:40 am; edited 10 times in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am

I am on my phone so I can't post the appropriate link . I will replace it when I have my laptop.
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29481571652_9da5900009For dal house forum challenge Smile by goche moche, on Flickr
Feriha is sporting a hair and made of pine needles, a spiky pod and a pair of acorns
Still working on the other challenges Wink

Last edited by Offgenemi on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:58 am

Another new contestant! Very Happy

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty challenge #3

Post  KiraKira Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 am

Yay for more scavenger hunt photos!  

I like Feriha's hair accessory--love the spikes!

And I'm glad that you were able to find a sign that mentioned "Penny", Alliecat!

----------

I am planning on answering challenge 3--just have to figure out which Dal and who/what her object of surprise affection will be...brb

-----------
ETA
Challenge #3

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 28992398393_d55718fd78

Moe loves the stikbots, but the feeling isn't mutual. Here they are trying to escape the group hug.

Last edited by KiraKira on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adde photo)

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:27 am

Ha, ha! Poor Stikbots!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! Empty Challenge #4: You Bug Me!

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:31 am

September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 28998850023_6bfa53f2ae

Find a bug or insect of any sort, real or fake, living or dead, and take a photo of your Dal doing something with it.

Challenge #4 Completed by:
KiraKira - Tuesday
Alliecat - Penny & Janice
dargosmydaddy - Addalee
kyubi09 - Tezca
TrueFan - Manioc
Offgenemi - Şehvar
Mina Mimosa - ? & spider friend

Last edited by CornflowerBlue on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:18 am; edited 7 times in total

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:37 pm

challenge number one was tough for me since all my dals have turkish names. but luckily the little ones have sensible stock name or actual name. well to cut long story short kitty found something
September: Scavenger Hunt - Congrats to the Winners! 29006391273_eabab1bfcbThe dal house scavenger hunt #1 by goche moche, on Flickr
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:11 am

Aw, she's so cute!  And another entry for the first challenge.

There will be an extra challenge this week, in order to squeeze 10 in by the end of the month. So I'll be posting a new one tomorrow, instead of Wednesday. And the next one on Friday, instead of Wednesday.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next