The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign

+8
kyubi09
Marsian
Severity
KiraKira
The_amphibian
s1dthesqu1d
Offgenemi
jahzteen
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign - Page 2 Empty Re: Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign

Post  Offgenemi Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Dragosmydaddy, this is a beautiful photo! It reminds me of old mtv videos , so cool.

Alliecat, wow you had to boil your materials! That is dedication! It really looks like an under water scene Smile it was worthwhile Smile

Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female
Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign - Page 2 Empty Re: Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign

Post  kyubi09 Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:40 am

I'm DONE! On the road, no sew Project Runway achievement unlocked.  Lila  didn't know anything about star signs, but she did say that a Chinese Restaurant placemat once told her she was a Sheep.  So with that in mind, we went for a stylish sheep inspired look.

Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign - Page 2 31751091208_5abca41049
Dalicious - Project Runway Star Sign. by Kyubi09, on Flickr

Lila: The secret to high style for a sheep is good shearing, and adding some accents like these flowers.  Of course, I am a black sheep.

Everything but the shoes was made in the past 2 days, btw. The power of rapid dry glue is amazing.
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:50 am

Wow, that is very impressive on-the-fly costuming!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:17 am

Kyubi I love the color combination you choose and how she established her sign Smile she is a Capricorn and she is looking strong and elegant , exactly as a typical Capricorn Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 am

kyuubi, that's an amazing costume!
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 am

kyubi09, that is quite an achievement! I love seeing people rise to the challenge!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11794

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  s1dthesqu1d Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Today is the last day for entries right? I've lost track of time because I've been working so much Mad Anyway, Tweety's sign is Aries, the Ram. So, I used recycled materials to make her horns. I'm not super proud of this photo, but I figured I'd still enter this round.

Dalicious Round 6: Star Sign (Project Runway)
s1dthesqu1d
s1dthesqu1d

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Yes, the end of the day today! She looks very sassy!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 am

Love the horns!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:10 am

kyubi09: I love your use of color and the whole look came out wonderful! I would never have guessed you put this together while traveling.

s1dthesqu1d: Cute horns!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3743

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  Severity Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 am

I thought I missed the deadline! Looks like I got 2 hours, watch this space!
Severity
Severity
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 174

http://Veritycouture.storenvy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The_amphibian Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 am

Sagittarius is an independent, strong-willed and longs for adventure. That's why Ennui is often bored. She needs more excitement in her world.
She's told to be meek while she has Diana in her soul.
Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign - Page 2 Img_2021

The_amphibian

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:53 am

Wow! I love all of these star-sign outfits and photos! You all are so creative and should be really proud of yourselves!
Very Happy

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:26 am

Severity wrote:I thought I missed the deadline! Looks like I got 2 hours, watch this space!
You still have time! Really, as long as you get it in before the judging.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:27 am

Oh, Ennui gets a new outfit! Love her pose!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Severity Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:40 am

Cymbelline, in Libra: “Justice is a Woman”

Sixth Challenge - 10/21-10/30 - Project Runway: Star sign - Page 2 13-A45397-93-F4-470-C-8880-AF6-A3-E9-BA68-B

This is the outtake from the photos, but I liked it the best. Nothing about this was working how I wanted!

The full quote is, of course, “Justice is a woman with a sword” but I couldn’t make the sword happen. So here is lady Justice, ripping off her blindfold, dropping her sword and scales, and staring straight into the future.
Severity
Severity
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Tweety looks really amazing!!! The horns are great. Really love the entries with horns, they all look so shiny and well-made. I wish I had thought of them, too Laughing

Ennui's Sagittarius sign is beautiful, I love the bow, the dress and the backdrop of the moon.

And Cymbelline's monochrome photo is so special! I love the Libra sign sewn on her little dress, and the concept of "Justice is a Woman" in general.
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm

OOOOOH!!!! I absolutely LOVE them all, so much creativity!!
This is going to be a hard one to judge, please excuse me to take a little time to give the scores, but I promise to post Sunday at the latest with all my feedback compliments!

Thanks everyone for participating!!!
Very Happy
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 323

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:28 pm

I love your entry, Severity, I think it just works!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Severity Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you!
Sewing that Libra sign took like 3 hours, haha. Embroidery is my worst craft skill. I snuck out of an embroidery class once because a teacher made me cry!
Severity
Severity
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 pm

You embroidered the libra sign! Wow that is dedication. Everyone was dedicated to this project! I love both photos you took severity , I would not be able to choose.

Amphibian, the Sagittarius photo looks perfect for her. Elegant and strong!
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm

I know nothing about starsigns and what characteristics are matched to a sign, so please forgive me when I say something silly.

jahzteen
The bluetones, water elements together with the the shells make it obvious we are looking at an aquarius. I like how the dress suggests being the same gradient as het hair. I imagine an Aquarius to be flowy and dreamy, like the way Ronjwen gazes in the camera.

TrueFan
Very clever outfit, can't be missed that she is Scorpio. The setting matches the outfit very well, I can imagine a student wearing something similar for a play. Clemency looks a bit nervous for entering the stage, I guess she has a big role to play!

Offgenemi
Guu looks like a fierce Ram in this shot! I love how she blends into her environment like a mountain goat, but still pops out with her turquoise accents.

dargosmydaddy
Zadie looks very spiritual flowing through the sky, looking like an explanaition of the starsign shape. I like how the Ram horns sparkle like the little stars, it pulls the outfit nicely together.

Alliecat
The crab pieces were the giveaway that Samantha is representing starsign Cancer. The backdrop with the sealife and shells make a beautifull underwater world setting where I am sure Samantha feels comfortable, being a Cancer.  

kyubi09
Nice to see Lila decided to represent a non-western sign. She is definetly the cutest little Goth (is she a goth?) sheep I have ever seen, not to forget also stylish!

s1dthesqu1d
A stylish little Ram! The horns are a nice contrast with Tweety's hair. The combination of the horns with het starry dress and necklace clearly state she is expressing a starsign: Ram.

The_amphibian
The bow and arrow are the clear give-away that Ennui is a Sagitarrius. She looks so focussed, I am wondering what she is pointing her arrow at!

Severity
Cymballine's choice to express Libra through lady justice teaches me not only that justice is a woman, but also that justice is not black and white, but many shades in between.

Thank you everyone for participating, it was amazing to see all the different ways the starsigns have come to life!!
Very Happy

The prize is still in the making: A onsie/kigurumi in the winners doll starsign...

edit: obvious typo's
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  kyubi09 Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 am

Marsian
Lila informs me that she is a black sheep from a family of black sheep, but she also has great style, so I'm gonna go with, Yes, she is a goth. :-D
kyubi09
kyubi09
Chatty
Chatty

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  Marsian Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Winners have been posted in the winners thread
Marsian
Marsian
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Offgenemi Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Congratulations Truefan! Severity and Jahzteen congratulations to you as well. I loved all of your photos! True fan’s Scorpio was so clever , glad she won Smile
Offgenemi
Offgenemi
Always here
Always here

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next