The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20

+2
KiraKira
dargosmydaddy
6 posters

Go down

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 Empty Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 74677386_eb2d3281ce80d6023337ea8417985209_standard

Welcome to the Violet/ Purple round of the challenge! Something in your photo should be some shade of purple, and you have until midnight on September 20 to post your picture to the thread.

Minor photo editing is fine; but please, no major photoshop! Photos will be judged based on creativity, composition, and use of the color purple.

Dallis is showing off the prizes for the winner of this round-- a dress made by me, and socks from Hello Cool Cat.
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 Empty Re: Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20

Post  KiraKira Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 am

Dallis actually looks like she's smiling in the photo!

The dress & socks is very pretty. I need to think up my violet entry.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 2059

Back to top Go down

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 Empty Re: Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20

Post  dargosmydaddy Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:03 am

Dallis actually looks like she's smiling in the photo!

Sailor Chibi Moon is one of the less frowny Dals, for sure!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:56 pm

applecandy's entry
Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50345349066_71477896df
applecandy violet by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11807

http://www.puddlestyle.com

KiraKira likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 am

Here's my purple entry...

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50350207042_c98dc09fec

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 pm

KiraKira: hilarious!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:21 am

"Take me to your leader."
Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50353110178_f4dffbb0af
Take Me To Your Leader by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:10 am

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50361969452_a62f9310dc

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female
Number of posts : 3743

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 am

I see TrueFan is also making use of PUDDLE goodies in the form of the robot and alien hat. Very cute!

Applecandy has a very interesting looking plant in her photo. I know I've seen it before but I don't know what it is.

With all that purple hair, who needs clothing? Very Happy

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:13 am

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50362218646_6058e536f3
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1740

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Dallis and I are loving all the purple-y splendor that's been posted so far! Still half a day left to get entries in!

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 74959904_71411f6edda0076a8318714ea5fe2271_standard
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:59 pm

CornflowerBlue wrote:
Applecandy has a very interesting looking plant in her photo.  I know I've seen it before but I don't know what it is.
All I know is that she was at the seaside!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 Empty Better Late than... nah, we're late! Sorry!

Post  davidd Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 am

Does ULTRA VIOLET count as VIOLET?

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 Dal_purple

Yeah, Lipoca is late this round, the little slacker, so this is more of an honorary (or is that ornery) appearance than a competitive entry.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

KiraKira likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:14 am

ha, I love it!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:41 am

TrueFan wrote:ha, I love it!

I found my UV flashlight! I gotta use this thing more often, it's cool! Laughing
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Woot! Thanks for all the awesome purple entries! Purple is my favorite color, so I had fun judging this round.

applecandy~ Great nature shot! I love the slightly other-worldly look of the flowers, and how well they go with Siggie’s hair.

KiraKira~ This one was full of my favorite shade of pure purply purple! I’m very impressed with Shae’s ability to stay on that unicorn. This looks like it could be the cover of a very interesting fantasy novel!

TrueFan~ The combination of purple and gray/ silver is awesome! I love your rocky background, and Skirr’s little props are adorable!

CornflowerBlue~ So lovely and whimsical! Benny looks like a little fairy in the garden. I love her outfit, little birdy friend, and all those beautiful flowers.

Alliecat~ So much purple! I love the adoring gaze Rosa is giving Samantha as she sniffs her flowers (and how Samantha, in typical Dal fashion, is kind of ignoring her). And that background fabric is gorgeous!

davidd~ Such an awesome and atmospheric shot! I love how the red and blue balance out to create some violet tones. (And after Lipoca did the Oompa Loompa dance in the Orange thread, I have to say her purple hue in this pic is giving me Violet Beauregarde vibes!)

So to pick a winner, I came up with this whole numeric formula (and I'm really not a math person...) with points awarded for creativity, composition, and overall use of purple. I actually ended up with a tie between KiraKira and CornflowerBlue, but I'm going to go with KiraKira as the winner since she had more purple points. Congratulations, KiraKira! Please PM me with your address, and I will get the dress and socks mailed... soon-ish?
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:09 am

Surprised

Holy Moly--this was unexpected, but thank you, thank you, thank you! It may not look it, but setting up that photo was hard. I wanted to make sure all Shae's bits were covered. And then she kept falling off the unicorn. It was very frustrating. Simple to plan out the photo in my head, but reality turned out to be a different matter entirely.

Thanks so much. It has been a crap week, so finding out is such a nice surprise.

Smile

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:36 am

Congrats again! I often say 90% of doll photography is staging, so I can imagine the 'fun' you had setting up.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:11 am

Congratulations, KiraKira! Your photo was seemingly simple, but apparently not the execution of it. Its surprising how hard it is to get Dals to sit on things. I've found taping or wiring a doll in place is often easier than trying to get them to balance on something. All that matters is that it doesn't show in the photo.

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Cute and clever pic, KiraKira! Nicely done!

And yes, the strategic draping of the hair was quite impressive!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  KiraKira Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 pm

Hello.  I thought I should post here with the pretty prize that dargosmydaddy sent months ago.  I only got around to opening it now.  What happened was, I guess when I received it in the mail, I had put the envelope in my "to do" basket.  Then it kinda got buried under a lot of random stuff I needed to deal with.  Anyway, I'm sorry for how late this is.  The dress and socks are so cute.  Thanks, dargosmydaddy.  I really appreciate it.

Challenge Six~ Violet/ Purple~Deadline Sept. 20 50691538268_3acdf57e40

Shae loves the pretty dress.  She honestly does prefer wearing clothing to hiding behind all her hair.

KiraKira
KiraKira
Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:19 am

Cute dress and she looks lovely in it! And there is another dino!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CornflowerBlue Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:32 am

Very cute and it goes well with her hair!

Dal collector
Dal collector

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:04 am

Those little dinos are really cute.
Shae's new outfit is a perfect colour match for her.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 am

Yay! Glad it got there OK. Shae looks lovely!
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down