The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventures of Sunsette! (Nova Scotia again, May 8)

+2
davidd
Alliecat
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Adventures of Sunsette!  (Nova Scotia again, May 8) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Adventures of Sunsette! (Nova Scotia again, May 8)

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:30 am

I don't mind flying. What gets me is at the end when everyone stands up before they are allowed to get off the plane, then I get a bit claustrophobic. I don't know how I would handle the massive American airports though. London felt big enough. Still Dallas sounds like an ordeal!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Sunsette!  (Nova Scotia again, May 8) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Adventures of Sunsette! (Nova Scotia again, May 8)

Post  Alliecat Tue May 07, 2024 6:37 am

CatDragonStorm wrote: What gets me is at the end when everyone stands up before they are allowed to get off the plane,
Haha, this.  Everyone wants OFF NOW.  What gets ME is the stupid way they load -- "priority" people at the front and those who didn't buy the very cheapest tickets go first, and then the aisle is full of people stowing bags while more are trying to get on aft of them.  I gather that in some countries/airlines they board logically, from back to front.  In Hawaii I was struck by the calm of debarking on the inter-island flights.  People got off row by row, front to back, while there was nice music on the PA system.  (Can't recall but they might've even boarded that way?)

"We're on an adventure!!
"Again!!!
"Mum's doing another recon in Nova Scotia, and since she says that like Mark Hogancamp she never goes anywhere without her backup -- here we are!  Scarlett and I still have a few photos from Texas to share but since Mum hasn't got around to sorting them yet ahem, we'll jump ahead for now."

The Adventures of Sunsette!  (Nova Scotia again, May 8) - Page 3 53704424203_95c6e4dc20_z
"Millions of shorebirds migrate through the upper Bay of Fundy and this set of sandpipers was carved by a chainsaw artist to commemorate them.  Also, it's always very windy up here."

The Adventures of Sunsette!  (Nova Scotia again, May 8) - Page 3 53704212086_4639dfd2b1_z
"Every time we visit Nova Scotia it turns into the BFE Dirt Road Tour... and we did it again.  Mum says realtors should be fired for crowing about the wonderful potential of clearcut wasteland lots that you need a tank to get to.  Also, we'd like to know where in the heck the notoriously high taxes of Nova Scotia actually GO, cos they sure don't go into road infrastructure."
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu May 09, 2024 7:26 am

The Adventures of Sunsette!  (Nova Scotia again, May 8) - Page 3 53708801838_97713971f0_z
"Here we are again...
"Mum thinks this trip may be a bust.  The lot we came to look at has some big pluses, and is near a great beach with beautiful sand, but the back-40 woods are impenetrable and we want woodland we can roam in.  Also Mum didn't like the proximity, or the look, of the neighbouring houses.  From ex-perience, sigh.  Anyway, we had a cold walk around this rocky headland too."
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 pm

Oooh, are you looking to buy some property up there? That's so exciting! I'm sorry the trip was a bust, but the water looks lovely!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 154

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat May 11, 2024 7:37 pm

It looks like you guys are having quite an adventure. I like the picture with the carved seabirds best. Hope your car coped with all the dirt roads.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3