The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

5 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  davidd Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:27 am

Eight bucks? I'd be tempted to pick one up for that price.

Local stores had entire endcaps full of this doll. They were marketed pretty heavily.

What does it mean that the Kylie Bratz didn't sell well? Was it overproduced? Are Bratz not as popular as MGAE hoped? Is Kylie's supernova of superstardom beginning to fade? At age 26, is she "ageing out" of the demographic that made her popular?

Or was Kylie + Bratz just not a good mix? Kylie is pretty mainstream these days. Bratz are supposed to be "edgy."

This doll is cute, and was billed as "the first ever Bratz celebrity collaboration," but maybe "celebrity collaborations" are not the right angle for Bratz to take.

https://www.bratz.com/products/bratz-celebrity-doll-day

Come to think of it... even though it's cute, and even if it's cheap, I'd probably pass... because of the "celebrity collab" angle. They could have called this doll an update of the Bratz Sharidan character, which is what it actually looks like.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  TrueFan Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:49 am

There was another discount endcap filled with a different Kylie with fancy hair.

I considered buying this doll but I am NOT a Kardashian fan and the celebrity angle talked me out of it.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:52 am

The "nighttime" version of the Kylie Bratz doll comes with a very cute dog figurine. I would be tempted to buy it just for that if it was on clearance! But I would feel weird about photographing or collecting a Kylie Jenner doll, haha. So I'd probably rehome the doll herself. Not the biggest fan!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 154

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:08 pm

Tbh until the word Jenner popped up I didn't even know who it was supposed to be. At a clearance rate that cheap you could just redress her and call her something else but I do know what your saying I probably wouldn't buy any Kardashian merch either. I'm not big on celebrity worship.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:17 am

CatDragonStorm wrote:Tbh until the word Jenner popped up I didn't even know who it was supposed to be.
Haha, same. TBH, I still don't. Yes, I've heard her name, but have no idea who she is or anything about her. Soooooo totally not a celebrity watcher Laughing
The doll's kinda cute, if you like Bratz.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:42 am

There's not much you need to know about them except they are famous for being famous.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:47 am

My favorite Kardashian anything. Some librarians who recreated their Hollywood Reporter cover photo.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 Kardli10
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:12 pm

OK, that's hilarious! Here are all the things I know about the Kardashians/Jenners. One of the Jenners was involved in the OJ Simpsons case, but I forget which one. Kaitlin Jenner is a trans person. Kim Kardashian really wants you to look at her butt. Kylie Jenner doesn't know the difference between a chicken and a pig.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 pm

The comments y'all are making about the Bratz Kylie doll and the Kardashian clan in general are hilarious! It appears to me that MGAE did not conduct adequate marketing research prior to signing the licensing contract and going ahead with this "collaboration."
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:32 pm

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 New_he10
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Remember me?
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 Let_it10

I got a head!
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 53494096150_2aaab483cf
Gray Smart Doll in Pink by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:01 pm

Cherry blossom Galadriel went dark!
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 Screen17
"In place of a dark Lord you would have a queen!!"
I'm glad you finally got a head and a very pretty one at that! The picture with her holding her head made me laugh!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:00 pm

Yeah, she did get a bit dark. The little dolls were on the mantel when I went to take her photo and I couldn't resist including them.

Ready for Easter! This one was fun and so much easier than others I've done lately. And plenty of resin.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 20240137
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:04 pm

Oh, I forgot to post her elf ears!
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 20240138
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:54 pm

The blush is really nicely done and your ham looks very tasty too. I saw the easter ones in shops but didn't pick them up yet.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:51 am

You got a head and elf years!

Very Happy

I'm in awe that you were able to piece together one of the elusive grey Smart Dolls!

And then find grey elf ears!

That's a gorgeous face-up! Is that stock, or has she been customized?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:07 am

She is so stunning and I love her little pointy ears!

I had no idea there were Easter ones already, I'm going to have to check them out. I still want to try and hunt down some of the Valentine's Day ones, they're so cute!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 154

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:56 am

Cherry Blossom Galadriel looks like you might not want to mess with her.

They had Easter candy out at the grocery store here the first week of January. Ugh!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 pm

davidd wrote:You got a head and elf years!

Very Happy

I'm in awe that you were able to piece together one of the elusive grey Smart Dolls!

And then find grey elf ears!

That's a gorgeous face-up! Is that stock, or has she been customized?
I was lucky - CornflowerBlue got me the grey ears. The faceup is by Laurie Andrews. Semi-real gray heads are almost impossible to find, so I took a chance on an anime head. I still like semi-real better but the pointy nose and chin look okay with the elven look.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:43 pm

TrueFan wrote:Semi-real gray heads are almost impossible to find, so I took a chance on an anime head. I still like semi-real better but the pointy nose and chin look okay with the elven look.

Yes, I agree, this face style "looks okay with the elven look."

No, I disagree; it doesn't look "okay," it looks "fantastically awesome!" Very Happy

Funny how we have different aesthetic preferences. I'm not a fan of the semi-real faces, and prefer the two versions of the "anime" head.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:47 pm

She looks lovely with the elf ears. She definitely has quite a stern expression.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:33 pm

I got ambitious today and made a cake and cookies, and I arranged a vase of flowers.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 5 20240210
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:25 pm

I'm so Jealous I can't find the valentines day ones anywhere here. We have the Easter ones but not the valentines ones. I especially like the roses. I wonder if any of your dolls will have a date?
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:46 pm

You made the cake and cookies? They're so tiny!
What did you use to make them?
The frosted cake and cookies look real... and yummy!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:32 pm

These are all from the addictive Make It Mini balls. You should see the box of chocolates - you have to pour the resin in molds to make the chocolate pieces! (I ended up with the roses instead of the box of chocolates.)

CatDragonStorm: I bought a Valentine's pack on Amazon. At my local Target department store, I saw an empty box for the Valentine's Day balls, but it was already empty. The roses are apparently rarer than the others, but they are the easiest set I've done by far. Pour the resin "water" in the vase, put in the roses and card holder, cure.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next