The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

+5
Pearls
CatDragonStorm
TrueFan
davidd
Alliecat
9 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) Empty Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:20 am

I guess I will finally start a random-photo thread for the PrettyTiny Film Company crew.
First of all, the reason it's PTFCo is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/prettytinyfilm

And I feel like any PTFCo photo thread has to begin with the wee one who started my whole doll photography obsession: our company President and CCO*, Miss Sunsette LaVoile.

(*Chief Cuteness Officer)

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 48563861751_7ec5a59905

Here she is with her mom Dawn and her sister Scarlett.  The crew is very nautical in theme.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 51736760806_1af2f12c86

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 41119357010_90f050e63e

We do a lot of piratey stuff around here.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 50511999797_c0a79ca08c

In no particular order after that...!  Here's a pic I shot today of a recent addition, Celeste, with a rose purchased from a Ukrainian gypsy in a mall parking lot.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52414164896_511c5f53dc

And another from this week, with the doll that threatens to suck me into Rainbow High.  She already has a sister, but I specifically got Poppy Rowan to pose with the butterflies I hatch every year.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52397312012_b2b4150ecd

Last edited by Alliecat on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm; edited 38 times in total (Reason for editing : more photos!)
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) Empty Re: Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

Post  davidd Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:40 am

Nice start to showcasing your collection, by bookending your collection with your first and your most recent!

And... I bet I know why you're doing this. I saw the sorry state of the Other Forum as well. Looks like some serious "back end" issues, and we know how responsive the Admins and Tech Support are in addressing such things.

It will be fun to see your crew and their antics again.

I've always liked the Black Pirate costume.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) Empty Re: Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Arrrr.

I like forward to watching your random thread!!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11811

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:09 pm

PS: I just visited the Dolly Market Forum for the first time in awhile. Wow.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:24 pm

Crimson veritas is so beautiful! And it's nice to see Catwoman out of her stock outfit. Who is the 3rd Doll in that Photo? I love your little pullips too, I really wish I had bought more little pullips but the price now is crazy! You hatch butterflies? That's so cool! I went to a butterfly house with my Step kids a few years ago and SD collected all the dead ones and loose wings because we were going to cast them in resin but never did.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:19 pm

Thanks, all.
davidd, I decided to post here before I went over to Dolly Market.  It was more that a lot of photos are suddenly being posted here, and I had commented on everybody's threads but not posted any of my own.
It's so disappointing to see so many DM members no longer active, or willing to just abandon it to go elsewhere.  Although even the FB group doesn't seem as active these days.  I have offered more than once to help out, but as we know, the people who could allow others to help out or take over don't seem to care anymore.  It's such a shame -- there is so much good content there.  I have not given up hope that someone will wake up and allow it to be revived  Sad

Cat, the 3rd doll is Date Masamune.  She had bad box hair when she arrived so she quickly became a burgundy redhead, but after an unfortunate incident with some fire a few years ago, I couldn't find a similar wig so she became a blonde.  I didn't really like the wig on her at first but it has grown on me.
Minis are great!  They're so easy to take anywhere for photos.  Yes, the prices are nutz.  I keep my eyes open for secondhand ones.  You can still find them once in a rare while.

Yep, butterflies almost every year since I was about 10.  For many years I participated in a research tagging program.  Of all the many hundreds of hatchlings, ONE of mine was found in Mexico. Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:32 pm

Alliecat wrote:I have not given up hope that someone will wake up and allow it to be revived.

I do not want to give up on the other forum, but now the display is all glitched up. If this were 1988 I might be patient enough to deal with it, but this is not 1988.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:35 am

I don't normally carry dolls all around the house with me when I first get them... but Veritas is really gorgeous and she has the most fabulous hair, so I did carry her around for a while Smile

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 40819232394_95f2874c5e

One of Victoria's extremely rare appearances out of uniform:

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 51407678439_b817670015

Daesani (Date) when she was a redhead:

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 15686030323_9075d88692

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 33787257066_3bc8de21b3

The crew are also Star Wars fans.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 51163948927_1ff017ffc4

Thus the occasional appearance of pirates with lightsabers.  Laughing

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 50968509721_dd435e9b86
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:23 am

Your lightsaber effects are fantastic!

Indeed, I suspect they are not "effects," but actual miniature light sabers.

And Crimson Veritas -- Love
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearls Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:33 am

Oh, that Veritas is so beautiful! I havent' seen that much owner pictures of her but she looks magnificent! Makes me want to get her, too. She would look great next to my Taeyang Tantus Laughing

Lightsaber pirates look so much fun! I love that picture with starry sky above, it's so beautiful and Star Wars -like.
Pearls
Pearls
Regular
Regular

Female
Number of posts : 57

http://muovihelmet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:44 am

I only have the one mini which is dormouse. I really loved reading all my pullips by Requiem Art and I loved how she always incorporated the minis into the mischief. Masamune has a lovely face-up full of mischief but also looks like she would be quite difficult to 'get right' like only certain clothes and wigs are going to suit her.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:09 am

davidd, I actually looked for 1:6 lightsabers, and wasted spent far too much time on that, before deciding to just P/shop it.  

I can definitely recommend Crimson Veritas.  No cheap outfit material (well, the boots kinda suck), gorgeous face, gorgeous hair.  She and Tantus would look great together.  They come up on Mandarake now & then, and less frequently the Groove sample sale (which was where I got her).

Cat, do you have a link for that Requiem Art story?  It sounds fun.  I found a video that mentions it but the link was a 404 error.
Daesani is my go-to girl when I want a sassy or arch model.  But I'm surprised that she can do cute as well.  She definitely has a personality.

Here is my mini Dormouse, Doryn.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 39539905212_c5d50d5005

The starry-sky pic took quite a while to figure out how to do -- getting dolls & sky in the same shot and both reasonably in focus... it was a lot of fun to "get it" though.

One of my favourite kinds of photoshoot is with low light effects.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52431300239_b32b2c9c6d
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:35 am

I don't have a link to the picfic she seems to have removed it awhile ago and now her website is very geared towards sewing. I have been reading one called ningyou days, it used to be called ningyou playground. That's the only old one I have found so far. It seems no one is writing any more.
https://readningyou.wordpress.com/chapters/
I am surprised with the new popularity of star wars that there isn't more 1/6 related props. What's p-shop?

CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Ah, too bad. Doll photostories are lots of fun. I'm a little familiar with Ningyou Days as she was posting on Dolly Market too.
There are quite a few 1:6 lightsabers around, but, they were either a silly price for good-scale ones or -- in order to have a battery -- too large for dolls, and I'd have had to photoshop the glow anyway. (I was just abbreviating Photoshop because it was late and I was lazy Laughing )
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:02 am

Ah the frustrations of scaling things to size! I never got to grips with Photoshop so I admire those who can wield it's power to make light sabers glow.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:31 am

Last year Red the Travelling Dal came to stay with us for 3 weeks in August.  She had lots of adventures including learning how to pollinate pumpkin flowers with her BFF Samantha.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 51412530324_9433c4a165

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 51412754330_e8bc24963a
She had to go on her way before Mr Pumpkin matured.

Someone stupidly boiled and roasted ALL of Mr Pumpkin's seeds before they remembered they'd intended to save some... but a diligent search through the guts turned up ONE missed seed.
Red got to come back and live with us last winter, and Mr Pumpkin's one seed was carefully tended through the summer.  The result...

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52442823971_4fda21ea11
"Twins!"

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52443342663_239964190b
"Yay!"

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52443342613_9e137ae007
"Does it work like a seashell?  Can you hear a garden growing...?"

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52443342743_850b1a388b
"It could take a while to get these inside..."
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:11 am

Is the travelling Dal still a thing? I really liked reading all her adventures! Its so cool that you have grow your own pumpkins. Samantha is adorable.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:15 pm

Wow, one seed that's amazing!

This is my favorite photo from this series:
Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52443342613_9e137ae007
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:54 pm

So one seed resulted in a fruitful vine! That's amazing!

Did you save seeds from the second generation of Mister Pumpkin?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:31 am

Cat, Red's adventures (on the road at least) came to a close last fall.  It would be great fun to have another travelling-doll exchange sometime.
davidd, YES, I will remember this time!!  But since I don't have a lot of room, I really only need one successful pumpkin vine.  I'm really pleased that babying that one little sprout was successful.

If I post random photos of the crew, I'll end up forgetting which ones I've posted after a few pages...  confused
But anyway, introducing some more of the minis, here's the crew being all nautical again.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 33002695042_f3b4115ee5
Scarlett & Sunsette are sisters, and on the right are Roxann, Marilyn & Kailani (who counts as nautical (or water at least) cos she's an Aquarius!).

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 27880370068_a21e7b9222
Victor is our big furry mascot.  He was rescued from a thrift store.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 38018578362_e585fd72d1
Once in a while he goes out for an adventure too.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 35460759500_2c036d4a69
The girls love him very much.

Last edited by Alliecat on Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:38 am

Ah yes, I remember your knot-ical crew pic! I like that one!

And Victor -- I almost always make some comment about what... or who... he eats, so I'll try to not do that this tiiii.... errrr... I kinda just did that, didn't I?

Your crew exudes a sense of joyful adventure!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:35 am

Everyone cuddling up around Victor is the cutest thing ever. Though Victor and the pumpkin is a close second. He has very expressive posture Smile
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:56 am

davidd wrote:
Your crew exudes a sense of joyful adventure!
Thank you!  
They live in a happy world of fun and optimism and aloha and endless possibilities for adventure.
...kinda like ours isn't, anymore...

dargosmydaddy wrote: He has very expressive posture Smile
He does, doesn't he!

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 36084190736_bc78b68840
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Is that a symbol of civil disobedience in the back window? That Victor is such a rebel!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:05 am

davidd wrote:Is that a symbol of civil disobedience in the back window? That Victor is such a rebel!
...erm, that's a different flag.... Razz
(although there was a dark time in and around Ottawa last winter when having a Canadian flag in your car might get you pulled over and questioned by police ... )

The Pumpkin Twins got carved yesterday.  Required some extra effort because of their shapes.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to light them, so there may not be too many Halloween photos this year.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52464411365_944b3fd386
It's the first Halloween with the crew for Celeste (in the back), Jessie (Mini Cheshire in the front) and Red, so they all got to participate.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) 52464494758_69216e8c94
"Can you reach the seeds?"
"Red, don't you let go!!"
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum