The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May: May all your wishes come true!

5 posters

Go down

May: May all your wishes come true! Empty May: May all your wishes come true!

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon May 01, 2023 6:44 pm

May challenge, May all your wishes come true!
Show me your dolls either making a wish or having their wish come true!
For example: Emily wishes for a new dress, she's fed up of living in rags, and especially fed up of watching all the other Dals get nice new things!
May: May all your wishes come true! 20230510
Happy May!
P.s. sorry if I was supposed to post the title of this elsewhere!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

May: May all your wishes come true! Empty Re: May: May all your wishes come true!

Post  Alliecat Tue May 02, 2023 4:29 am

Hope it's OK to post an oldie...?  But I thought of this pic right away.
Sunsette & Aloalo (and me too!!!) wishing they could stay forever in this perfect magical spot in Hawaii.
>sigh<

May: May all your wishes come true! 46752588764_8d335ecfcf

...and then I thought of this one.
Jake, wishing for Neytiri.
(He's gonna have to wait another year but his wish may come true!)

May: May all your wishes come true! 48156532066_70dedcb312
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

May: May all your wishes come true! Empty Re: May: May all your wishes come true!

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue May 02, 2023 11:52 am

You went to Hawaii, that's so cool! Your girls look so tiny on that great big swing! I don't really know much about avatar but he seems a very detailed figure! I should have said in the main thread, any dolls welcome and old photos too.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue May 02, 2023 3:18 pm

Sounds like a fun challenge!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11808

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue May 09, 2023 6:38 pm

May: May all your wishes come true! 20230512
Alice wishes the flowers could talk. I wish her hair didn't get so easily messed up in transport!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed May 10, 2023 5:43 am

Oooh, what a fabulous field of flowers!  Is it a park, or a randomly-planted meadow, or...?  It looks wonderfully un-people-y in the background.

Yes, Jake is a gorgeous figure and the detail is excellent.  He is, however, disappointingly fragile and not that easy to pose.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed May 10, 2023 1:20 pm

It was a kids play farm, where they had flower picking as an option (cost extra so I didn't pick any) so there were actually quite a lot of kids running about, I just got lucky with the angle.
Fragile figures are a pain to pose. I always break them 😪
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat May 20, 2023 6:07 pm

We wished for a season 2 of Good Omens!
May: May all your wishes come true! 52869295072_322540979b
Opposites Attract by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue May 23, 2023 3:24 pm

What is Good omens about? I am at a TV show deficit so I might give it a watch. Its very sweet to see your devil and angel Dals opposite one and other, your haunted library setting is proving very useful!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:What is Good omens about? I am at a TV show deficit so I might give it a watch. Its very sweet to see your devil and angel Dals opposite one and other, your haunted library setting is proving very useful!
It's a very - irreverent look at religion. David Tennant plays a fallen angel and Michael Sheen an angel. It starts with Adam and Eve in the Garden and moves forward to modern times when the Antichrist is born and given to the wrong parents. It's based on a book but in my opinion the TV show is even better than the book. It's very good.

And you are right - the library background is indeed very useful!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm

That sounds like something I could give a go. Interestingly I have met David tennets father, he was a minister who worked with my own father. Never met David tennent though but he was my favourite doctor 2nd only to Jodie whitacker.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue May 23, 2023 6:51 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:That sounds like something I could give a go. Interestingly I have met David tennets father, he was a minister who worked with my own father. Never met David tennent though but he was my favourite doctor 2nd only to Jodie whitacker.
That's cool! If you like David Tennant I think you'll like Good Omens!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue May 23, 2023 7:11 pm

Lipoca is probably thinking about what a wonderful fire all those old, dry, dusty books would make!

If she lets me help, I'll eagerly pile up all the Neil Gaiman books as kindling to get things started. I've tried, I've really tried, to see the appeal, and I've slogged through more of his novels and collaborations than I really wanted to, and I still don't get it. Obviously I'm in a very small minority in this regard.

But the picture is fun! Because... Lipoca! And a Haunted Library!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue May 23, 2023 7:20 pm

I'm a minority with you. I have tried several times to read neverwhere and I am always bored by the first chapter. His wife makes brilliant music though. "The dresden dolls" punk cabaret!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue May 23, 2023 10:14 pm

I didn't *get* a lot of Good Omens the book. But I loved the series based on it. I also like Neil Gaiman fine but don't quite get the hype over his writing. (Same with Terry Pratchett, to be honest.)
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri May 26, 2023 2:36 am

TrueFan wrote:(Same with Terry Pratchett, to be honest.)

Yeah, I tried a few Pratchett books as well, from his Discworld series and collabs with Gaiman. I did not particularly dislike those I read, but neither did they grab me enough to make me a fan.

davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Fri May 26, 2023 6:56 am

TrueFan wrote:I didn't *get* a lot of Good Omens the book. But I loved the series based on it. I also like Neil Gaiman fine but don't quite get the hype over his writing. (Same with Terry Pratchett, to be honest.)

SAME! I don't get the hype surrounding Gaiman's books either, but he's okay. Pratchett... I tried his Discworld series and they're not for me. Reading them gave me a strange and unsettled feeling, somehow.
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down