The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jahzteen's Doll Thread

+3
davidd
TrueFan
jahzteen
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Jahzteen's Doll Thread

Post  Alliecat Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am

A fun family photo!  Who's the white(?) haired Pullip in the back?

jahzteen wrote:
.... in the past couple of years I've become more self-conscious. I have become uncomfortable with people staring.
Well, for what it's worth, you're probably having more fun than they are  Laughing  If it isn't anyone you know, you can tell yourself you're probably never going to see them again so it doesn't matter?

Dolls can look quite different when their eyebrows are hidden.  Sometimes that's a good thing, but others, it adds a lot to their expression.  I would want to hide the "worried" eyebrows but I like to see the "sassy" ones.

(This "flood control" thing is a PITA when you want to edit a post... now I can't remember what I wanted to change confused )
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:49 pm

I don't think there's a mocha MIO kit for Dal.

They exist, but you're right, they are sold out at PullipStyle. Maybe you'll come across the perfect mocha custom Dal at some point.

I just feel weird about the eyebrows, even if they're hidden I know they're there...

That made me laugh Smile

My rewigged Katoya:
[img]Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 48814896738_040b0cf6fe_oLarue29 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

My rewigged Sanada Yukimura (she definitely has attitude):
[img]Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 48699202706_d784edb786_oSan27 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

My MIO mocha Dal that I found customized on ebay (and then restyled):
[img]Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 40778762263_2b775791a3_oSoliloquy2 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:17 pm

Alliecat wrote:A fun family photo!  Who's the white(?) haired Pullip in the back?

She's a Classical Alice. I'll take a better pic for you later.

If it isn't anyone you know, you can tell yourself you're probably never going to see them again so it doesn't matter?

Errr I dont want to be filmed in public by some asshole and then get uploaded to their facebook or something.

And if I'm taking pictures in my neighbourhood, my neighbours are pretty nosy and IDK some of these grandmas tend to like to wander into our backstreet and steal our veggies from our small garden?? LIKE, they think these are WILD VEGGIES snd no one owns them or something. They're super rude ass. They got told off before but I wonder if they would come back. I don't want to be seen playing with dolls by them either. Even if it's in my own backstreet. Argh.

I would want to hide the "worried" eyebrows but I like to see the "sassy" ones.

O. I like the worried eyebrows, or kinda neutral ones Laughing The sassy ones can be cute as well.

dargosmydaddy wrote:

They exist, but you're right, they are sold out at PullipStyle. Maybe you'll come across the perfect mocha custom Dal at some point.

Yes, maybe one day. Smile Anyway, Groove has to make them again one day! And with cute outfits.

Also your tan girls are cute. Yeah I like Katoya better because of her luscious lips. And your custom girl is a babe. Laughing
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1162

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

dargosmydaddy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:14 am

There are some AMAZING Mocha MIO custom Dals out there. I have several. And Another Clock Rabbit is actually gorgeous out of that terrible wig and stock. But she is not easy to find, and when you find her she is pricey.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:30 am

jahzteen wrote:
Errr I dont want to be filmed in public by some asshole and then get uploaded to their facebook or something. .

Ha -- I didn't think about people videoing. Yeah, that would be annoying. Closest I have come is when photographing a couple of minis in a touristy alley in Honolulu, and some French tourist wanted to take a picture of them too. That was OK. But people who photograph others to put on their FB without them knowing really annoy me. There was a guy here who used to do that at markets. Long lens from across the square, people never knew he was 'shooting' them with their mouths full, or open, or whatever, till he posted the photos. Most seemed not to mind.

I hearya on the neighbours. They're not stealing my veggies YET, but the noise and encroachment has gotten intolerable here Sad And there are some here that I would not want watching me "play with dolls" either.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:13 am

Alliecat wrote:
Closest I have come is when photographing a couple of minis in a touristy alley in Honolulu, and some French tourist wanted to take a picture of them too.  That was OK.  

Yeah that happened to me a few times, on two separate occasions, they asked for permission to take pictures. Those times were cool. Then another time I met one woman at a mall where she just took pics of my Dal Ciel Robin (I adopted her out) without asking. I ignored and just let her. When she saw I was going to reach out to take my doll back after photographing, she TRIED to take it from me, too. o__o She probably thought it's public display or something and it's like a FREE FOR ALL TO TAKE. I really don't understand what's with some people who think that items in public are theirs for the taking. I had to interrupt her and clarify the doll was mine. She didn't even apologise LMAO. And there was this other time, I was out at the gardens with a Blythe friend and my friend dropped my doll's boot. When I saw it on the footpath a few feet away, I walked over and was just about to bend down to retrieve it. This guy came by from behind me and kicked the boot. The boot just shot and flew ahead of me. I was horrified because there's a lake just next to the footpath. Thank goodness it didn't drop into the lake. I asked the guy why did he do that, and you know what he said to me? "You're crazy."  Omg I was so angry, I gave him the angriest glare. I hate people.

But people who photograph others to put on their FB without them knowing really annoy me.  There was a guy here who used to do that at markets.  Long lens from across the square, people never knew he was 'shooting' them with their mouths full, or open, or whatever, till he posted the photos.

In Japan he would have been sued already for infringing on privacy rights. People like that think all is funny and games until the same thing happens to them.

I hearya on the neighbours.  They're not stealing my veggies YET, but the noise and encroachment has gotten intolerable here  Sad  And there are some here that I would not want watching me "play with dolls" either.  

Freaking people who don't understand boundaries. Fiori angry And I understand the noise part as well. =_= There's this kid behind our house who's a scream monster ever since she was born. She's 6 this year. And she's still screaming her head off almost everyday. She has learned that if she screams enough, she can get whatever she wants. Her dad spoils her to pieces, because she's got like 2 older brothers or something. =_=

Sorry, you can tell I'm full of resentment. LMAO =_=

Last edited by jahzteen on Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:22 pm

My neighbor doesn't steal my veggies but she does poison everything she can reach with her spray bottle.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:12 am

jahzteen wrote:
In Japan he would have been sued already for infringing on privacy rights....
Sorry, you can tell I'm full of resentment. LMAO =_=

Really?  I thought it was sort of becoming "accepted" (?) that if you're out in public you're fair game.  I mean, street photographers have been doing their thing for decades.  But I suppose it depends on the country.  And privacy rules do change with the times, and with the advent of social media I think people are more aware that "everyone's" photographing, while some of us are increasingly annoyed by it.

Yeah, I try to keep the negative energy to a minimum because it isn't healthy, but the level of disruption in my life these days thanks to all the racket is really, really bad, and I very much resent some of the circumstances that have allowed it to happen, and my current degree of stuck-with-it.  People suck.
Sounds like we could have a rip-roarin' mutual bitchfest.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:58 pm

you can take pictures in public spaces. but if you publish them where people in the photos can be specifically identified without their permission, especially as an act of ridicule -- it can be construed as an infringement of privacy.

is there any possibility of moving to a new place? or is that not an option?
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 57123410

classical rabbit in white and blue wig. the fringe is badly cut.. but i guess that's the price of getting a cheapo wig. i can't decide on a wig that suits her.
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:12 am

That jacket is boss!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:44 am

She looks quite chic Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:38 pm

She has a very smart style.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:51 pm

Her eyechips that I made to resemble her original ones have arrived a long time ago, I don't think I've ever shared them.

Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 Photo_11

Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 Photo_10

I haven't changed her outfit in 8 months...
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:54 am

Very nice. I just changed a few of the girls’ outfits yesterday… Some of them were still wearing winter coats! I wish things were more organized and less disrupted around here and then I would be taking more pictures and changing their outfits more often.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:48 am

Always love your pictures Smile But yes, it's just too many things to do, too many hobbies, too little time.

Also changed my Icarus' eyechips. Got them from Aliexpress.

Jahzteen's Doll Thread - Page 4 Photo_12
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:45 pm

Those eyes are very mesmerising! She looks lovely, her jumper dress looks very comfy. Also your MIO dal is very impressive!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:39 pm

Is that a stylized skull & crossbones on her knit jumper?

Her shoes are fun, too!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:48 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:Those eyes are very mesmerising! She looks lovely, her jumper dress looks very comfy. Also your MIO dal is very impressive!

Thanks! And the previous Dal is not a MIO she's actually a Sooni. Laughing But she came to me with custom eyechips, and I wanted her originals. Couldn't find anyone who's selling a pair so I used Photoshop to design a pair to be as close as her original one and have it printed on cabochons.

davidd wrote:Is that a stylized skull & crossbones on her knit jumper?

Her shoes are fun, too!

Yeah! It's a t-shirt dress, hard to see because of all the black! Thanks!!
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:26 am

Eh, nothing wrong with wearing an outfit you look good in for a long time.
Very Happy
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:53 am

Her eyes are indeed striking.
Good job on designing your own chips too!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4