The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  TrueFan Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Probably more than you want to pay but this cutie is for sale in Glasgow!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364923216869?itmmeta=01HZA511S3843CB5BCM98A99FF&hash=item54f71e63e5:g:0ToAAOSwgCxmVIQh
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Ebay_d10

TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11954

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:29 pm

I did see her on ebay but unfortunately I have spent all mu available funds. She is beautiful though I hope she goes to someone special.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 968

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:05 pm

So back in May i spent my Birthday money on some more outfits from Ropitas Kawaii. I mailed her and asked if she could do 2 in Dal sizes and she was very helpful. Im really impressed by the level of detail she puts in her work and how neat everything is.
Nora and Violet were the happy recipients.Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05710
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05610
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05711
Heres Violet with a picture of Jack Skellington. A friend i went to uni with made it at my request many years ago. Its my favourite. Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05713
Heres Nora with the little house I made. It was part of a project for the adults at my kids playgroup. The theme was happy home, i drew the picture of the foxes to represnt myself, my partner and all the kids together in one happy house. Then i got all the kids to put their hand prints around the outside. The mushroom is a little night light. The little Ragdoll i made for Nora last week out of Fimo. She is called Missy Mushroom. Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05714
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05715
I was taking these pictures last night as my partner was recording music with his guitar. You can hear the camera shutter on some of the tracks he made Laughing I came back and he had posed the dolls having a mad teaparty. There used to be a rhyme when i was at school that went like this- "Theres a party on the hill, would you like to come? Bring your own cup and saucer and your own cream bun. [Insert name] will be there with her knickers in the air singing "aye aye yippy yippy aye"
Thats what this picture made me think of LaughingCat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05716
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:54 am

Haha, that last photo is funny.
Both outfits suit the girls very well; it's nice you were able to get something by request. And it sounds like the adults might've had more fun at the play group than the kids did. I think we need to see some more pictures of your artwork!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1851

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:24 am

The playgroup was great they always had a craft table for the adults or some sort of project on the go, or cooking lessons. We were reffered to them as part of a charity organisation supporting families who were struggling, this could be financial struggles or mental health struggles or just going through a stressful time in general. I liked that because it felt like all the parents bonded very quickly and they were very inclusive with Dads too which is important. The new playgroup i go to is nice but more casual but the little village we live in now is a mix of social housing and people with big money and i sometimes feel there is a mixture of stigmas between the two. Maybe im imagining it or maybe my Neighbours from hell tarred us all with the same brush. Any way digression. I took another picture of the "happy home" The cuddly fox with the two little ones is supposed to be me and the two little ones. The sitting up fox is my partner and the jumping fox is my stepson about to jump on my stepdaughters head Laughing Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05810

I also took an updated picture of the Dal shelf. Violet and Emily got new pjs and had a sleep over. Ash (dal edge) was really angry about this because she feels Emily(monomono) should ONLY be her friend and she doesnt like Violet pushing in! Luna is lauguing at the jokes in her own head and Nora (LA) is the new girl on the block and still figuring the other dals out.Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05811
Heres some pictures I took of Emily and Violets sleep over. Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05812Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05717

Butter wouldnt melt.Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05718

Indigo (Tantus) also got new pyjamas and is not expecting much sleep with all the giggling the Dals are doing. Hes Violets Dad.Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05719
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05720
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:02 am

Oh my goodness, I absolutely adore that little fox picture. So cute!!

And the SLEEPOVER PHOTOS AHHHH!!! So precious. Their pajamas are adorable and they look so cozy! I hope they had a fun time!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 204

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:57 am

The sleepover pictures are cute, as is the drawing. Indigo does look a bit long-suffering there!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:16 pm

Wow, I'm behind, SO MANY cute photos. The tea photo is hilarious. The new outfits are great, so cute together. Thanks for posting a clearer image of your fox family, I love it!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:05 pm

Indigo is definitely reflecting my mental state, June has been crazy busy for some positive and some negative reasons and i have definitely been doing a lot of daydreaming about comfy pyjamas vs wandering around looking frazzled. I am enjoying using the sony camera again and setting up some proper shoots even if it takes me ages to move the pictures. The Dal pyjamas came from AllieExpress, they werent very expensive about $5 a set (£4.50) and they had four really cute sets but they were marked for blythe and the little shirts are a bit baggy and have to overlap the velcro at the back to make them a bit tighter. Pj trousers were perfect fit. Indigos pyjamas came from a seller on Ebay and cost less than $2(£1.40) I definitely think the seller undercharged but i was glad to find a bargain!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:26 am

Whoa, I can't believe you found such good deals!! They look like really nice quality! I've found a few steals on AliExpress, although I feel like half the time the item arrives in a totally different scale than what I intended to order Shocked
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:56 am

There are definitely some good deals on AliExpress but i know what you mean, its hard to judge quality. I got some dreadful dolls clothes from Temu. Also i am noticing they use stock photos from places like Etsy which makes me wonder if they are ripping off genuine sellers and makes me feel a bit guilty from purchasing either. (I stopped using temu though).

Got a couple of nice photos of Isabella in the sun yesterday... and a couple of "would have been nice photos if kids didnt keep jumping in the way and swinging off the camera strap."
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05813Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05814
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05815
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05816
Also my Neighbours cat had kittens which we got to go and see yesterday. Look at their fluffy little faces!Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc05910
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:13 pm

Aww. Will you be ending up with a kitten??
Isabella is really pretty. She’s dressed for adventure. I like the second photo best, with the lighting.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:05 am

Isabella is so pretty, and those kittens are SO CUTE!! I would not be able to walk away without one!!!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:36 pm

My partner and I both wanted one as soon as we saw them but he made several valid points later about why it wouldnt be a good idea. Still I dont want logic! I want tiny balls of fluff! They won't be ready to leave their mother until September so plenty of time to make my case!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:03 am

Maybe you could make a “wall of please“ in a variation of this Laughing
https://www.lovemeow.com/amp/13-year-old-girl-made-wall-of-sorrow-to-convince-dad-to-get-a-cat-from-shelter-2516927561
Hopefully the neighbours will get their cat fixed after this. There are far too many unwanted kittens in the world.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:01 pm

Aw, kittens!

I've been on vacation for two weeks (virtually no internet access) and came home with Covid, so that's fun. I'm behind on Dal House Forum stuff!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:32 pm

I dont have any doll pictures for you because I have had 2 different illnesses. One horrible vomiting bug followed by a horrendous cold that may or may not have been covid. Its our summer holidays here and so far all it has done is rain!
@Alliecat- I did really like your wall of cute cats, we seem to both be a pendulum. As soon as I have accepted a kitten aint going to happen, he has changed his mind and wants one. In general though I think it wouldn't be fair on the cat to take it here where it would be terrorised by children and financially not the best time for extra responsibility. We did see them again though and theyve got bigger and cuter!
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06211
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06210
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06214
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06213
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06212
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:57 pm

oh goodness oh goodness so cute

An adult cat can be an ideal choice for a home with children!!
Surprised
My sympathies on your illnesses. Covid is apparently making a big comeback this summer.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:47 am

Awww, so cute. And still so tiny.
Sorry you've been sick and I hope you are back to 100% real soon.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:38 pm

Oh my gosh those kittens are SO CUTE!!

Cats and kids are probably hit and miss... my friend's cats ADORE her baby and let him play with them, but my cat cannot STAND my son haha. She's not aggressive with him and at least she is faster than he is so she can escape, but she just will not give him the time of day even though he wants to play with her SO badly! She's not really one to play in general though, she is very regal and dignified. But we are not dog people so cats are all he's gonna get, haha!

I hope you feel better soon! Having a bug is the worst Sad
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:04 pm

I think there are just so many factors that would be unfair to the cat. No place to put bed and litterbox, no outside access, too much money for pet insurance, food, vet bills etc. A(3) would definitely terrorise it and probably play in litter box, took us over a year to get rid of smell from old tennants cat pee and had to tear up downstairs carpet and also partner has bad asthma which is triggered by cats, although we are both definitely cat people more than dog people (I like both but no desire to own a dog, he really dislikes dogs stemming from being mauled as a child). So I will keep admiring cuteness but let go of dream to own one, at least for now.
I did a naughty thing last night. This beauty was going on ebay for pretty cheap and the auction ended at 2am, so I put a bid on her thinking I would probably be outbid. I was not outbid. Its not that I cant afford it, shes ridiculously cheap for a pullip. Ive admired Chill for awhile but shes never one I considered adding to my collection and also so far I have been awful at sticking to my new years resolution and not spending all my pocket money on doll stuff, and focusing on the collection I have. Even so, such a bargain and will be very excited when she arrives. Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Screen34
The weather was nice at the start of this week so I got some nice pictures of Violet at the front door.. but it took me 4 days. The first day I gathered all my props together and then it rained. The 2nd day kids wouldnt leave me be long enough to get a decent shot. The 3rd day my camera battery died. The 4th day I finally got some good shots but then ended up giving an impromptu photography lesson to the neighbour kids (so under qualified to teach any one Laughing)
Violet loves gardening!
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06310
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06312
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06311
These next 2 photos were taken by my 5 year old neighbour. She took quite a lot but these were the two I thought were best. So far I have introduced her to, Pullips, begoths and make it minis... not sure how pleased her parents will be by any of these things but oh well, oops!Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06313
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Dsc06314
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:13 am

Wow, you got a deal! Yay, new dolly! Congrats. And you didn't even have to stay up for the end of the auction Laughing
And yay for finally getting some pictures in spite of the obstacles. Persistence pays off. Her little terrarium is really cute.
I envy you having nice little neighbour kids.
Indeed it doesn't sound like you have a good place for a cat with all those factors. I respect that you thought about whether the cat would be happy as well as the allergies etc. Too many people don't think about whether they can really give a pet a good home.
Maybe helping out at a shelter would give you a "cat fix" without having to bring one home?
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:35 pm

Congrats on Chill! It's so great to score a bargain on a nice doll!

Love the Violet photos, ha I thought she was kneeling in water at first!!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:36 pm

@Alliecat- the neighbour kids are nice, we did have a little girl visiting her Aunt who was absolutely horrible to the local kids but thats been about the worst of it. The terrarium is a make it mini lifestyle. I really liked the plant version because it was no resin, just kinetic sand/soil. I think its important to put the animal first and foremost. Ive always felt its unfair to own animals and just keep them in tiny flats so hey ho!
@TrueFan- it really was a bargain. The shipping isnt tracked though which is driving me mad. I was hoping she would arrive before we went away for the weekend but no such luck.

We have gone for a trip to Grampas house for the weekend. It was a lot of driving again. Alice came with me, she seems to be my go to travel doll. Shes wearing a new outfit from Coolcat. She was mesmerised by this pocketwatch and stand.
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Img-2015
Cat's Dolls - Page 17 Img-2014
This was my great grandfathers pocketwatch and my grandfather, who was a blacksmith made the mount from wood and a stirrup!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:50 pm

I love her soft new outfit!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin