The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:28 pm

Thank you, I love it too but I think it is maybe lacking some Jewellery.
Today we went to the toy shop. A(3) bought a police bike set, with a handy travel case, which is good because they both brought a lot of playmobil with them.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2031

C(4) picked a big pull back hotwheels car which he had great fun scooting all over the shopping center floor.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2032

We sat by the sea and had some lunch which was lovely. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2019
In the shopping centre we found a shop selling pokemon cards, plushies, pop figures etc. And they had a room for people to play magic the gathering and other card/rpg games. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2021
We also found a community hub, which wasn't open but had some fun displays in the window of peoples hand-made lego creations, playmobil, and fairies. It was fun to look at.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2022
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2023
It was quite a hot morning so we decided to head back to my Dads, change in to shorts and head to the beach. This of course meant by the time we got there the weather had changed and was now windy and cloudy. A(3) didnt care and headed straight for the water which was actually really warm. C(4) joined him which was a suprise. Im a real water baby so I was happy to do a bit of paddling.
Heres Alice before all the chaos.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2025
This is what C(4) did to my dungaree pocket before we went out.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2027
With everyone cold and wet we headed home with A(3) wrapped in my jumper.
Alice has had enough for the day and has gone for a lie down. I wish I could join her but alas the children have hit a 2nd wind. These little socks were also cool cat. They are so cute- I want a pair in every colour!
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2028
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2030
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2029
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 968

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:40 pm

What a great family treasure, and such a clever idea to use the stirrup that way.
How far do you have to drive? I guess road trips are a lot less fun with little kids.
Toy shops and the beach sounds like a great outing. Alice is so cute and her little lacy bed is sweet.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1851

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:38 am

That sounds like a perfect day!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11954

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:47 am

Oh, that sounds like so much fun. Those photos of Alice with the sea in the background are lovely! And I love the pocket full of Playmobil Laughing
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 204

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:38 pm

So it was sort of a triangular trip. First we drove about 3 hours to my Dads in Fife, with a stop in the middle to meet my sister as my stepdaughter was having a girly weekend with both my sisters while we were with my dad. On Sunday we went from my dads in Fife to Glasgow which was about 1 1/2 hours, we spent Sunday meeting some of my family and my partners family and then monday we drove home from Glasgow to Inverness which is about 3-4 hours but took us the best part of 5 due to a bit of travel sickness. The kids actually weren't too bad on the trip, the extremely grumpy attitude from my Dad was worse. Our stop over in Glasgow was the most relaxed part as my partners family were so lovely.
Sunday morning we went to church with my Dad and I got some lovely pictures of Alice in the wildflowers at the back. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2033
I didnt take any pictures in Glasgow as it was such a quick visit and felt very busy but I got one of a dishevelled Alice on the car ride home. It was far far too hot for a long drive and my AC was useless, it was like an angry dragon blowing hot air on your face, so I think we all felt as fed up as Alice looked!Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2035
We got home quite late on Monday and I was exhausted and spent all of yesterday stiff and cramping and miserable after the long drive. We had a lot of fun though. Yesterday my neighbour phoned me because she had broken down. She got picked up before I needed to go and get her but she still sent me chocolates anyway. Which was very sweet. Im excited to incorporate the ribbon in to some doll clothes/hair accessories. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2036
Oh and I also wrote a review of Alice's new outfit. Im slowly getting back to blogging.
https://lostinpullipland.wordpress.com/2024/07/31/a-review-of-hellocoolcat-doll-clothing-store-etsy/
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:38 am

"an angry dragon blowing hot air on your face"
hahaha
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:09 am

Good that your trip was broken up into shorter segments, but bummer about being stiff & sore next day. I always stop & stretch somewhere along the way on long drives. Now I have to ask how hot it was, haha ... I love hot weather, and we don't get enough of it!
That is quite a detailed review. Hello Cool Cat should send you something for your nice review Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:12 pm

I think the highest it was on sunday was 25/26°c. We were in the car from noon so hottest part of the day. The hot dragon breath definitely didnt help.I couldnt help thinking that I wanted to be back on the beach paddling and avoiding Jellyfish. A(3) wanted to take a Jellyfish home, he was all wrapped up in my jumper, crying " I meed a jewwyfish, I put him in the baff!" Laughing
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:43 am

Haha, maybe you can find him a toy jellyfish. I have a paperweight/ornament-type thingie with a jellyfish in it that glows in the dark.
That's just about a perfect temperature for me! Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:32 pm

Maybe it's my cold norse blood, or the magnified heat in the car or the crap ac but it was definitely too hot for me!
Chill came! I found it a tense wait because she was sent untracked 2nd class and the seller marked her as dispatched but then took awhile to post her. They were very nice about it though so we will let them off!
Here's how she arrived (with hair a bit tidied up) Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240811
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240810
And here she is trying a different wig. I'm unsure what direction to go with wigs because I originally wanted to get her a darker wig- black or dark brown but the paler colours also really suit her so I'm torn. Her face and eyes are quite yellowed but not picking it up on camera and she smells very strongly of incense which I am mixed on too because its a bit headachy but adds some Character to her.
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240813
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240812
I'm very excited to add her to my collection though. There's something so satisfying about a 2nd hand doll that needs a bit of TLC. It's less pressure than when you spend a lot for NIB.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:33 am

Yay!! Congrats on the new arrival! Very Happy
Wow, she looks completely different from her stock style. It can indeed be hard to choose wigs. I think she looks a little older with the 2nd wig. Dunno if Pullippedia will help or make it harder!! It was Pullippedia that made me decide pretty much overnight that I NEEDED Date Masamune Laughing

https://www.flickr.com/groups/pullippedia_chill/pool/with/46739105292

I was thinking I liked the dark wigs better but then as I scrolled down I saw a pale one that I also really liked.
And yay for dolly TLC projects. Hopefully the smell will dissipate and maybe you can do something about the yellowing... (The outfit and the incense smell really make me wonder about her backstory and what things she has seen!! Surprised )
Looking forward to seeing how you end up styling her.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:46 am

I've been looking her up on Flickr loads before and after she arrived because I love seeing how other people style their dolls. I'm always amazed by how different eyes and wigs make a doll look. But I'm so torn. Dark wigs really complete her gothic look but the white is so different to all the dark haired Chills out there. She definitely had a feel pf withcyness to her when she arrived smelling of incense in that dress.
The 2nd wig looks white but it's sort of a platinum blonde colour. I bought it for Alice but it didn't really suit her. The first wig has some interesting colours through it but the bangs are awful!
I played a bit of dress up with her last night. Here she is in a fluffy Cape my friend made. Sort of a nod to her stock outfit. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240814
I think I can definitely fix the yellowing on her eye mech. Her sclera on one side is very yellow and I had some success with the hydrogen peroxide method on the yellowed taeyang hand. I'm more nervous about the patches on her face because some of them are very close to her make up.
I also noticed a lot of yellow spots on my Dal Luna's face so I might try it on her first. Since she is customised and her make-up needs a good touch up it wouldn't matter if I had to start again with her. Where as Chills make up is still stock so I'm more worried about spoiling her with no fix. It's nice to have a project doll again.

Oh and I also made a YouTube review video on her. I'm still very much dipping my toes in YouTube at the moment. It felt a lot like stage fright being in front of the camera but I want to persevere and keep making some doll videos.
https://youtu.be/Gj-Cp6U7hpI?si=RJWYVOCDPwUj5Jz7
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:02 am

She's got kind of a "Frozen" vibe there Laughing
I know her lips are darker, but in the video, at least on my screen, they look the same colour as your nails. And you don't sound nervous at all. Have fun with it!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:08 pm

They are quite grey lips and look so different in different lighting. It's also frustrating because I have to wait for the kids to go to bed by which time it's hard to get good lighting.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:58 pm

I like Chill in a light wig!

If you set her somewhere not in the sun but with a breeze, it will help a lot with the incense smell. If you have a place you can set her where the window is open and a fan is on, maybe?
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:30 pm

Newspaper can also help diminish smells, I’ve heard. I once had to wrap a yard sale item in newspaper because it was really smoky. It sat for a long time but eventually the smell improved. You could wash her outfit and wig and wrap her in newspaper with a paper towel for the inner layer to protect her from staining.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:03 am

So I've been keeping her in the blonde wig and a different outfit, luckily the smell on the doll is a lot milder than on the wig and dress, so it's a bit like a mild perfume. I probably will wash the wig and outfit at some point. I have a few dark clothes I want to try on her that need colour fasting so will probably try to them in bulk but I've run out of white vinegar trying to clean the air fryer (it's been a week its still caked in grease, all I feel is despair at this point!)
I got a few outside pictures of her over the weekend. Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240817
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240815
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240816
Oh an also more kittens Laughing
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Screen35
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2037
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240818Cat's Dolls - Page 18 Img-2038
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240820
Cat's Dolls - Page 18 20240819
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:47 pm

Ahhh, these are all so cute!! I love this look for her with the light hair and braids. And the kittens are so adorable!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:56 pm

Despite my better judgement I may or may not have convinced my partner that a kitten is a good idea. I have spent all day rearranging the house to demonstrate where all the cat stuff could live- including a safe little hiding hole from the kids.
I might be crazy. I've also accidentally landed 2 jobs in one week. 1 is my dream job of activities co-ordinator but would be full time and very inflexible around kids and kittens. The other is cleaning offices- very light work and low hours but very flexible around the kids. Partner has also gone back to work so majorly on the fence about which direction to progress. Own fault for feeling like life needed to throw more good things my way. Now I've got 3 good things thrown my way and don't know what to choose -eeek-
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:02 pm

Last post reads like a Bridget Jones diary entry. Laughing
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:40 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:Last post reads like a Bridget Jones diary entry. Laughing
Hahaha, good luck with your decisions! Chill looks amazing like that. And those kittens, so cute! I hope things work out for you to keep one!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:30 am

Nice to have many good things to choose from. Best of luck with the jobs and hope all of it works out smoothly.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  jahzteen Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:14 pm

chill is amazing! congrats on adding her to your family! she has a really lovely monochrome face up ♥
jahzteen
jahzteen
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1224

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roquaiseanne/

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:23 pm

Thank you Jahzteen. She was a really great find.
I have been so busy recently but I managed to make another youtube video, showing how I use an overall button to secure the neck and I also made 2 blog posts detailing this too as well as a comparison between the obitsu and pullips stock body.
Youtube: https://youtu.be/t6ctQLlQxQk
Blog part 1- Comparison: https://lostinpullipland.wordpress.com/2024/08/28/lets-obitsu-part-1-comparison/
Blog part 2- neck peg tutorial:
https://lostinpullipland.wordpress.com/2024/08/28/lets-obitsu-part-two-how-to-attach-the-obitsu-to-pullip/
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am

That's a great comparison of the body types. I didn't realize Obitsus were a little taller. I don't think I've ever had a T4 that was flexible enough to do that much 'splits'!! I absolutely loathe T3 because of the ugly breakable wrists, but I only have one and don't have any Obitsus. I was put off those by people's stories about the torso coming apart, or getting floppy... but you do make it look very tempting. Interesting dissection too. I'm sure this will be helpful for lots of people rebodying.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next