The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

+5
Pearls
CatDragonStorm
TrueFan
davidd
Alliecat
9 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 Empty Re: Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:41 pm

Why would it get you pulled over for having your own countries flag? I wish I could visit Canada again one day, I actually did a few months of kindergarten in Alberta as a child, everyone thought my Scottish accent was funny!
That poor little pullip fishing for seeds! I am still so impressed you grew your own pumpkins!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 Empty Re: Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27)

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:51 pm

hahahaha! love the whole crew taking on this project!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:52 am

CatDragonStorm wrote: Why would it get you pulled over for having your own countries flag?
I am still so impressed you grew your own pumpkins!
They were looking for people participating in, or suspected to be participating in, or thinking about participating in, the truckers' Freedom Convoy.  I heard of someone getting pulled over and questioned on his way home for a bumper sticker.
The stories are out there... but that's a discussion for elsewhere....
Did you get to see much of Alberta when you were there?  I've only visited once but loved the mountains.
So am I !!  I was thrilled with last year's Mr Pumpkin, my first.  I love watching my garden grow food for me  ^_^

I got 'em lit, in spite of their funky shapes, so here are Brother & Sister Pumpkin with Halloweeen greetings from some of the J-Doll contingent of PTFCo.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52469601383_26a60e64e5
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:14 pm

I was very young like 5 years old so I have limited memory, I remember going to Edmonton Mall because is was so cool and had a pirate ship. I remember participating in a rodeo on a sheep and getting sweets (candy) afterwards. I remember getting laughed at because I used strange words like 'sofa, sweeties and felt tips' instead of 'couch, candy and marker pens' and I remember that the Candy and juice there was like nothing back home! I have Cousins in Cananda who have come to visit us a lot, I would love to go back and visit them!

That's a brilliant pictures, your pumpkins came out really well. I didn't do anything Halloween that I wanted to because I had a sick kid instead ah well.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:06 pm

Very cute photo! There is nothing like growing your own pumpkins.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:14 am

These are late, but, they were a lot of work.  Aside from shooting them in the middle of the night, I had to paint out a ton of bad pixels.  Always a problem with in-the-dark shots.
Anyway, here's some of the crew's festivities.  Since we started carving pineapples the gang celebrates H'aloha'ween!  Very Happy

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52473807221_3d8e594d4d
J-Dolls who didn't get into the official Dolloween shot.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52473807176_ecc2739161
Poppy & Daphne are two of the more recent additions.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52474268840_691e712436
Those who've followed the PrettyTiny Film Company minis over on Dolly Market know that
a) minis rule
b) they ALWAYS have the BEST parties.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52474268900_a824775a53
Aloalo & Crystal are our Polynesian members, so of course they both had to dance.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:30 am

Oh what brilliant pictures, I would love to join your crew for a Halloween bash it looks so much fun!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:38 pm

The H'aloha'ween Pineapple Lantern turned out particularly nicely this year!

Hula dancing and ghost stories - there were plenty spooky ghost stories to be heard when I lived in Hawaii!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:44 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:... I used strange words like 'sofa, sweeties and felt tips' instead of 'couch, candy and marker pens'

Strange how certain terms are "regional" like that, and also how language changes over time. When I was small in Oregon in the US, some people said "sofa" although "couch" was more common. A few older people said "daveno," short for "davenport," and the parents of one of my friends actually still said "chesterfield" for a sofa or couch.

We kids said "candy," although some older adults used the general term "sweets."

And we called them "felt tips." The term "markers" seemed to come along somewhat later, becoming more common when I was in high school.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:55 pm

My mother lived in Canada for some time before she had us and had an embarrassing story of asking for a 'rubber' because she had made a mistake- she meant erasure because we call them rubbers here.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:49 pm

love the pineapple halloween photos! thanks for putting in all that work!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:26 am

They were 'rubbers' when I was a kid. And always markers. And I grew up with a chesterfield.
I've heard it said that "down cellar" is a very regional Maine/New England thing for the basement, but we always said it in Ontario.

The Pumpkin Twins have gone to their rest in the compost, with thanks for the food & fun. Or at least some tiny bits of them have. The rest is 2 jars of seeds, 6 cups of guts, some lovely muffins, 2 lots of yummy soup, a few brick-y popsicles, and 11 1/2 cups of puree!  Very Happy
Pumpkins should NOT go to waste!!

Mr Pineapple is remembered in smoothies.

And everyone always wants to join PTFCo parties. They're proud of their reputation Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:53 pm

I impressed with your preservation of pumpkins. I was adamant I was going to carve a pumpkin this year and learn to make some pumpkin soup but alas it never happened.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:12 am

Pumpkin soup is really easy.  And sooooo good.  I was really skeptical but I loved the first batch I made last week.

Darla the Travelling Mini Dal had some adventures around the world a few years ago.  She got to stay here -- PTFCo HQ seems to be lucky for travelling dolls!

She had a rude awakening when she arrived, coming from sunny Australia to....  this.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 32321013777_432716fe83

but she made the best of it...

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 40399301343_a70b72bdc8

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 47439793261_62078b26c1
...did some exploring...

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 33763526548_633e9d4e11
...and was welcomed to stay by a crowd of new mini sisters.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 50535447201_88515faf82
Some warmer-weather adventures.

Sadly all that travelling was pretty exhausting, and shortly after she arrived, her arm came off!!  We've made do with shirts to hold it on, but recently, her leg, which also must've been weakened, ALSO came off!!  Minis are fragile!!
Disaster averted, the PrettyTiny Film Company wardrobe department had a couple of spare bodies (hey, we've got everything) so last week I got brave enough to open her head finally -- not hard at all -- and now she's pleased to show off a brand new body as well as having her very messy hair fixed.  Yay!

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52495154777_bde43fb615

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52495636256_18d9e23032
Now she can wear nice dresses again.

Last edited by Alliecat on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:16 am

Is that chair in the last pic one of those ingenious craft projects people used to make by cutting tin cans in to strips and winding and peeling them in to elaborate shapes?

If I recall, those furniture pieces tended to have some sharp edges... which might be why they were often upholstered in red.

So both Darla and Red joined your permanent crew after being world travelers? That's pretty neat! Are there any others who have joined you that way?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:53 pm

I'm sorry about her arm, my little pullip dormouse has a bust arm that I have never been able to successfully fix! Her mini explorer outfit is the absolute cutest thing ever! She looks like she is ready to team up with Davids dolls for an adventure
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Minis are fragile! Especially considering their original cost!

Glad Darla got repaired.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:55 am

Yep, the chair is from the sardine-can set.  I don't know how common a craft project it was, but these came from my grandparents' house (they didn't make them).  Maybe one day if I EVER build the minis a house, it can go in their parlor.
Nope, no other travelling dolls have joined us.
Darla's explorer outfit is Petite Blythe.  They can be pricey, but are well worth a look if you get a good deal.  They usually don't do up in back, but fit minis fairly well otherwise.

These are some of the J-Dolls, when there were fewer of them, and when I had a nicer patch of woodland to play with them in.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 13955438888_30c1a1c3e7

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 14330357388_fe20d4e751

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 16400238017_a8eef6501e
Natalie & Robyn, my first 2.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 15985349494_b48f9b9e05
NOT looking forward to this weather... my enthusiasm for doll photos outdoors varies directly with the temperature.  But, they look like they're having fun.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 49986347678_81361442bc
Robyn, my nature-loving woodland-goddess kinda girl.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 51924408687_1f554dd497
With a friend.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 51615129972_10e571034b
And Abbigail, with another friend.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:03 pm

I know you prefer Butterfly Season, and that last butterfly pic is beautiful, but your snow pix are fun, too!

Sometimes I almost want to cry, thinking about your former forest, and I'm sure that's not one fraction of the sorrow you feel. Currently staying in a suburban-bordering-on-urban area myself, I am already missing the relatively wide open spaces of Utah. But I'm not missing sub-freezing temperatures, and the Utah temperature have been sub-freezing ever since I left, with unseasonably chilly early winter weather. Not a lot of snow, just cold!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:15 pm

I love the building a snowman pic, and the tiger and butterfly photos. The dolls look so real!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:58 am

Yeah... I cry about the change in my surroundings fairly often.  "It could always be worse" but when you love a place for 27 years and then... you don't...  It's all a matter of perspective  Sad

TrueFan wrote:The dolls look so real!
Thank you!!  That is 100% the goal, all the time.  It's been a really fun photographic challenge, after shooting nature, scenic, etc. for many years prior to that.

PTFCo was pleased to welcome a new addition to the mini crew yesterday, but it quickly turned to disaster, as thanks to Groove's horrible packaging, the plastic forehead strip TOOK OFF HER EYEBROW.  Crying or Very sad  I can't believe it....  I don't know if I can fix it; I'm not a faceup artist.  IF I can manage to mix a matching colour, I'm going to need a paintbrush with literally one hair in it, which means demolishing one and hope it's left useable.  If not, I suppose I might have to think about sending her somewhere for repair, which is really frustrating, because she was ex$pensive, and I saw a cheaper one not-in-box on eBay after committing to buy this one from someone on FB and I didn't like to back out.
Anyway, she is not ready for any closeups.  But she was welcomed.  She's very sweet.  She looks a little sad, and now she has reason to.  Sad

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52511346715_939da335c6
Welcome committee.

Alliecat's crew -- PrettyTiny Film Company (Apr. 27) - Page 2 52510865671_7dd5f202cf
"Don't worry, Nanette... even if mum can't fix it, we'll love you anyway."  *hug*
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:28 am

I'm so sorry that happened.

A couple of things to try - a colored pencil. If you can get it sharp enough you might be able to create an eyebrow that will look good enough. Not like a factory eyebrow but not noticeable unless one really looks.

A toothpick - I have often used toothpicks instead of paintbrushes for very fine/small paint jobs.

I am also not a facebook artist but I have done repairs fairly often, on damaged dolls and also customs I got that needed a tweak. Good luck!

TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:31 am

Aha! Colored pencils! I just offered the same suggestion over on the other forum! That's two votes, then, to try colored pencils first!

Toothpick is a good idea! I was reading something somewhere recently about somebody who does their tiny touch-up painting using a toothpick.

Congratulations on the new arrival. Since she's joining the pirates, you could give her an eye patch and call it good!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:03 am

Toothpick is even too fat. I'd have to use the point of a pin, and it would blob.
I know people use coloured pencils on them... I can't quite imagine it being dark enough... don't they have to sand off any finish before using them? I have no idea; I've never paid any attention to the discussions of faceups because it was not something I was interested in trying.
Also, at least with some wet acrylic paint, I could wipe it off if it doesn't work, but if I eff it up with pencil, then what?? Sad
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:51 pm

Oh I am so sorry what a disappointment!
I used a very sharp pencil on a little pullip once to customize it and it worked pretty well but I don't know about fixing stock make-up!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum