The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 14 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 am

I think the book nook was a kit. I was hoping to have more adventures with Luna. I wanted to show you the very cool castle my mum had bought for the kids but it all went too quickly. I haven't really been following the storm names but for the last few years it seems all the bad ones are somewhere around the K mark.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:22 pm

I bought myself an early birthday present because I have been dying to try the ILY disney fashion packs for awhile now and see how they stack up as pulllip clothes. Lilly has decided to help me with the review. It was really hard to settle on which one to pick since the whole line has some really cool disney inspired outfits. I finally settled on the tangled theme one as I really liked the jumper and the trainers (sneakers) plus Lilly needed some replacement shoes. Here it is in the packaging and out of the box: Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240423
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240422
The little accessories are really cute. It came with a backpack, a sun shaped necklace, two notebooks-one plastic, one paper and of course the shoes. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240426
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240424
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240425
Lilly is excited to have a new outfit. Unfortunately it was covered in tiny plastic ties all doubled up. There were about 20 in total and this lead to problems when I was trying to put the shorts on because I hadn't removed them all properly and couldn't work out why the shorts wouldn't fit. It also snagged the fabric around the sleeves. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240427
Here's Lilly with the jumper and then with the shorts and shoes too. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240428
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240429
Unfortunately the shoe were way too big for a pullip. Ily dolls must have big feet. I will have to play a game of cinderella later and see who they do fit. At a glance I would say isul size as they look too small for taeyang but too big for pullip, dal or obitsu.Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240430
Close up of the backpack:
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240431

Here she is in the whole ensemble. I really do love this jumper, but I'm undecided on the shorts as part of the outfit.
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240432
I think I like the whole thing better with her jeans instead of the shorts and the oversized shoes made her feet look really clumsy. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240433
On the whole I would buy these fashion packs again, they fit the obitsu body really well. They would definitely be too big for Dal. There were a few areas where the sewing was a bit clumsy but the quality in general seemed pretty good. I'm a bit disappointed by the soze of the shoes but since I'm not trying it on the doll it's meant for i guess it's a moot point. You could probably get around it by stuffing them with foam or something so I guess in that sense too big is better than too small.
I also saved enough over the last few months to buy my birthday doll, which I purchased yesterday but since my birthday isn't for another month, you will have to wait just like me.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 pm

Yay! Happy early birthday – but gosh, I couldn’t wait a month to open the doll.
That is a cute outfit. I would wear those shorts! I was going to suggest stuffing the shoes with some tissue or something, but yes, scrolling down to more of your pictures it does look like they would still be too big. Does the backpack open?
She is all dressed for an outing with you. Hope you get some nice weather to enjoy.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1737

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:58 am

She's coming from Japan and I only ordered her a few days ago so I don't think I'll have to wait a full month to open her. I like making a start on Birthdays early especially if a doll is involved because they can take so long at customs. Also my birthday and the two little ones birthdays are all very close so it's good to spread the costs.
I think maybe the ILY boots might not look so big due to the length but the trainers are definitely giving me clown feet vibes. The back pack doesn't open unfortunately it's just one moulded piece
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:27 pm

I have this fashion pack too! I love the ILY outfits but the little plastic ties are a NIGHTMARE, as you said. There are so many of them!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 150

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

It's cute! I have the Alice set but have only tried it on Blythe. The boots fit her okay.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11804

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

Got outside for a bit today. Ash came with me for some fresh air. I guess being cooped up in a cabinet was driving her bonkers. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240436
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240437
My Birthday doll also came today which was amazingly quick from Japan to the UK. I ordered her on Monday and I didn't even get taxed! On the downside though she was so quick I am going to be waiting over a month to open her. My birthday isn't until May 21st. Here's a sneak peak. The paper was so neat I didn't want to take it off. I always open dolls just to check for damages but I won't open her behind the bubble wrap because I don't want to ruin the elation of saving it until the day itself. Just enough of a tease to feel excited. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240438
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240440
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240439
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am

Such a great look for Ash. Excited to see your new doll!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:39 am

I am amazed at that short shipping period!
I imagine someone familiar with Dal boxes could guess who it is, but that’s not me.
Ooh, I could not wait!! Life is short, have fun now, hahaha!
It is fun anticipating too though— sometimes Laughing

She looks ready for an adventure.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 pm

I have a guess!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm

I'll give you a clue truefan dressed like this doll. I've already made a small hole in the bubble wrap so I can peek at her face. I'm not being patient at all. I saved really hard for this one so its a good feeling.
The last few months have felt exhausting and busy so I took some down time this evening to go through doll wigs and play wig swap. I forgot how therapeutic that can be, even if they all ended up back in the same wigs.
The previous occupant of " The Middle shelf, the cabinet in the hall. Scotland" (that's the official address) moved out. That is Willow (pullip kiyomi-SDs doll). So the dals now have a shelf to themselves, with a window! The only Isul and MH/EAH dolls are there too. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240441
Luna is in her pyjamas because she is still cold from our windy trip north.
Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240443
Violet got a new book shelf and some mini make it plants-she likes gardening, even if George the tortoise does try to eat all the leaves. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240444
And the rest of the cabinet. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240445
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:48 pm

That tiny book shelf is ADORABLE.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:41 pm

TrueFan wrote:That tiny book shelf is ADORABLE.
They were from the miniverse books series you can stack them to make them bigger. I did think about you and your broken elevator when I opened them. I thought "it would be much easier to move a whole library even with a broken elevator if you could shrink them all to this scale." They are real books and come with a magnifying glass so you can read them.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:22 pm

Those PJs are super cute and cosy looking!
The cabinet address doesn’t sound so far off some real ones that I have heard of in the UK – I love those addresses that don’t really have a street number but are just like, “North side, Shady Lane”, and the town and county. That sounds like places I would like to live!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:37 pm

I had to send a parcel to "honeysuckle cottage" once and their whole address sounded like it was made up for a fantasy novel. The dressing gown is a bratz one and the onsie underneath was KerriaRosette. I really do miss her blog and her sewing. It's the weird thing about meeting people on the Internet is one day they are just gone and you wonder if they are still out there doing well.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 am

I also miss KerriaRosette.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am

Today has been the most head wrecking of days. On Day 5 of quiting smoking. Tempers flared too much yesterday (I was a monumental AH to everyone) which led to no sleep last night. And in that way that can only happen when you are severely sleep deprived and emotionally drained the universe decided it was going to royally mess with me on every level. It sent me 2 friends in the form of school run mums and one enemy straight to my door to buy guitar pedals from my partner. So I caved and I smoked and I dealt with the turmoil by peeking at my birthday doll one more time. Which I have decided to share with you to assuage my stress and my guilt. Actually I've pretty much been peeking at her every day I didn't smoke as a reward but I guess tomorrow will be back to day 1 again. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240446
"Please let me out, I can barely breathe in here"
I am off now to build a fort of emotional support Dals and hide in it and play teaparties until the universe ends!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 am

Ooh, peekaboo! Smile
Since I’m watching a program about coral reefs, my first glance at this photo on a tiny screen with poor lighting made me think of some little creature peeking out of a coral formation!  Laughing
Sorry about your bad day – but YAY for quitting smoking!! Good for you, and good luck! Just keep trying. You’ll get there.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm

It's absolutely one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and doing it as a couple is definitely both better and worse simultaneously. I did manage to quit for a while when I was pregnant but looking back I have no idea how.
I can see how she looks like she's peeking out of a coral reef. Bubble wrap would actually be pretty good material for crafting an under water scene.
I wasn't joking about the Dal fort either Laughing it made my crazy day a bit calmer and better. Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240447
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 pm

I'm sorry and good luck! Quitting an addiction has to be sooo hard!

Your Dal fort looks cozy. Mentally put yourself in there when you need a break!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:31 pm

Oh my goodness! We're all rooting for you. Don't think of it as having to start over... you might be back to day 1, but you have all the knowledge of what helped and what hurt from days 1-5 to help you be strong! So that's still a step forward, even if it doesn't feel like it. Very Happy
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 150

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:40 pm

adreamingdollie wrote:...you have all the knowledge of what helped and what hurt from days 1-5 to help you be strong!  
Yeah that's a good point.
I want a doll fort. That sounds like a great place to be when things are crap.
(I might not come out!)
Ah, so you & partner are both quitting. Hope you can encourage each other. Maybe grab a doll to carry around when you feel the urge to pick up the cigarette pack.
You can do it!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 pm

Definitely living at fort Dal alot in my own head. Had my court case yesterday which was a lot of waiting around just for it to get postponed. Then I got the wrong bus home. I did meet a very nice lady in the waiting room though. Sometimes there is nothing nicer than having a meaningful exchange with a stranger.
Thats really good advice dee. Thank you all for the ongoing support.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm

It really is nice when we meet someone that we seem to connect with.
Sounds like you had another crummy day. You would think they could let you know
something would be postponed before you made the effort to get there...
It's always a good time for dolly therapy!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 am

They had to wait for my Neighbours from hell to not show up before they postponed it. I knew they weren't going to show up because she told me. But they wouldn't let me not go because it was a court summons so if I didn't go I would get fined. So I pretty much knew I was just going along to have my time wasted but I decided to make the most of having some time to myself and took my kindle and just thought well its sort of a break away from the chaos of the kids I wouldn't have got otherwise. It didn't really end up sucky until i was on the bus and it bypassed my turn off because the next stop was 6 miles away. Any way next week I am vowing to be as lazy as possible.
We went to the Charity shop today and they had this beautiful dolls house. I didn't buy it because I definitely don't need it or have the space for it... but I can't help daydream over all the things i would do with it if i did have the space. Alas content with a picture to share. Isn't it pretty? Cat's Dolls - Page 14 20240448
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next