The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023

+4
Pearls
Alliecat
davidd
TrueFan
8 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023 - Page 31 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:16 am

I don’t know much about the smart doll world, but comments like the above that I have heard make the whole marketing and buying experience sound a bit overwrought.
Anyway, hope you can find a head. Any chance of airbrush painting a different coloured head to match?
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1739

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023 - Page 31 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023

Post  TrueFan Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:51 am

It's a sign of how much people like the dolls that they put up with the nonsense, I guess.

There are a lot of spare heads floating around out there. If I'm patient, I think I'll get a gray one with a faceup eventually.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11806

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:37 pm

I think it's really sad and frustrating that they say one thing and then do the opposite, when phrases are popping up like 'favoured customer' I think it's quite off putting and really alienates new customers from wanting to access their products. The headless doll picture felt like a good metaphor for how the days leading up to Christmas felt. "Oh it's all pretty and Christmassy but I can't keep my head" Laughing I hope you find the right head for her. I looked up the fat smart dolls and I really like the sculpt on the body.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:47 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:, when phrases are popping up like 'favoured customer' I think it's quite off putting and really alienates new customers from wanting to access their products..
Like when you donate once to some organization and then can never get off their mailing list, and they keep sending you things about how you are one of their "most valuable donors"?  Laughing ...yeah, not really like that.

I watched a video on the "pear body" -- they do look more realistic, and look like they have good proportions when dressed.  Danny Choo was showing how to pose them and I was surprised by how "crunchy" they are!  Then he said, "We actually try our best to discourage people to buy our products as much as possible."  Because everyone likes different things.  Um, OK.

It's the prices that would put off this not-potential-new-customer.  Not just for the dolls but SMH at the prices for clothing.  $83 for a little pair of shorts.  Frigsakes.  I can imagine there's a great market for independent crafters making outfits for them.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1739

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:13 pm

Well I was skeptical about the new curviness of the monster High dolls, but I actually really like that the two I bought have different body shapes, it makes the characters seem more unique and diverse. It is a pain for clothes sharing though, the skirts draculaura came with are both ugly, and they don't fit over her hips so she has to wear them under her armpits or not velcrowed up properly and she can't borrow anyone else's.

That's bad enough on a £30 doll, if you translate that to the prices of smart dolls I imagine it's going to be quite frustrating to source clothes for the curvier dolls.

I've been having a quiet debate in my own head about body types on dolls. I've always been curvy, even as a teenager at my thinest I still had large assets I couldn't hide but I never felt body pressure from dolls specifically- more from peers and media. I know monster highs first dolls got critisied for being too skinny but it kind of worked in a stylised way.

I also like that obitsu gives the option of L/M/S busts, because now my L bust girls can share my pain of never finding appropriate options for tops! The problem with putting a large bust on a kids doll Line is parents tend to think a company is trying to sexulise them, which comes full circle to the problem with society thinking big busted or curvy girls wanted to be sexulised in the first place. So you can make thighs and tummys and hips bigger but God forbid we make the bust bigger.
... we are a ranty forum this month Laughing
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

dargosmydaddy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:11 pm

Rant away. Nothing like a safe space to rant!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:40 am

TrueFan wrote:Rant away. Nothing like a safe space to rant!
That's what I love about coming here!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:04 am

A doll as often as I get around to posting..... 2022-2023 - Page 31 20231221
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

CornflowerBlue likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:47 am

Oh you made the gingerbread house look amazing. Mine came out a mess!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:59 am

It was such a challenge and so time consuming! Then I set it outside on my second floor because it was still a little sticky and it fell into a bush!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:11 am

TrueFan wrote:It was such a challenge and so time consuming! Then I set it outside on my second floor because it was still a little sticky and it fell into a bush!
In to a bush Laughing I'm more impressed now it looks really professional l.
I used a UV light and it kept falling a part and all the gumdrops started slumping down the roof, I only did the roof and then I was so covered in resin I gave up!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31