The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

5 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 Empty A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  TrueFan Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:11 pm

Whoo!
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 Whoo11
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11804

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:56 am

Oh what a cute little fuzz ball!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  Alliecat Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:37 am

Ha ha, cute …does it say “whoo”?
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1737

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:00 pm

Well, owl about that! That li'l fuzzy face is a real hoot!

And Very Happy   for taking on another annual A Doll Whenever I Get Around To It! (Your "whenever" was bordering on "a day" at times this past year!)
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:38 pm

The fuzz ball does not say anything but is super cute! It's an ornament.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:45 pm

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 20240110
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:16 am

Those are deliciously fun decorations! Are Chefs Ken and Barbie condiment shakers?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:22 am

yup, salt and pepper
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:54 am

Oh those are really adorable. Barbie looks like she's judging you if you forget to add seasoning though.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:31 am

It is a particularly "arch" Barbie... and why does Ken make me think of Stan Laurel....? Question
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:32 pm

Alliecat wrote:It is a particularly "arch" Barbie... and why does Ken make me think of Stan Laurel....?  Question
Actually I can see that too!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:08 pm

These were a Christmas gift. I appreciate the thought.
Surprised
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm

TrueFan wrote:These were a Christmas gift. I appreciate the thought.
Surprised
I really like them
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:05 pm

Captain Kirk.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 20240111
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:17 pm

Is that a "vintage" (how can the 1970s be "vintage"?) MEGO Captain Kirk figure?

Is he permanently stationed there on the coffee shelf?

And... a full size communicator? Shocked Is that the one McCoy inadvertently left behind on Sigma Iotia II in "A Piece of the Action?"
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:59 am

This is a vintage Mego Captain Kirk. My original childhood doll went to college with me; this one I bought secondhand somewhere, and he lives at work. (And I have a NRFB repro signed by William Shatner!!)

The communicator is this great Hallmark ornament that flashes and makes communicator noises and has lines from the original cast!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:02 am

TrueFan wrote:(And I have a NRFB repro signed by William Shatner!!)

Okay, I'm having a fanboy meltdown moment! Is that treasure sealed in a safe deposit box, or is it something you can dig out for a photo? Did you actually meet Shatner?

Star Trek figs from childhood heading off to university; action figures at work, and a carded toy signed by The Mighty Shatner himself -- you've got some serious geek cred, girl!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:23 am

Here he is! I did meet Shatner, at a Star Trek convention in Chicago. I didn't pay for a photo but the autograph was included. I bought the figure at a vendor booth at the con.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 20240112

Here's my whole crew - I had Spock, McCoy and Kirk as a kid, and bought Scotty and Uhura as an adult collector.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 20240113

I've been a Star Trek fan a long long time, and an unabashed strange kid my whole life. Kirk sat on my chest of drawers and I made him little books to match whatever I was studying that semester.

I was lucky enough to see Shatner and Nimoy at a con and no matter what anyone says about their rivalry, they were amazing and hilarious together. I saw Shatner after Nimoy died and you can tell that man is still very much with it. Very quick with responses to fans.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

davidd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:19 am

Oh, wow! Thank you for sharing the pics and the additional details!

It looks like, in the brief video clips I've seen, that Shatner and Nimoy had a genuine chemistry when they appeared together at Cons. I suspect much of the "rivalry" was media hype.

I continue to watch "The Unexplained" on television mostly for Shatner's introductions and segues. (I was a weird kid, too; I loved watching the old "Ripley's Believe It or Not" TV show for Jack Palance's in-between segments. I'm not sure, now, why I never became a fan of Nimoy's "In Search Of" series.)

The autographed "Star Trek" figure is a genuine treasure, as is having seen The Legends in person.

Do you still have any of the miniature textbooks you made for Captain Kirk back in Stardate 0980.20?

Last edited by davidd on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:40 am

A fun collection!
I think I remember seeing Library Kirk.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:24 pm

I probably do still have some of the textbooks I made, somewhere. Along with the little room I made for the dolls when I was a kid (including sewing pillows and blankets!). It was sort of a diorama.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm

Alice and a stylish cactus.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 20240115
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:31 pm

She's being awfully polite to that cactus and he's being a bit prickly! Such a cute figure. And major geek cred on the star trek figures! Especially the signed one. That's pretty cool.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:29 am

Okay, you're totally going full-on geekfest (as Geekdom was in MY generation) following the Star Trek figures with Disney Alice.

In the years before Disney began heavily promoting the "Disney Princess" angle, it seemed like a lot of Disney fans... okay, mostly guy fans, at least that I was aware of... went through a phase in their "early adulthood" where they were mildly to moderately obsessed with Disney Alice. Mostly it was the overall visual design and because she was so "pretty." Then, around the time I was getting in to doll and toy photography, I began to notice a lot of female collectors discussing various versions of Alice in Wonderland; not just the Disney version, altho' that was often a starting point, but various illustrations from versions of the books over the years.

I imagine you are not allowed a lot of "play time"while at work, but having your workspace populated by "pop culture favorites" must help during some of those days when you'd rather be someplace else. Altho' I'd also guess that being a librarian is mostly pretty interesting and at times quite fun.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:44 am

Hahaha! Senor Cactus is a hoot! He looks like a fun souvenir from somewhere... fun.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next