The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

5 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:43 pm

I don't remember Alan Rickman in Lord of the rings. Cool collection! Maybe I will read the books again. Its been a while.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:57 pm

You can just see the top of Harry's head behind Frodo. (One of the Frodos.) And there are tiny dueling Hermione and Ron too.

I realize I missed the Star Trek pig so I'm adding a photo just for it.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 20240123
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11811

http://www.puddlestyle.com

davidd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:26 pm

Star Trek pig is hilarious!

"Ahead, pork factor six, Mister Sooey!"

"Oink oink, Captain!"
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:46 am

We used to get all kinds of weird and useless crap from a business that would take donations from businesses and then make the donations available to nonprofit organizations. We had boxes of unpainted wooden pigs, so we did a Superhero Pigs painting event at our comicfest.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:49 pm

Superhero pig painting is a brilliant idea to use up wooden pigs. A star trek pig is funny.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:38 pm

My two work Dals.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 20240124
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:46 am

Oh, they're lovely!! They both suit their outfits so well. And those brown eyechips are such a nice, soothing color!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 153

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 am

I like the blue & green hair. Makes them look like they should be sisters.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:12 pm

Two "work Dals?" Laughing

That's great! "Just find the fun and 'snap,' the job's a game!"

I suppose the Dals need to work in pairs to stand out among all the other toys at the so-called "job site."

All these "toys at werk" pix are making me re-think my lifetime of poor career choices, and wondering if I had applied better "coping mechanisms" might I have been less prone to making unwise decisions based on frustration.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:39 pm

Glacier Ice (Milch) and Pistachio (Lizbel). The brown chips are from Sage.

We are packing up and moving in two months, so all of these will be coming down soon. Not sure what will be staying in my new office and what will be coming home.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:41 pm

"What are you, Dr. Frankenstein?"
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 20240125

Tea head on gray body Smile
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Oh it's so cool to see your work dolls. I really love how they are so similar but so different. It's cool but odd to see a different coloured head on a grey body. The quality of outfits on your smart dolls never ceases to impress me though. Tea head sounds like someone who drinks too much tea Laughing
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 pm

TrueFan wrote:
We are packing up and moving in two months, so all of these will be coming down soon. Not sure what will be staying in my new office and what will be coming home.

The entire library is moving? Does it need to, or is this one of those "the government has tons of money to spend" not-really-necessary undertakings?

Playing mix-and-match with Smart Dolls! Just like Pinky Street, only bigger!

So you found a grey body?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:42 pm

CatDragonStorm: most of my Smart Doll outfits are from the same etsy seller, jodiecreations. Simple but elegant stuff. Tea Head DOES sound like someone who drinks too much tea.
Surprised
davidd: We are actually getting a brand new library building, funded by donations and a grant from the state of Illinois. We are woefully in need; our current building is too small for the population we serve. It's stressful but exciting.

I did find a gray body, but have not yet acquired a gray head. I actually did buy another secondhand tea body after I bought the tea relentless head, but it has not arrived yet. Relentless is my favorite. I had cocoa, blue, and cinnamon, so now I'll have tea also!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:32 pm

TrueFan wrote: I did find a gray body, but have not yet acquired a gray head. I actually did buy another secondhand tea body after I bought the tea relentless head, but it has not arrived yet.

My brain is not working properly today. I was thinking you had a grey head and were searching for a body, but it's the other way 'round.

I'm delighted to learn about the "tea" body that's on the way! I really like my tea-toned Smart Doll. She photographs well.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:51 am

CatDragonStorm wrote: It's cool but odd to see a different coloured head on a grey body.
So, um, would that make her, like, an Earl Grey Tea...? confused
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:40 pm

Or maybe Lady Grey tea? I'm definitely a tea head!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:05 pm

[quote="Alliecat"]
CatDragonStorm wrote: So, um, would that make her, like, an Earl Grey Tea...?  confused
hahahahahaha
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:11 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:Or maybe Lady Grey tea? I'm definitely a tea head!
I didn't know there was a Lady Grey tea, I don't think. Of course makes sense.
I'm an avid herbal-tea-head Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:25 pm

I can't stop thinking of her as Earl Grey Tea.

These guys are cute, I can imagine getting addicted.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 3 20240126
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:05 am

I like the extraterrestrial sweater! But it's probably too small to borrow for a different fig, huh?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:20 am

It might fit a mini, although it would be big
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:08 am

Omg! Lady Grey is better from time to time than an Earl Grey but I do enjoy both as a treat from time to time. What are those little figures? Their outfits are really sweet!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:44 am

They really are cute.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:32 am

They are Extra Mini Mini Barbies. I got one at my doll club party gift exchange and bought the other on Amazon. Have not seen them in stores.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next