The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023

+3
CatDragonStorm
TrueFan
Alliecat
7 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 Empty Re: davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023

Post  davidd Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:25 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote:I think with the rising cost of fossil fuel, a lump of coal is really an investment for the future!

This could be true! Or else, a lump of coal could become contraband, and the Climate Police will lock up anyone found possessing coal.

27 December - A Doll A Day 2023:

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 53424602214_9cb1828f30
27 December - A Doll A Day 2023
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:41 pm

davidd wrote:
CatDragonStorm wrote:I think with the rising cost of fossil fuel, a lump of coal is really an investment for the future!

This could be true! Or else, a lump of coal could become contraband, and the Climate Police will lock up anyone found possessing coal.
You strike me as the type that would end up on the Rebel list anyway! Possibly for the mucus.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:00 pm

davidd wrote:Or else, a lump of coal could become contraband, and the Climate Police will lock up anyone found possessing coal.
Haha, right along with those still driving gas-powered cars.  Our clown show just announced they want all new cars sold in Canada to be electric by 2035.  The 130,000ish NB Power customers who were part of the historic-record outage a couple weeks ago, and especially the 300ish still without, rejoiced.

Don't get me wrong, we've messed up the planet and it will probably get worse because not enough people care about "living lightly on the earth".  But the governmental hand-wringing and "this is for your good" policies and taxes aren't really helping, in my opinion.

CatDragonStorm wrote:
You strike me as the type that would end up on the Rebel list anyway! Possibly for the mucus.
The housesit cats are wondering what I'm laughing about.
(I was going to say "snorted about" but then we might get back to the mucus discussion.)
Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:51 pm

Alliecat wrote:Our clown show just announced they want all new cars sold in Canada to be electric by 2035.

"Zero emissions."

Because the electricity just magically appears out of thin air with no environmental degradation.

Because the installation of electrical infrastructure causes no environmental degradation.

Because the mining and refining and transportation of "rare earth minerals" to manufacture batteries and solar panels (in China) causes no environmental degradation.

Because the mining and refining of copper and iron to construct new infrastructure causes no environmental degradation.

Why... it's wonderful! It's almost like magic!

And Canada must be way better than the U.S. as far as infrastructure goes. Everybody can plug in and charge their electric vehicle for practically free! While I, living in the third-world hellhole of the U.S., will pop a circuit breaker if I run the microwave oven and a space heater at the same time.

Okay, so... I know a guy, a relative, who makes buckets of money in the IT field. A couple or three years ago he had solar panels installed on his house in Las Vegas, where there's plenty of sunshine. Ever since, he has been gloating about how his utility bill is almost zero no matter how much power he uses. However, I've visited said relatives a number of times. The house is hot and stuffy if the weather is hot, and it is chilly inside if the weather is cold. I have heard his kids and his spouse ask him to turn up the heat or the a/c, yet he will not allow them to do it, muttering something about the cost.

Question

He was briefly talking about purchasing an electric vehicle when it was time to replace his existing vehicle, "because it will cost me nothing to charge it." Instead, this past summer he replaced his mid-sized Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck with a ginormous Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel truck.

I guess maybe he saves so much money by not paying electric bills, and he saves the planet to such an extent by loading his roof with solar panels, that it offsets the cost and the environmental impact of the noisy, smoke-belching diesel truck.

I believe one of our forum members here is familiar with noisy, smoke-belching diesel heavy equipment. How many electric vehicles does the contractor next door have in his fleet? My guess is approximately zero. Yet, increasingly, articles I read are now claiming, without evidence, that the mining operations in exotic foreign lands where the "rare earth minerals" are extracted, countries that most of us have no realistic way to visit to see for ourselves, are using "electric vehicles" to excavate and transport the ores. The most backward countries on the planet, where children are scrabbling through the dirt with wicker baskets gathering up cobalt-bearing dirt clods, somehow have electric-powered vehicles with capabilities that even Elon Musk says are still well in the distant future.

Seems to me that rather than a blanket ban on gas-powered cars (or ICE - Internal Combustion Engine - vehicles, to use currently trendy media vernacular), why not require ALL new residential and industrial construction to install solar panels? I mean... from what I hear, the power is practically free, and "zero emissions" as well. If governments cared about "the environment," mandating solar, which would add a relatively nominal amount to the cost of an entire house (now that new houses cost $500,000 and up), would make a lot more sense than a blanket ban on the primary transportation technology that has been in place world-wide for well over a century. It would cost less and offer a greater environmental benefit.

Oh well... yay for Canada for being a Magical Wonderland of Magical Wonderfulness for All! And California, too; they have the same "2035 Rule" in place.

Let's all move there, to Canada and California, and live in a Utopia of free clean energy where we will never again have to listen to a noisy diesel engine roaring to life at 5am or breathe in soot-laden smog.

Funny that even in Canada, "emergency vehicles" will be exempt from the "zero emissions" requirements. The Gestapo must retain their mobility... to track down the hoarders squirreling away coal from their Christmas stockings.

When are people going to figure out that "climate change" has nothing to do with the climate or the environment and everything to do with social control?

Never.

28 December - A Doll A Day 2023:

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 53426490673_e23e34cd6a
28 December - A Doll A Day 2023

davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:01 pm

davidd wrote:

When are people going to figure out that "climate change" has nothing to do with the climate or the environment and everything to do with social control?

When they stop taking all the drugs they legalised probably Smile
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

davidd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:42 am

CatDragonStorm wrote:
davidd wrote:

We are living on the cusp of a low-budget sci-fi movie about a dystopian future, except for real, aren't we?
confused

29 December - A Doll A Day 2023:

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 53428574000_6984fc1ddc
29 December - A Doll A Day 2023
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Everything in 1984 was the truth!
I need that sword! Pointy pointy, shiny shiny!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:18 am

I want solar panels if WHEN I get a new house.  In this climate with the number of power outages we have, it would be nice to move a little more toward self-sufficiency.  Or at least, lower power bills and maybe some backup.  
And yes, give me a discount from the builder for putting them in.  Or provide them for free.  I'm sure the cost of one of Prime Minister Trudolph's private-plane junkets would easily cover several installations.  WITH batteries.

I thought about your ginormous-truck-driving guy this afternoon, when I got stuck behind another ginormous truck that was belching literal black clouds of smoke, BIG really BLACK clouds, out of its ginormous tailpipe.  Dude must really be trying to compensate for something, trying that hard for attention.  

Maybe some day if we don't totally trash the planet first, there will be widespread infrastructure for electric cars.  But in this climate...  Nope for me.  I can see getting stuck somewhere on the road too.  What kind of a road trip is it if you have to stop every 300km (or whatever it is) and sit for an hour or 2 to charge your car.  
If you live in a city, it could be a good thing.
I do not want to live in a city.

Hey, in that long treatise you never even mentioned all the stories of electric cars catching fire!!  Laughing

CatDragonStorm wrote:
...and then there's the ones they made people take...
Oh wait
Wrong rant
Razz

I need to read 1984.  I thought I had.  Maybe ages ago before it was so relevant, but I don't really remember.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:50 pm

Alliecat wrote:
...and then there's the ones they made people take...
Oh wait
Wrong rant
Razz

That rant is never wrong or out of place as far as I am concerned. Indeed, I could expound upon the concept by bringing up how nearly everybody went along with it; indeed, they complied gleefully, because it gave them an opportunity to rat out their neighbors and friends for daring to step foot outside after curfew or not wearing a mask. And the police actually arrested people for this, while letting... no, I'm not gonna go off on this. Not now, at least.

In addition to 1984 (which maybe I should re-read, too, because it's been since forever ago; I thought the book was a "warning," not a "template" for the future), you might want to try wading through the ginormous romantic potboiler of a novel, Atlas Shrugged, which, while often maligned by "progressive thinkers," seems to also have been uncannily prescient in its descriptions of government + industry in league to secure all the wealth of the world. (It's pretty outdated in many respects, though; particularly on the emphasis on railroads as still being a major transportation and industrial force.)

30 December - A Doll A Day 2023:

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 53431112121_2e5822a85e
30 December - A Doll A Day 2023
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Are we talking covid vaccines? I didn't get it, I was pregnant at the time and refused much to my mother's dismay. Now a lot of women who got it when pregnant are reporting abnormalities and complications. My family thinks I'm anti-vax but I'm not, my kids have had all their vaccines except covid and flu. I'm anti- stringent testing before we force people to put things in their body and I feel no one should ever be forced to put something in their body they don't want to. We had something in my country called clap for carers, where everyone came outside once a week and clapped because the carers were doing such a good job, yet they didn't raise their wages or give them much needed time off, nah just a round of applause. Then they paid the nurses £500 bonus, but taxed them and said the £500 put them over the earning threshold and cancelled all their benefits, making them worse of financially than if they hadn't received the bonus. Oh and they also slapped DNR (do not resuscitate) certificates on people without their consent so they didn't have to waste time trying to save peoples life, they could just let them die instead.
I might read atlas shrugged, it sounds interesting. I asked for Frankenstein for Christmas because I have never read it.

P.s. she looks lovely in Grey.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:49 pm

CatDragonStorm wrote: I'm anti- stringent testing before we force people to put things in their body ...

I asked for Frankenstein for Christmas because I have never read it.

Exactly!

You know, I've not read the original 1818 Frankenstein novel, either. That sounds like a worthwhile intention to add to a 2024 Goals List.

31 December - A Doll A Day 2023:

davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 53432165192_bfeec31df2
31 December - A Doll A Day 2023
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:58 am

CatDragonStorm wrote:I'm anti- stringent testing before we force people to put things in their body and I feel no one should ever be forced to put something in their body they don't want to. .
THISSSS.
(I think you mean 'pro' -stringent testing...)
The standard argument is that "SO many doctors and scientists worked on this, don't you trust their expertise and do you think you know more than they do?"
...to which I say, I don't care how many people worked on it, it was still just a year, and you can fast-track the research, and the government approval (they sure did THAT) and the distribution, but you can't fast-track human physiology.  
Lots of drugs that had years of development get pulled from the market years after approval, because something adverse showed up.
It took 5 years for them to figure out thalidomide.
And a generation for diethylstilbestrol.
DDT was safe and effective, and there were cigarette brands most smoked by doctors.
Not to mention one of the major players here "got lucky" with covid to save their company from impatient investors, and the other once paid the biggest criminal fine in U.S. history for fraudulent marketing.
I'll wait and see, thank you very much.

I know someone who got the juice while pregnant, and the baby was at death's door for months.  They didn't know if she would survive at all, went through a fazillion tests genetic and otherwise, and they never figured out what was wrong with her.  She is doing OK now, aside from having a lot of allergies.  Coincidence does not prove cause.  But at some point you have to ask how many coincidences it takes before you start investigating IF there's a cause.

Did your carers get kicked out of their jobs if they refused?  Over here in some places it was going outside and banging pots & pans in support of nurses & doctors, but once they questioned or refused the jab, it was heroes-to-zeroes.  You can look up the National Citizens' Inquiry to hear about how Canada dealt with covid.  
And when they went jab-or-job for all federal and provincial government-department employees, those of us who decided a government does not get to tell us what does and doesn't go into our bodies got kicked to the curb and treated like lepers.  Oh well.  "If they don't want me, soddem."  

*takes deep breath
*curtails rant
Sorry for the hijack, davidd davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2023 - Page 24 83960

I've heard of "Atlas Shrugged" but know nothing about it.  There are things I think I "ought to read" that just feel like the homework assignments you looked for excuses not to do in school... like I think if I read the "Great Reset" and the other one before it I'd probably know more about its author than probably 80% of the people that are hollering about him, but that really feels like homework drudgery.  I have things I neeeed to read, like the book on buying & selling houses that's been sitting for months and didn't even get opened on the house-sit, and one on investing.  Instead my reading time goes to scrolling through real estate listings.  And what did I just pick up at the mainland library to try to re-start some reading time?  Meat Loaf's autobiography and "I Could Pee On This" -- poems by cats.  Laughing

Anywho... we were here to talk about dolls....  lol!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:51 pm

Alliecat wrote:
*takes deep breath
*curtails rant
Sorry for the hijack, davidd

No one need ever apologize for hijacking any of my topics with a rant; even less so if I agree with every word.

Now if only people would realize that much of the "climate change" legislation is similar to the COVID legislation: it is about social control and transferring wealth, not about "saving the environment."

Even NASA are lying sacks of shi... errr... even NASA is disingenuous, still repeating the "97% of scientists agree" line, as in this recent bulletin:

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

... when that statistic was completely debunked back in 2015, nearly a decade ago; in fact, that statistic was a complete fabrication, a lie, by Barack Obama:

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/putting-the-con-in-consensus-not-only-is-there-no-97-per-cent-consensus-among-climate-scientists-many-misunderstand-core-issues

Following the success of COVID policy, governments are now secure in the knowledge that most people will submit to any level of oppression or control if "fear" and "safety" are leveraged as tools of persuasion.

"The Great Reset?" Oh, you mean Klaus Schwab? A friend in Australia was telling me about Schwab starting several years ago, long before he appeared on the cultural radar in North America. Schwab managed to fly under the radar, probably because his minions managed to keep his economic and social meddling under wraps. The guy is literally a Nazi. Well, he was born in Nazi Germany in 1938, so he would have been a very young Nazi. But his parents actually moved to, not from, Nazi Germany in the 1930s to oversee business and industry for Hitler's Reich. That's the mindset this guy was raised with. His hubris is so extreme that he literally wrote several books, including "The Great Reset" and "The Great Narrative," about how to take over the world... and he has then proceeded to do just that. The dude is like a real life movie super-villain.

I should probably read his books, too, so I know what's coming.

What a delightful discussion with which to wrap up a crappy year before embarking on yet another crappy year.

Very Happy
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down