The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 11 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:52 pm

More adventures.
Kids got a Toniebox as a gift from my mum. All the dolls were dancing.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240148
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240147
All tired out after all that dancing.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240149
Rebel and Scruffles go on an adventure. I think they're a bit unsure about heights. Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240150
Scruffles takes all the paw patrol pups on a boat ride.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240151
Emily hangs out on the bookshelf. She looks like she's all dressed up for a birthday party. The more I look at the crochet skirt, the more I think of goldfish scales.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240152
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240153
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 843

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:31 pm

Emily looks amazing!

I had to play paw patrol with my nephew's stepdaughter at Thanksgiving and I was totally at a loss.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:17 pm

Emily’s outfit really suits her.
I had to look up “Toniebox”. The doll dance party sounds fun.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:52 pm

It's interesting with paw patrol because my two don't particularly like the cartoon but so many kids products or YouTube shows festure them, they've learnt all the characters without ever actually watching it. The blue toniebox was actually faulty so now they have a red one instead. I'm hoping it's going to be quite encouraging to get them listening to audiobooks. It's certainly getting them playing in their room more and away from the TV.

Emily really does look amazing. A little bit of summer colour in the winter bleakness.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:19 pm

Wrestling is only a part time job when you've also got a farm to run. Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240154
Pups take a train ride.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240156
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240155
Alice plays with tiny iron man and so does big iron man. While I download black Sabbath's iron man to the toniebox. Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240158
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240157
Magenta takes a ride in a pocket.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240159
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240160
Barbie and Kathleen take Abcynthia out to dinner. We don't have "no shirt, no shoes. No service" signs in the uk. Maybe we should. Kathleen needs a bath and Abcynthia needs a hairbrush!
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240161
The Queen of Hearts, Ebony Hart in the snow. Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240163
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240162
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:38 pm

I like the farm pic, with the tractor in the far distant background suggesting an area of vast size.

There's even what I think is part of a plushie next to the tractor, but it looks like one of those big rolls of straw or hay that are bundled up in the fields.

Fun series of "real life" toys being played with pics!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:00 am

You see I wasn't looking at the picture objectively either! I know it's a bear paw so I wouldn't have thought of it as a bail of hay! The bear in question is a great big plush called Magnus bear. He's been with me since I was a baby and is now very floppy.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:22 am

Hahaha, well now even I could tell that was a bear paw Laughing
I laughed at the "no shirt, no shoes" pic.
How much snow did you get? Do you normally get much?
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:15 pm

I love toys playing with smaller/bigger versions of themselves.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:14 pm

TrueFan wrote:I love toys playing with smaller/bigger versions of themselves.
me too. I wonder how many different sized ironmen (ironmans?) I could get away with before it got ridiculous
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:34 am

CatDragonStorm wrote:I wonder how many different sized ironmen (ironmans?) I could get away with before it got ridiculous
Ha. There is your photo challenge – a regression of Ironmen  Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:14 am

Now that is a Challenge! Also I just realised I didn't answer your previous question about snow. So the weather here has been absolutely "end of days" mental. It snowed really heavy for 2 days straight and was so deep no one could get their cars out. Delivery men got stuck trying to deliver us a bed and had to get dug out then drive across the grass. The next day it went ridiculously hot and all the snow disappeared with out a trace over night. Then we were hit by two storms one after the other and left without power. One of the reasons my posting here has been less and quite sporadic. I stocked the fridge and the freezer when I knew we were getting snow and then had to throw half of it in the bin when the power was out for so long. So it's been a long skint miserable few weeks of eating mostly dried goods. I did make my own bread one if the days we had power though. So that was a first.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:12 am

Ooh, wow. Sounds like you're getting a snowpocalypse. Weather is crazy everywhere. Record breaking deep freeze out west, and then we had 3 severe gales in a row, and my friend in Tennessee describes the sort of up-and-down that you had. Sorry you lost a bunch of food -- that sucks, especially if your grocery prices are going as nutz as ours are.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:41 pm

I knew January was going to be a long tight month so it was mixed emotions because I have been good at pre-planning and haven't done any excess spending, so I'm proud of myself for that but frustrated that the weather set some of that back in terms of groceries. Being without power was a bit miserable but also I think a good opportunity to create some fun for the kids.
More adventures from around the house.
Last picture of the porcelain dolls before they go back up to the loft.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240164
The other Alice enjoys a new shelf, out of reach of sticky fingers. Even dolls need a break sometimes.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240165
A wrestling match on a tippy trailer while the Tony box plays some entrance music. The little red tonie has been christened "Rojo man."
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240166
Rojo man (red) and wakey Man(blue) ride in a police car.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240167
A MGA fantasy friends doll who I have called Lialac Moon. These were released before rainbow high and I can see a lot of similarities in some of the designs. There's an orange one who looks like and exact baby version of poppy rainbow high but I don't own either.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240169
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240168
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:34 pm

I like the pic of the "nice dolls" up on the high shelf near the ceiling.

And Pullip Alice "taking a break" to watch the mayhem from a safe perch! Laughing
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:41 pm

I can totally see the resemblance with RH and that Fantasy Friends doll. She's so cute, like a baby!
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 155

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:24 am

Rainbow High and LOL Surprise had a baby Laughing Cute.
I like the tallest porcelain doll -- she's pretty.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:17 pm

OK here are some stock photos to show you what I mean. The first time I saw Alliecat's poppy Rainbow high I thought they were the same toy line like how lol also has omg. Cat's Dolls - Page 11 Screen16
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 Screen15
3y/o asked me why the baby has boobs *facepalm* she doesn't really she just has a bikini top but one of my friends won't buy her kids lol dolls because she feels they are sexulised babies and I sort of see her point. I still wish I had bought more fantasy friends when they were discounted but there were only a handful of the designs I wanted and ya-know blind bags!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:57 am

Wow, a baby Poppy!  Smile
So I googled, and I found, "Product Description: Rainbow High Fantasy Friends are the adorable mini-dolls that spit slime."
First part of the sentence, I'm thinking "Aw, how cute."
End of sentence: "What??  Eww."
Not a fan of blind bags either, and the current fad for small "surprise" toys in ridiculous amounts of throwaway packaging makes me steam.  People don't even pretend to care about creating tons of waste (and teaching kids it's OK).  [insert rant]   Mad
I recall reading that there was a heated debate about some of the LOL toys.

Also, I really want that gown!!  I don't do duplicate dolls and don't want to get a second expensive Poppy.  I have a look at eBay now and then.

(Edit: my quick google led to Aliexpress links for PEOPLE-SIZED Monarch butterfly shirts/dresses/etc.  UH OH.)
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Yea I was mixed on them even at the time I bought them. It was one of those toys that you put water in their heads and shook them and then they produce some pretty coloured slime. It was fun and gimmicky but also "what are we actually trying to teach kids with this?" And also "what the hell kinda gunk is now left in my dolls head?" The packaging was the biggest put off. It didn't close again properly and I remember the giant perfume bottle just taking up annoying space around the house for ages, like what do I even use this for??
When I collected LOLs for a while I fell into the same problem with the capsules and now I'm falling in to it again with the make it minis.
Here we have 2 bins green- general waste. Blue- recycling. There is a big outcry here because they want to reduce the size of the green bin but they won't put the size of the blue bins up and half the recycling only ends up in the green bin because the blue is full. The Scottish government also spent millions on a plastic bottle recycling scheme. Built loads of buildings and machines in all the supermarket car parks and then scrapped the whole idea so now all the buildings are just sitting gathering dust instead of plastic. Its like they are grappling at (plastic) straws when it comes to recycling.
Any way back on the topic of dolls. Think how cool it would be if you had a butterfly dress and so did your dolls and you could do regression of the Monarch butterflies. You can pick those fantasy friends dolls up pretty cheap on ebay now without the packaging but I can't say I was particularly tempted.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:47 pm

We need to return to using glass, aluminum, and paper, and charging deposits you get back when you return the bottles/cans/packaging.
*thanks for coming to my TED talk*
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:52 pm

TrueFan wrote:We need to return to using glass, aluminum, and paper, and charging deposits you get back when you return the bottles/cans/packaging.
*thanks for coming to my TED talk*
Ted talks but does he listen?
That was supposed to be the point of the bottle return scheme. You paid an extra 20p per bottle and got it back in supermarket vouchers when your recycled them. But it angered some people that they weren't getting the deposit back in cash. I went to a wholefoods once that did refillable glass jars to fill with food but it was quite expensive and I can see it potentially being a hygiene issue. People are gross!

Adventures from around the house time.
Was doing the clean laundry and found this guy peeking out. Tried not to think of the episode of Thomas when they brick up the engine in the tunnel!
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240176

Draculaura looking fabulous on top of the cabinet.Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240177
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240178

Draculaura and Hypnotica had a tea party. But then Gengar showed up on a white horse and wrecked everything!Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240179
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240180
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240181

May I present you the "I was in the middle of doing something with this before I had to put it down shelf"
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240182
Twyla gets ready for a reroot.
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240188

I have been trying to do the looping technique. Where you loop one hair plug through the next abit like crochet. It's fiddly. I broke 2 cheap needles before I gave up and used one of my Grans expensive ones. It took me 2 days just to get to this point so it's going to be a long process.Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240185

And finally Hypnotica took Rebel for a walk and to the park. We had nice but very cold weather yesterday and now we are back to a storm today so I'm glad we all got out for some fresh air. I tried to recreate Hypnoticas original hairstyle. That was also quite fiddly but it came out quite well. I'm understanding the use of lots of product when they are in the box!Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240187
Cat's Dolls - Page 11 20240186

Thanks for watching. Tune in next time for more around the house adventures!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:12 pm

Wow, a reroot, impressive.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 pm

TrueFan wrote:Wow, a reroot, impressive.
Eep impressive, daunting... I don't know we will see if I pull it off or not. I'm a bit worried I didn't order enough hair.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:29 am

I wonder if they had the same problem there as they may have here, with the recycling plans falling apart because there isn't the market/profit in it.  I think it's sometimes just more expensive to truck stuff somewhere to recycle, and "they" don't get their investment back out of it.
We can only recycle beverage bottles (you pay 10c and get 5c back, although many people just donate them to various charities), and corrugated cardboard IF it doesn't have a shiny surface.  Fine paper, newspaper, plastic, tin cans... all go in the trash.  I grumble every time I throw something like that away.  This island is the laughing stock of NB according to one village councillor, because this stuff is recyclable on the mainland.  They used to have drop-off depots in grocery/Walmart parking lots, and I'd save up stuff for a while if I knew I was going away, but then they got rid of them all with more curbside pickups.  On the nearby-NB house-sits I took a trunkload of shredded paper and stuff and filled the houses' bins on pickup day Laughing  They've been trying to add more recycling options here for years, but they just don't seem to get it done.  They have managed to divert a lot of lobster trap wire and rope to commercial recycling programs, which is good, but the household programs just aren't there  Sad

Bulk Barn in Canada will let you bring your own jars; somehow they keep track of what they weighed when you brought them in, and if I lived near one I'd do that.  Instead I wind up bringing home more little plastic bags that aren't the right size for my compost bucket and annoy me till I've used them up!

Ew, yes, gunk in the doll's head would be very unappealing!  I suppose it would dry up with time....

Oh boy, a re-root.  I've only done one, and it was somewhat meditative once I got the hang of it.  Although thanks to un-fun Life Stuff I think it might've been nearly a year till she was done.  What is the reason for looping one plug through the next; does it make it more secure or ...?  I just tied a little knot in each one and threaded it through.  Are you working with wet hair?  Will be interesting to see how she turns out.

The green grass along with that winter sunshine looks very nice.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next