The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls Empty Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:03 pm

I thought I would give you an introduction to my collection before I end up overwhelming the forum with random topics. When I first started out I was writing picture fiction, it was called 'lost in pullipland' and the basic premise was that Alice had never come to wonderland when she was supposed to, leaving wonderland in chaos. So the wonderland characters begin showing up in the 'real' world to look for her.
Pullips
Cat's Dolls 2022-114
Lilly
Lilly is a small town girl trying to make her way in the world. She has an older brother called Kiro. She is a kind caring girl and can play piano beautifully. She makes money by taking odd jobs until she works out what she eventually wants to do. She was pullip xiao fan and my first custom but I want happy with the face I gave her so I sent her to 'red bean customs'

Cat's Dolls 2022-115
Echo
Echo's family descended from Egyptian cat gods and all have feline tendencies. She went to school with Lilly and the two have been best friends since childhood. She tends to dream big but achieve little. She is a skilled guitar player and song writer however when her record deal turned out to be fake she moved in with Lilly and now makes money busking. She also has an interest in photography.
She is pullip My melody, partially customised by an unknown. Cat's Dolls 2022-116
M'aidez
Maidez is a very clumsy fairy. After several accidents the queen of the fairies told her she was having her wings revoked and would have to live with the humans until she could better control her magic and help at least 3 people. She is pullip zuora with slight modification- green eye-shadow.
Cat's Dolls 2022-117
Ebony Heart
Ebony is the queen of hearts and current ruler of wonderland. In order to protect wonderland and her dynasty, her mother removed her heart and hid it. As such Ebony is incapable of feeling true love. The closest she comes is the deep affection she has for her ward Luna. When she crosses from wonderland to the real world her lack of a heart makes her very weak and she is unable to walk far without aid of a wheelchair. She is a modified pullip lunatic queen.
Cat's Dolls Screen10
Isabella
Isabella is a wild steampunk inventor. When her airship was sucked into a violent storm she lost her crew and crash landed in the real world where she was discovered by Luna. She now takes board with Ebony and Luna in return for house work and general maintenance. She is a modified pullip Eos.
Cat's Dolls 2022-118
Effery
Effery came to me from my friend Jemm. I am a little unsure of her character or role yet. She studied counselling and I imagine she will either become teacher or Au pair to at least one of the Dal's. She is pullip bloody red hood.
Cat's Dolls 2022-119
Alice
Alice lives with her grandmother after she lost her family and home in a fire. She runs the local bakery providing the other dolls with sweet treats. She is pullip Romantic Alice (pink).

Cat's Dolls 2022-120
Hypnotica
Hypnotica is an honorary pullip but really a begoth doll on an obitsu. She is married to Sid who she met when she was a barmaid and he was a dishwasher. She now runs a shop and salon called 'the hypnotic boutique.' Sid's little sister Ash lives with them.

Taeyangs
Cat's Dolls 2022-121
Toki Galen
Toki is the white rabbit and the first wonderlandian to arrive in the 'real world' however he is found unconscious by Lilly with no real memory of who he is or where he came from. In wonderland he is servant to the Queen of hearts. He is taeyang lunatic rabbit.
Cat's Dolls 2022-122
Kiro
Kiro is Lilly's older brother. He used to work in the police force but after a series of blunders he lost his job and now sits arround playing video games. He is fiercely and annoyingly protective of Lilly. He is a custom by me, I think he was once taeyang William.
Cat's Dolls 2022-123
Sid
Sid started life as a scrubbing brush when I didn't have many characters. He fell in love with Hypnotica and the two were condemned by the council of Goths for their inter-doll romance. He was then cursed to remain as a scrubbing brush until M'aidez unknowingly broke his curse and he was returned to his taeyang form. His parents were very middle class and wanted two darling children 'Sidney and Ashley' but both children rebelled against their parents dysfunctional relationship and when his Dad left and his mum began drinking more, him and Hypnotica took custody of his little sister Ash. He is a full custom by me but used to be taeyang Horizon.

Cat's Dolls 20230519
Indigo Sapphire
Indigo is founder of the Sapphire trading company, where he and his late wife would sail in search of fine goods to sell and trade, this made him quite wealthy. He has a young Daughter- Violet. Unfortunately his wife, Violets mother died when she was quite young and he has become very protective of her ever since.
Dals
Cat's Dolls 2022-124
Ash
Never call her Ashley! Ash is Sid's little sister, she ran away to live with Sid as she couldn't handle her parents dysfunctional relationship. She has a very strong relationship with Sid and his wife Hypnotica. She is the trouble maker but is very loyal to her friends. She quickly takes Emily under her wing.
She is Dal Edge, with different eyechips and a dyed wig.
Cat's Dolls 2022-125
Emily
Emily is an orphan and lives in the local orphanage, her mother worked as a Maid in the Lidell house but was killed in the horrible fire. The orphanage forces the children to work for their food. Until she met Ash her only Friend was a stuffed rabbit called 'Mr. Bunbun.' She is Dal monomono.
Cat's Dolls 2022-126
Luna
Luna is daughter of the Mad hatter and was sent to work for the queen of hearts. She has a very close relationship with her mistress Ebony and cares for her by making her special wonderland tea, which gives her mistress strength. She is so full of wonderland nonsense that she only speaks in rhymes or riddles. Ebony is the only one who can make sense of this whimsical little girl.
She used to be Dal monomono but after I did a horrible job of trying to carve cheek dimples (big hole!!) I sent her to be customized by a friend, then I re-did her face.
Cat's Dolls Dsc04415
Violet Sapphire
Violet is the only daughter of Indigo Sapphire. Her mother died when she was only 7 and since then her father has been very protective. She is schooled at home and rarely gets to leave the house. She is very shy and her only Friend is her turtle George. She dreams of bigger things and longs to spend time outside.

I also have a taeyang captain hook and isul mad hatter who are not pictured because I have not finished working on their characters yet.
I previously owned pullip Elizabeth, pullip rovam and isul hednar all of which have now been sold.
Thank you for reading!

Last edited by CatDragonStorm on Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm; edited 26 times in total
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 824

Back to top Go down

Cat's Dolls Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  TrueFan Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:41 pm

Beautiful collection!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11796

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearls Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:21 pm

Very nice collection! Your dolls are so unique and their backstories and personalities are so interesting, too. I hope we'll see rest of the gang soon!
Pearls
Pearls
Regular
Regular

Female
Number of posts : 57

http://muovihelmet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:32 pm

Thank you both. I hope to get back to writing stories again eventually but I don't know if I ever will! There's a great big story in this head of mine bursting to come out.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:16 pm

That sounds like an interesting and complex story. I’m always amazed at the very detailed biographies some people make for their dolls, as I don’t do that. A general idea of personality is about as much as I do. The clumsy fairy getting her wings revoked really made me chuckle  Laughing
Nice to see all of your gang.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1729

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 pm

BEGoths! And a red-haired EOS!   Love  

Fun storylines behind each character!  Is a photo-story in the works?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:21 pm

I was writing a photo story series a while ago but it all got lost when pullip fiction came down. I would like to start again and take time to do it properly but first I must focus on repairing some of my dolls.

AllieCat- the clumsy fairy was one of my favourites to write, I had to work my clumsiness into at least one of my characters.
David- thank you, I keep switching Eos and Zuora's ginger wigs about because I am having a hard time settling on who suits what. Hypnotica is one of my favourite begoths, I accidentally broke her neck trying to sort out her messy buns which is how she ended up loose haired and on an obitsu.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Cat's Dolls Img_2034
Yesterday I helped my stepdaughter change her pullips eyes and she got a new wig, she is pullip kiyomi and she has decided to call her willow. I think she looks so beautiful like this!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:33 pm

I had a photoshoot with Alice yesterday, I wanted to take pictures of all the different layers of stock she has because her outfit is so pretty.
I wasn't so sure about her cape when I saw it on reviews but actually I love it!Cat's Dolls Img_2035
Her apron is an unusual shade of green, pistachio maybe?
Cat's Dolls Img_2037
Her pink dress underneath is absolutely beautiful and sewen with so many delicate fabrics.
Cat's Dolls Img_2036
She came with the socks and petticoat skirt but I sewed the chemise for a bit of dignity, especially since the pants (panties to you Americans) she came with broke straight out of the box. It fits pretty well under her stock even on a medium bust obitsu.
Cat's Dolls Img_2038
Some pictures in just the chemise. I'm pretty pleased with it. Cat's Dolls Img_2039
Cat's Dolls Img_2040
Cat's Dolls Img_2041
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:46 pm

I have a lot of Alice dolls but I don't have pink Alice. You tempt me!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Nice job on the sewing, and pistachio is a good name for the colour. Her face is really sweet.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:39 pm

Alliecat wrote:Nice job on the sewing, and pistachio is a good name for the colour. Her face is really sweet.

I remember watching a review while I was waiting for her to arrive and just thinking wow that's more green than it looks in pictures.

TrueFan wrote:I have a lot of Alice dolls but I don't have pink Alice. You tempt me!
She's dropped in price on pullip style since I boughter, last I checked $103 if that tempts you any more!
Sepia Alice was my Alice grail but I'm glad I got pink Alice instead even her wig is good quality for a stock wig.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Cat's Dolls Empty Happy Samain!

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:58 pm

Ash has been desperate to get out in her pumpkin coat, with her pumpkin bag, finally today we got out. Happy Belated Halloween!
Cat's Dolls Img_2051
Cat's Dolls Img_2052
Cat's Dolls Img_2053
Cat's Dolls Img_2054

Halloween originally was a festival called Samain, it originated from both Scotland and Ireland (like me).
The celebration began at sunset on the 31st and ended on the 1st, during this time burial mounds would be opened and seen as portals to the afterlife. The Dead would walk in the living world and during the great feasts places would also be set for deceased loved ones. It was also a celebration of the harvest season coming to an end, the colour Orange was used to represent the death of summer, harvest and all things warm, while black was used to represent the incoming winter, fold and darker nights.

Many traditions during Samain were used to 'tell your future' apples would be peeled, skins thrown over your shoulder and thought to fall in shape of the Letter for your future lover. If you wished to make a marital match you would roast two hazelnuts, if they jumped apart in the fire it was a bad match. Bonfires were lit on the top of Scottish hills and used in many cleansing rituals.

I always thought the term Jack-o-lantern was an american term but in Scottish folk lore there was a man named Jack who carried a carved turnip to guide the dead back to the underworld. Turnips were the traditional veg to carve and pumpkins were only introduced when the British colonised America.
In Scotland we call trick or treating 'guising' as in to disguise yourself and we call bobbing for apples 'dooking for apples.'

That's all my Halloween facts for the day, maybe you can tell me some tradions of your own?

P.s. Ash would like to know what a candy corn is? Is it really corn?
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:01 am

Pumpkin coat and bag are extremely cute!

Candy corn looks like a single kernel of corn but is made from sugar, corn syrup, colored dye. Some people love it, some people hate it. It's okay, but I don't generally want to waste calories on candy corn.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:06 am

Fun reading about the traditions.
Ooo, where is the tropical setting with the koi pond?
That's a cute little coat.

People in this community at least are big on decorating for Halloween, everything from a bunch of pumpkins to giant inflatable characters. Community "haunted houses" to tour are kind of a Thing.
Being in love with all things Hawaiian, I adopted the tradition of carving a pineapple a few years ago. It smells nice and lights up wonderfully through all the grooves Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:29 am

Unfortunately I am very allergic to pineapple otherwise that sounds like a lovely tradition.
We were at our local botanical gardens for a walk with the playgroup, we are doing a walk once a month so at least I get a bit of opportunity to take some pictures, while also trying to wrangle children.

Thank you Truefan for answering my questions about candy corn, I've just always wondered.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:32 pm

Interesting and fun "brief history of Halloween" facts you've shared!
I love the last two photos, with the koi pond waterfall and the red leaves.

Was Samhain traditionally celebrated based on a calendar - like October 31 - or on the astronomical midquarter, mid-way between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice, which can vary by a few days each year (this year, 2022, astronomical Samhain falls on November 6/7, depending on your geographic location)?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Well I have conflicting accounts on a few things surrounding the holiday, one said it began at sundown on the 31st and ended on the 1st (sun up or sun down?) But some counts do seem to suggest it was primarily a celebration of the end of harvest and so would have been midway between autumn equinox and winter solstice. I'm guessing since a lot of the traditions involved divination and astronomy that It was more likely to be based around a lunar calendar.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:16 pm

Cat's Dolls Img_2056
Cat's Dolls Img_2057
Cat's Dolls Img_2055Cat's Dolls Img_2059
Cat's Dolls Img_2060
Cat's Dolls Img_2058
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:42 am

I love that top on her!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:33 am

She looks quite defiant there and ready to make her point.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 am

Punk's Not Dead... but everyone who remembers it is?
Laughing

I'm happy to see at least one angry rebel keeping the spirit of rebellion alive. True rebellion, that is, not "groupthink" rebellion.

davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:49 pm

I think now in Britain would be a good time for some true rebellion and a bit of punk revival. Ash could lead the troops with her angry little face.
Thank you True fan- it's monster high Venus top, I love monster high clothes on Dal's.
Thank you AllieCat, I don't think much stops her making a point.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:37 am

Emily has been dressed in rags for awhile now. I wanted to make a no sew dress one night when I was fed up with sewing but still wanted to be crafty, it was a good way to use up all my scraps of fabric. I have kept her dressed like this because I have some ideas for her character development but I think she is getting a bit jealous of how much attention and new clothes my other dolls are getting. We are staying with my mum while we move house (yes it finally is happening!) So I took the opportunity to photograph her in the fireplace inspired slightly by both Cinderella and the little match stick girl.
Cat's Dolls Img_2065
Cat's Dolls Img_2066
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:28 am

Emily makes an adorable Cinderella. Her "rag dress" is really cute!

Best of luck with your move! I hope everything goes smoothly; or, as smoothly as such things can, at any rate!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next