The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:44 am

davidd wrote:Oooh... a Council of Goths! And even an Elite Council of the Coven! That's just cool!

I see one of the Goths masquerading as a Pullip. Has she been cast out, shunned, exiled? Or is she recruiting for the coven?
Ah well I'm glad you asked that, Hypnotica is my obitsu'd begoth, she has crossed the covenant twice. The first being that she acquired an obitsu- a sin for removing her stock body and devaluing her as a collectors item. The second was for dating Sid, that's when she was exiled and he was turned into a scrubbing brush. The Goths are bitter that the male 9" figures were never turned into full sized dolls, so they don't like Goths dating other Doll types. They're a bit Amish in some senses. Hypnotica met Sid when she was a barmaid and he worked cleaning dishes, the Goths punishment was that he would work cleaning dishes as a brush until the debt of penance was cleared but he and Hypnotica left to start a new life where she runs her business as a shop owner.

I have over analysed this bizarre back story that popped into my brain and concluded that it comes from here: as a teenager I was drawn towards the subculture of goth, I guess because it broke the norm. I often found however I would come across people who felt you had to act/dress/music etc. In a certain way or you weren't truly goth. In that sense the very thing I felt left myself free to explore my personality was also restricting it.
Any way better not delve too much in to my own psychology or I will be here all day.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:00 pm

It's fun to see people's collections.  I think I have the same little green dragon!  The china dolls are nice too; that's a lovely gown on the one in the back.  LOL at your goths' backstory.  People being turned into frogs and such is so cliche -- being turned into a scrubbing brush, now there's something new!  Laughing  
Hope you can get poor Echo fixed soon.  Childproofing my house would be an impossible task and I am so glad it's not necessary.
And my mini crew have spotted the "report offensive content" option on the Servimg page and are contemplating filing a dolly rights complaint on wee Dormouse's behalf  Mad
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1740

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:00 pm

Thanks for giving us a look at your collection!

Alliecat wrote:And my mini crew have spotted the "report offensive content" option on the Servimg page and are contemplating filing a dolly rights complaint on wee Dormouse's behalf  Mad
Mine too!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11807

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm

No please don't report me, I will fix her as soon as possible. The problem is her arm is broken, I've tried gluing it, pinning it, making a new peg with greenstuff all has failed. I originally bought Dal Risa because she was so cheap i thought I could switch their bodies but I'm on the fence about who gets a little dal body and who gets an 11cm obitsu.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:53 pm

Aw, yeah, broken arms aren’t really repairable I don’t think. You made much more of an effort than I did with Darla. Re-bodying is the easiest thing to do.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:53 am

It's a shame how fragile the little bodies are. I am torn between an 11cm obitsu because I think Risa would make a cute toddler or keeping Risa on her own body and putting dormouse on something like a picco neemo
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 pm

They really are. I always worry about changing clothes when sleeves are tight and I have to kind of pull their arms together. It’s really such a tiny peg.
Those Picco Neemo bodies are really cute. It would be fun to have minis on those, but I couldn’t do it for everyone and then some wouldn’t match!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:28 pm

Tight clothing can be a solution if you don't want to redress a doll often. I have at least one doll whose limb is tied on and kept in place with clothing.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:16 pm

TrueFan wrote:Tight clothing can be a solution if you don't want to redress a doll often. I have at least one doll whose limb is tied on and kept in place with clothing.
Her mouse onsie was doing a good job of this, I actually only stripped her of clothes and a wig recently with the intention of fixing her up but as always other things have got in the way.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:06 pm

So my plan was to get a picture of Sid And Ash up a tree for the Dals in trees post. However I got Sid seated, snapped a couple of quick shots and then my toddlers decided they could sense the sea and ran straight at a big pile of jaggy nettles (again) I'm sensing a theme. So that got cut short and we went to the park instead. Still Ash and Sid got a little sibling bonding time.Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231014
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231013
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231015
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:53 pm

Isabella got a new wig, it's the softest wig ever and I got it for a bargain on ebay, so I took her out for a couple of photos. Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231016
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231017
Down one of the country lanes is a tree covered in mugs, I haven't worked out the purpose of this but I appreciate the quirkiness so I thought I would share. Cat's Dolls - Page 7 20231018
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:25 pm

what a pretty color!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  dargosmydaddy Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:45 am

Very cute. I love how her dress matches her eyes/ wig.
dargosmydaddy
dargosmydaddy
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 510

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:27 pm

Isabella looks cute in that striped dress with her new hairstyle.

The mug tree is definitely quirky and fun!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:52 pm

Thank you all, I have been wondering about the mug tree, is it like "come have a cuppa leave your mug on the tree"? There is another tree near here called the "clootie well" which is a scottish pilgrimage to tie scraps of material dipped in holy water to a tree in hopes it will bring healing. If I ever get back out that way it would make a fun photo
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:48 am

Someone living nearby ought to be able to tell you what the tree is about. Looks whimsical.
That’s such a pretty wig.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Empty Happy Halloween

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Luna is all ready for Halloween.
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Dsc04910
Luna: Hubble bubble toil and Trouble, Make a brew and watch it bubble.
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Dsc05010
Luna: add a sprig of pumpkin spice, a little Cinnamon makes it taste nice.Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Dsc04911
Luna: now stir it, stir it, let it brew, one for me one for you.
Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Dsc04913
Luna:Now hot chocolate is all done, brewing potions is so much fun
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:42 pm

Love it! I especially love the third photo.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:52 pm

That black kitty cat emerging from the fog is rather spooky!

Green hot cocoa, eh? Must have a touch of mint in it! Laughing
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:23 am

She really looks like she's casting a spell on it, in that first photo!
I was trying to figure out the not-Dal-looking hand, until I realized she is on a different body (?).
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 pm

Im glad the pictures came out so well and thank you for the compliments. I had a lot of fun figuring out different camera settings and lighting. She is on a hybrid body, so her chest and neck are a Dal body. Her arms torso and legs are an obtsu 23cm. I am having a problem now though because 3/4 of my Dals are on hybrid bodies and my 2 year old had broken Ash's arm. I cannot source a replacement piece for anything other than a ridiculous price because they have discontinued 23cm bodies in favour of a new 22cm body which looks completely different and closer to those bodies people put blythes on, which I'm not so keen on Dals. I have managed to temporarily replace her arm with a spare Dal arm but now she looks like she has only been doing lifts on one side. What I am finding particularly frustrating is that my 3 year old is actually very gentle and respectful of my dolls, wants to learn all their names, stroke their hair, give them kisses and tell them stories. My 2 year old on the other hand is (as the 3y/o says) a "godzilla child" who leaves destruction and chaos in every corner of the house. It's so bad now, I'm actually debating packing my dolls up in to a storage box again and putting them in my wardrobe until further notice. This is depressing me greatly because they were packed away for so long and I find it comforting having them beside my bed.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Aw, that is hard. I don't have kids but one of my cats was sitting on the couch arm and, right in front of me, just casually reached up and knocked an antique doll to the ground, smashing her head, before I could stop him.

I don't *think* I have any spare obitsu arms, but I *might* so if we do a swap remind me of everything (the size, the color) and I'll check. The few Dals I have on obitsu are mostly on 21s.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:08 pm

Sorry, Cat. Sad
That would be frustrating, and it probably feels like a long wait until s/he grows out of that phase.
Are you on Facebook? There are some groups where you might find some spare parts. “Pullip and Dolly Kingdom” is the biggest one. If you aren’t, I could ask for you and see if I could connect you to someone.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:24 pm

I'm not on Facebook so that would be really helpful if you could find some one. The piece I need is called 23cm obitsu female, arm replacement (white) here's a picture for reference. Cat's Dolls - Page 7 Screen12
I found some sold out ones on Mandarake and set up a notification alert. I also found some in stock on a site called doll making supplies but when I try to buy them it says the site is down for maintenance with no indication of a return. I also tried emailing paradox and obitsu directly but never got a response.
I am trying to be accepting of the fact that the kids are very different. 3 is sensitive and likes other people to help him. 2 likes to try and figure things out himself and is a problem solver but ultimately these leads to accidental destruction. It occurred to me last night that the cabinet that contains the Goths had an underneath that locks, which is where I took these pictures of Luna, so I've been moving the pullips there instead. I suppose on the up side I have learned a bunch of new skills like restringing a begoth and a monster high.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:02 pm

Message posted… Will let you know if anybody responds.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next