The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 8 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:28 pm

Alliecat wrote:Message posted… Will let you know if anybody responds.
Thank you very very much
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:48 pm

A couple of quick autumn shots of Lilly while the weather is still kind of sunny (but see your breath cold).Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231112
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231111
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:52 pm

Cute outfit - it looks realistic.
I love that hair-eyes combination!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:58 am

Oh, she's so pretty! And I love her adorable outfit!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:28 am

I have been doing lots of doll things in the last few months but I haven't had time to stop and post about them. All the way back in September I fixed Echo's eye and at the same time I decided to swap the dormouse on to little dal Rita's body. I also decided to switch her eyes back to the originals because I had replaced them with eyes I poked out of a poundshop (dollarstore) my little pony- Alliecat is right this is a strange hobby sometimes.
I don't remember this hack job for inserting eyes the first time round you can see her broken arm too.Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20230932
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20230931
I also decided to remove her whiskers... I had penciled these on with a normal HB pencil and figured the pencil should rub right off. I didn't count on it making a hole in her face-up.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20230933
So she got a custom job to hide it and I also decided to give her a complete make-over and a new wig. I'm not completely done with her outfit yet and I'm not sure the wig I ordered was quite the right size either. It's a bit snug and slides up her head. But here is a sneak peek so far. She is the Dormouses wife- Lady clementine Grey, Countess of Peppermint. Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231210
I have also been doing a fair bit of sewing but I can't show you until after Christmas because they are mainly gifts.
This week I set up a Christmas shoot with Lilly and Effery. Effery is officially the last doll unpacked from the box. Hooray I completed my goal for the year. I took lots of lovely pictures with my camera but I cannot connect the camera to the computer because one of the leads is bust- sigh- one step forwards two back. So I took a couple with my phone but I'm not sure it's quite the same. Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231214
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231213
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231215
The fluffy capes were sewn by my friend Jemm and so were the skirts. Her sewing is some of my favourite outfits to dress my girls in and I am slowly making my own way through her cherished collection of sewing patterns so it was a nice tribute to create a scene with these, especially since she was also the one who sold me Effery. So that's my update and a Merry Christmas from Cat's lala dolly land Smile
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:41 am

Lady Clementine Grey came out quite well!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:14 am

CatDragonStorm wrote:... eyes I poked out of a poundshop (dollarstore) my little pony- Alliecat is right this is a strange hobby sometimes.
I don't know whether to laugh or be appalled. A blind MLP and now a bodyless Rita? Someone call the toy welfare police! Laughing

It sounds like you had some fun creating a look for her. I'm surprised about the pencil removal too -- you'd think that would be easy to erase. Maybe it sort of... bled into the plastic somehow? But anyway, it's nicely disguised by her little rosy cheeks, and she looks cute and fluffy.
The Christmas photos have a nice glow.
Hope you can get a new cable -- or did you mean one of the leads in the camera itself?

Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm

Waivers at the doll hospital must be lengthy for sure.
I think it was the pressure from the eraser essentially buffed the blush away, I tried to stick to a similar peachy colour for her cheeks but I was worried it looks a little brown in pictures. Rida will get a new body, I just haven't decided which type to try save for.
It's the cable that connects to the computer to the TV. Because my partner put all the TVs on the wall but broke a cable in the process. Then I ordered the wrong one from amazon twice >.< I was just eager to see the camera results because I have been playing about with settings but never mind.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Lady clementine Grey, Countess of Peppermint is a super-cute name for a super-cute custom! The "salvage rescue" turned in to a cute custom!

The eyes on the fairly expensive Smart Dolls are held in with sticky clay. That's it, no "eye mech" at all. I guess this is a fairly standard practice among BJD dolls. Seems a bit odd considering how expensive they are, but it works, and it makes customizing easy.

Congratulations on completing one of your "dolly goals" for the year by unpacking storage boxes.

The holiday pictures have a warm and gently festive look to them, appropriate to the season.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:29 pm

Thank you. I'm mostly feeling festive this year.
Ready for a Road trip Alice?Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231216
Alice: Ready as I'll ever be!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:49 pm

We're always ready for road trips around here!
Where are we... well, I mean where is Alice going?
Send us a postcard or two, won't you, Alice?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:18 am

love the Cheshire Cat bag!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:04 am

Holiday visiting?
Safe travels!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:04 pm

I didn't get a chance to update over the weekend. It felt like the most hectic weekend ever. We went to Glasgow to visit family. I didn't get a chance to take many doll photos but I squeezed in a couple.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231217
Alice: oh this shelf is just perfect for all my things.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231218
Alice: excuse me sir? Are you real?
Pinnochio: I'm not sure Miss, are you real?
Alice: I don't know, I guess I hadn't really thought about it.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231219
Alice: That was too busy, I'm ready for bed now.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231220
That shelf is a good size for a doll bed.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231221
All ready for the journey home.
We got home in one piece and Alice is still sleeping so I must have worn her out. I spotted a lot of good opportunities for Doll photos in and around the activity centre but unfortunately they all went unutilised as I tried to balance civilised conversation and chasing escaping children. I had a lovely time catching up with family though so it's nice to share a small snipet with you all. Hope you are all starting to feel sutiably festive and not rushed off your feet with last minute Christmas tasks. I am a bit of both.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:39 pm

oh, even her carrier bag is Alice themed!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:50 pm

TrueFan wrote:oh, even her carrier bag is Alice themed!
I'm so glad someone noticed. I sewed it myself last year before I broke my sewing machine. I'm still working out the kinks in the pattern (I made that up too based on a blythe carry case I owned) it came out shorter than I intended so she only fits with her legs curled up!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 am

Ha ha, do dolls ever wonder if they are real?
She’s so cute. I love her little pink sweater. And she looks so cosy in her bed. Cool that you made it and made up the pattern.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:38 am

I think dolls have two gods, The creator and the Imaginer. They sort of think they are real but not too much.
My display/ storage/ dumping ground spaces for my dolls are ever evolving for various reasons. My top shelf has become stuff I'm in the middle of finishing/ stuff I don't want to pack away yet. As I was sorting I made a scene and a little story formed in my head so here is a short story titled: Clementine's dream.

Clementine was fast asleep in her cosy teapot when she began to have a strange dream. At first she thought she was running a tea shop or perhaps it was a book shop? Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231222
A mermaid was preciously perched on some oversized book, with a strange collection of niknaks and bric-a-brac.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231223
A small girl and her dog appeared, she tried to ask them of they would like some cake, but as she spoke the girl clapped her hands and a golden key and a portrait appeared on the table.Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231224
What could it be for? Before she had much time to ponder it there was an almighty CRASH
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231225
A soldier for the queen of clubs appeared and two henchmen alongside! They demanded all the lollipops as ransom for the queen of clubs!
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231226
Clementine woke with a start! How had such a good dream suddenly gone so wrong?
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:18 am

Nice Alice themed story!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:51 am

Things went awry the moment Clem allowed action figures in to her dream!
Laughing

The pic of the cozy nap nook on the shelf has me feeling so sleepy that I can barely keep my eyes open! Seriously! I wish I had a space that was that comfortable and cozy and conducive to napping!

Last edited by davidd on Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:55 am

Haha, cute! Quite dreamlike indeed.
I'd settle for marauding action figures over the stupid dreams I do have!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:34 pm

The action figures were my first ever birthday gift from my fiancé. His hobby is wrestling so in an attempt to bond and understand I used to send him silly stories with them.

I got some etsy vouchers as an early Christmas present and wasted no time spending them. I had been eyeing up some outfits on a shop called Ropitas Kawaii and settled on some Christmas outfits. I didn't think they would be here before Christmas so I was very excited when they arrived yesterday. I wanted to do a Christmas photoshoot but I'm too impatient and wanted to share with you.
Here is Lilly in a lovely green and red ensemble.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231227
Here is Ebony in a beautiful red and black dress, perfect for the queen of hearts.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231228
Lilly and Ebony are sisters in a sense, when the queen of hearts was due to give birth to Ebony, she feared for her daughters future as queen, she thought a queen of hearts with no heart to target would be safer, so she hid Ebony's heart in a baby from the real world- Lilly. Lilly was born at 1 minute to midnight on valentines day, Ebony was born the moment it turned midnight and ceased to be valentines day. Here are the two together. Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231229
I got a new rose plant yesterday which was white and red roses. I got 30% of because it was badly wilting and needed pruned, the white and red rose heads that had already fallen of seemed a good prop to unite the two girls!
Finally here are the two with the business card from Ropitas Kawaii. I really recommend her work, it's beautifully detailed.
Cat's Dolls - Page 8 20231230
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:09 pm

The outfits look super-cute... or über-kawaiiii!

Your backstories for your characters are always fun and interesting... and complex and mysterious... and very fairytale-esque.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:26 am

Cute outfits!  They look ready for a holiday party.  I've heard of the shop; can't remember where -- maybe she posts on Omocha Crush/Dolly Kingdom.  
The backstory is intriguing.
And that's really cute about the action-figure stories.  Smile
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:03 pm

Thank you. I am very inspired by old fairytales especially the darker versions. My mum gave me an old book of Grimms fairytales and it said on the cover stories for all ages... but they definitely are not suitable for all ages. One story is about a man who chops his daughters hands off to save her from the devil and another is all about a little boy whose body is trapped under the floor boards. 😱
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next