The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat's Dolls

+5
davidd
Alliecat
Pearls
TrueFan
CatDragonStorm
9 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cat's Dolls - Page 9 Empty Re: Cat's Dolls

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:25 am

Finally a shoot under the tree!
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231231

Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231232Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231233
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231234
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:10 am

The girls look so Christmas-y! Love
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:49 am

Very Christmasy indeed. I’m curious what you did for lighting – ambient or a bit of flash…? Photos with holiday lights can be tricky but it’s fun to get the different colours and the highlights from them. I love the apparent head tilt and expression in the first photo!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1745

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:03 pm

Mostly I just used the lighting available from the big light and the tree. I did buy a small clip on light for my phone but it doesn't hold a charge very well and goes dull after like a minute. The lights on the tree were on a slow pulse and I actually think the pictures where they were off, came out better for the dolls faces but lacked that christmassy ambience. Ebony has a very floppy obitsu no matter how much I have tried to stiffen the screws and stuff her with foam she still is quite hard to get to stand/sit up straight. But I am very pleased to get some Christmas pictures in their new outfits.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:27 pm

Congrats, I love the stuff from Ropitas Kawaii.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11815

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 pm

TrueFan wrote:Congrats, I love the stuff from Ropitas Kawaii.
Thank you.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:50 am

Christmas eve is the perfect time for some hot chocolate. I think Alice needs a friend to share with though. Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231236
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231235
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:55 am

Aww, so cute.
I'd share with you, Alice hug2
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:16 pm

The make it mini hot chocolate is so cute!!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.
Willow joined Alice for a hot chocolate last night. Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231237
Today another pullip joined the household but she wasn't mine. My 3 y/old has been obsessed with my Alice for a long time and the only thing on his Christmas list was his own Alice. I sourced this one on mandrake awhile back for VERY cheap because her eye mechanism is a bit mangled, but still works. I have been secretly getting him to pick things for her all month and I sewed the jacket. I know some people will feel I'm crazy for giving a young child a pullip. I'm still on the fence myself but I thought about how happy he would be and the fact it was already a partially broken doll and thought If I can be the parent who starts him on his doll journey then that's priceless. Also I am learning sometimes a buffer doll is necessary if I want to keep my own from suffering the fate of tiny hands. Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231238
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231239
My own Christmas dolls were monster high G3, skulltimate secrets Twyla and Draculaura. Twyla I picked myself because I had a gift voucher, Draculaura my partner picked for me and apparently while he was at the toystore looking for her, a woman who was very drunk or on 'something' slurred at him that she needed a 'dracula' (strong scottish accent) and he said "no its Draculaura' She said "Naw dracula' then slumped off with one of the dolls he has been holding. So now that's all I hear when I look at her Laughing I'm actually really thrilled he picked a doll for me.
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231240
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231241

Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231243
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231242
And finally the crowning glory of Christmas presents also from my partner. The mini make it kitchen! -drools-
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231244
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:53 pm

Oh, the kitchen with the light! Congrats on all the nice gifts, and that your partner picked out doll stuff for you!

There is nothing wrong with giving a small child a Pullip in my opinion, especially if you got one cheap. i keep one in my car where she is yellowing and getting brittle. It's not worse than that. And a lot of Smart Doll owners seem to be small children! I hope he loves the Pullip!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:07 pm

What a nice dolly-gift-giving Christmas!  How sweet that your partner picked a doll for you.  And you can have fun with the little one while teaching him to be careful with fragile things.  Alice is cute and so is her jacket.  It's also cute that you had him secretly picking items for her.
Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Alliecat on Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:34 am

I shall henceforth have a difficult time NOT thinking about Draculaura in terms of besotted Scottish Dracula! Laughing

Fun prezzies and a fun story behind them! Happy Holidays! Congratulations
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:15 pm

Hope you all had a great Christmas. New Alice has had multiple songs sung to her, danced around the living room and he tried to read her 'Alice in wonderland the book" which he started with 'once upon a time there was a girl named you' it was very cute. I'm having a nice lazy boxing day. Here is Draculaura and Twyla chilling out. Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231246
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231245
Miniverse kitchen is looking nice and full now.
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231247
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:28 pm

The kitchen is cute. Well, more than cute. It looks quite good!

"... there was a girl named you" is funny and fun!

Can we call her Drunk-ulaura? laughing evil
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:12 am

Those are pretty with the lights in the background. I hope you are getting video of the adventures with Alice. That will be a fun memory to treasure.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:39 pm

Drunk-ulaura Laughing I am making sure to take some pictures and videos. He's very sweet with the dolls, it's terrible 2's I don't trust with the pullips, he got a baby doll instead though and that seems to be keeping him busy.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:32 pm

The adventures of the other Alice.
First Alice, the other Alice and Angelina took a trailer ride.
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231248
It's always bad hair day in this house!
Then they all got tucked up in bed
Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231249
Then we watched 'Joseph and the technicolor dreamcoat' (Donny Osmond) for the millionth time.
I also took this picture of M'aidez because I thought she looked like she was in a rather pleasant daydream. Cat's Dolls - Page 9 20231250
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:30 am

The nap picture under the red blankie is cute! Puts me in the mood to sleep, like nao!

Donny Osmond! Ah, when I was in third grade, one of the girls in my class -- I even remember her name, Shannon -- had a crush on Donny Osmond! She would often talk to me... me, I don't know why, I wasn't a popular kid in elementary school by any stretch... about Donny Osmond. I cannot, to this day, see a mention of the color "purple" without recalling that Donny Osmond's favorite color was purple and he liked to wear purple socks.

Of course, kids are weird. The sister of one of my friends in middle school (junior high) had a crush on singer Bobby Sherman, a decade or two after Bobby Sherman had faded in to obscurity.

I wonder of M'aidez is day-dreaming about Donny Osmond or Bobby Sherman? Maybe both, judging by her expression of absolute captivation.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:09 am

How cute that your dolls are having adventures together. Neither parent ever "played dolls" with me, and it's too bad Mom never got to see my dolls, because as a lifelong photographer who enjoyed tabletop photography back when camera clubs and slides (and tabletop) were a Thing, I'm sure she'd have enjoyed joining in the doll photography.

We used to watch the Osmond show when I was little but I had to google Barry Sherman.

Sorry not sorry but M'aidez looks like she had something psychedelic at the New Year's party.
I mean, she's enjoying it, but yeah lol!
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:13 pm

Alliecat wrote:

We used to watch the Osmond show when I was little but I had to google Barry Sherman.

I'm a little bit country!
I'm a little bit rock and roll!

Bobby Sherman, not Barry Sherman! Laughing (Now I'm curious what you turned up if you actually searched for Barry Sherman.)

((Oh, that was depressing. Canada is such a swell place.))

What kind of "tabletop photography" was your mom interested in? Still Life compositions, that sort of thing?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:21 pm

Huh. That was a moment of brain fart. I should not be replying to things online when it is late and I am tired after a long day. (Another thread might be evidence of that.) I did actually look up Bobby; I just wrote it wrong by the time I got to writing a response and it happened to be that other guy confused

Yes, still life, glassware with fancy glass backgrounds and coloured lighting, little statuettes etc. Mom and Dad did it together, mostly before I came along or when I was very little, and had a lot of fun. Dad was mostly blind by the time I got my first dolls. Once in a while they would set up some little scene. The one that sticks in my mind is a chunk of cheese with a little wire railing around a hole in it as if they were workers down a manhole, with a sign that said “mice at work”.  Laughing
I think they’d have loved doing it with dolls.
It’s a mystery why, having had some dolls and other little plushies, and being interested in photography from a very early age, why I never thought to put the two together until I grew up.
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:04 pm

Your parents sound really awesome, it really is a shame you couldn't have shared your own hobbies with them. With the kind of "mice at work" humour I'm sure they would have thought of some brilliant scenes for your dolls!
I had to Google bobby/Barry sherman too Laughing

I'm sure the psychedelic M'aidez took was just pixie dust... at least I think that's what kids these days are calling it Laughing
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:21 pm

I agree with AllieCat about M'aidez!

When I was in grade school we had some real arguments over Donny Osmond v. David Cassidy (my choice).

"I think I love you, isn't that what life is made of...."
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:29 pm

Unfortunately neither osmond or cassidy have aged very well. I can't get every single song from Joseph out of my head it's awful, I'm just roaming the house shouting lines at the kids "Close every door to me"... and also turn the lights out because the electricity bill is too high!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next