The Dal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

5 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:38 pm

The 3 pack is already sold out on amazon in the UK. The only place I can find them is on ebay for £25-£40 for 1 ball!!!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Number of posts : 841

Back to top Go down

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 Empty Re: A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:22 am

I'm really struggling after a dental implant (pain and vertigo) so I treated myself to some "feeling sorry for myself" retail therapy.

This is a large action figure of Ahsoka Tano. She lights up and talks, but her elbows don't even bend! At least I got her on sale.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 53520507722_3677fcaeff
large Ahsoka action figure by TrueFan, on Flickr
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 11811

http://www.puddlestyle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:40 am

Hope you feel better soon. grouphug
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female
Number of posts : 1744

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:46 pm

Oh True, you are really having it tough with your health recently. I hope the pain dies off soon and you feel better. I'm glad you treated yourself though. Ahsoka looks cool and extra cool that she lights up.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:58 pm

Dental procedures always knock me for a loop. May the Force Be With You for a prompt and complete recovery.

That's a nice looking Ahsoka figure! I bet it looks pretty cool on display in dim light with the sabres illuminated!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male
Number of posts : 1539

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:28 pm

Thank you all! I took her out at what was dusk a few weeks ago but is no longer dusky enough to show off her lit lightsabers. I need to go out again when it is nearly dark.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:34 pm

Can the light sabres be turned on for a steady glow, like for display or as a night light? Or do they light up for a set period of time and then turn off?
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:12 pm

They turn on and off, or flash and turn off. There are two buttons for light and sound and if you aren't careful she says two things at the same time!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:39 am

So tempted.
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 20240212
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:30 am

My teeth hurt but I want these...
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 20240213

TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  adreamingdollie Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:50 pm

Yum!! The minis are always up to mischief, aren't they? She seems to be saying "you know you want them!!"
adreamingdollie
adreamingdollie
Chatty
Chatty

Female
Number of posts : 153

http://www.instagram.com/dreaming.dollie

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:06 pm

She got her way.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:26 pm

TrueFan wrote:She got her way.

Very Happy Good for her!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:29 pm

But what are donettes? Also are twinkies all they are made out to be? I think sugar is the sustenance of dolls. Ash would certainly argue so.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:16 pm

Donettes are the greatest of the Hostess products. Chocolate covered, powder sugared, or rarely coconut mini donuts. No doubt full of terrible things but so delicious.  I've actually never been much of a Twinkie fan.

A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 20240215
Cookies with Paddington Bear!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:42 am

Paddington looks especially excited about cookies. I especially like the little purple alien dress.
I've always wondered about Twinkies since watching Zombieland. Donettes sound quite exciting!
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:47 pm

If I take off my eyeglasses, the cookies kind of blur together and look like a big pizza!
Pizza party at Paddington's place!
Very Happy

CatDragonStorm wrote:
I've always wondered about Twinkies since watching Zombieland. Donettes sound quite exciting!

You've never experienced Twinkies?!?  Crying or Very sad

Ah, Donettes! For a number of years Donettes were a primary food group for me. I worked at a job that only allowed 30 minutes for lunch. At lunchtime I would scurry to the nearest grocery market, grab a packet of Donettes (usually the powdered sugar variety) and a small carton of chocolate milk (back in the days when you could get chocolate milk made with real whole milk), and snarfing down that carbs + sugar infusion would keep me going the remainder of the work day.

Another Zombieland connection: for a number of years a Real Deal Brazil Canvas Tarp Hat was my "go-to" hat for outdoor adventure. I was wearing that hat before it was popularized by appearing in the Zombieland franchise.
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:27 pm

I don’t know if we have Donettes here… But then I don’t eat much of that stuff anyway so I might not ever have noticed. Is there cream inside them?

I had to look up the hat. It’s a fun idea… Although, aside from being white, mine is just about that battered anyway.  Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:54 pm

No cream. Just a small delicious donut covered in chocolate, powdered sugar, or coconut.
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Alliecat Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:14 am

TrueFan wrote:No cream. Just a small delicious donut covered in chocolate, powdered sugar, or coconut.
So basically a Timbit on steroids?
Laughing
Alliecat
Alliecat
Fanatic
Fanatic

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:47 pm

*googling timbit*
No, they have holes like donuts. I'll post a photo when I eat some for lunch!!
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Dals with donettes!
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 20240216
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  CatDragonStorm Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 pm

Oh now I have two snacks to be jealous of- donettes and tidbits.
CatDragonStorm
CatDragonStorm
Always here
Always here

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueFan Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:54 pm

How cute is this robot charm made from electronic parts?
A doll as often as I get around to posting...2024 - Page 6 20240217
TrueFan
TrueFan
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  davidd Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:35 am

Oh, that must be so tiny! What a clever and fun use for reclaimed materials!
davidd
davidd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next